Beaumont Hospital

Beaumont Hospital Employee Reviews

Work experience
Very busy hospital to work. Shortage of staff nurses. Building needs to be refurbished. Long working hours. Staff don't leave at their appointed time.
Bad Environment
If you're thinking of applying to work here..DON'T DO IT!! Management is non existant, no regulation, some of the clerical staff not fit for their role, many should be let go!
No surprises the health service is as bad as it is, with staff like this!

Very sad to see so many skilled young professionals out there looking for work and the complete opposite working in our hospitals!! What is going on?!
Work placement review
I felt the patients were given good care and everyone seemed to work well as a team. Unfortunately on my placement I felt put out of place as though i was in their way.
clerical
I really enjoyed working here, especially in the social work department. Unfortunately there were no permanent contracts at the time. I would like to work here again
Great Workplace
Lovely place to work, I was only on contract but would work here again in a heartbeat. Very flexible, low stress, work life balance is important, salary good.
Perfect
Amazing place to work but very busy. A lot of overtime available if needed. Does require a lot of physical work and can be tiring at times. But other than that, fantastic
busy
a good team environment
busy at times

you meet a mix of people daily

great team to work with

talented expertise available to assist

approachable management
Pros
canteen
Cons
bus transport
work experience
I only did work experience in this job but i found it to be quite decent, you were always doing something and never bored but you were never overwhelmed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
No pay
Fun and interesting workplace to be in
I came in at 9:00 a.m, i sat at my table and i was given work. Usually the work was computer based which was enjoyable for me and not hard to do. I had a small break at 11 and lunch at 13:00, and at 15:00 i finished my day. I found this workplace really enjoyable and helpful.
busy dublin hospital
worked as an intern here over a decade ago, am not placed to comment on th e current work culture. some very talented consultants here. heavy workload to be expected
Fun workplace
• Multi-disciplinary role in Biochemistry, Immunology and Specimen reception for three consecutive summers.
• In Specimen Reception, responsible for sample receipt from wards, clinics and General Practices.

• Proficient in registration, logging in, and test request of patient samples on Telepath Laboratory computer system, and organising external laboratory tests. Despatch of samples all over the country and the world.
Busy Workplace
7.00am
Review 28 Catering Staff roster

Check in Staff

Check 750 patient breakfast trolleys

Send up any missed or new request for breakfast

Check stores .Report any broken equipment review menu with chef Make any changes Complete any roster and daily work plans

Break

Complete wage returns

Complete H.A.C.C.P

11.00 Check in 19 staff mange lunch service for 750.Patients

1.00pm Lunch

Roster for next day

return to work inteviews

record sick plan staff meeting 3.00pm End of shift
Pros
Work is very varied
Cons
I have long comute
Nursing Administration Assistant
Worked in Nursing Administration with Director of Nursing and 10 Clinical Care Coordinators. Did all forms of administration from Nursing School to Director of Nursing PA duties
Good group of nursing staff to work with
Great place to work. Met a great bunch of girls from all over the world, still keep in touch with them. Too top heavy in management,
Good hospial to work for
The hospital was good to work for because when you have a family the would give you flexiable hours and the security.Very good company to work for.
Pros
It was a sercure job
Cons
too much work for work per individual
loved working here, very busy and stressful in a good way, great job satisfaction
Based in Medical Record section with the responsibility for reception and administration back up to the Consultant’s
Preparing and updating of patients charts

Responsibility for sending patients test results to designated departments/clinics within the hospital

Ensuring patient confidentiality

Liaising with consultants and colleagues in a professional manner
Pros
free parking, great place with great people
Cons
click who you know not what you know
good place to work in, nice mmanagement
It's my first job in Ireland. I've got not only cleaning skills. I've learned how to communicate with all type of people. Everybody were professional and nice including cleaners and managers.
Nothing to say
I was always taught; if you have nothing good to say, say nothing. Does that help.
enjoyable place to work
I am part of a team on a surgical ward. I deal with direct contact with patient care and clerical duties at a Major Dublin Hospital. My day would involve general clerical duties: letters, phone calls, faxing to the Public Health nurse. I also deal with the general public on a daily basic and some times I have to use my best people skills. Form time to time patients get angry and upset for many reason and it is important to give them reassurance at all time. It can be challenging to help them understand, but I get real satisfaction when they understand and feel reassured .
fun an friendly to work there
I really enjoyed my time working here but I was too young at the time but ive since matured an realised it was to most secure fun an friendly place to work
Pros
got to mix with the public
Cons
week end work but as i said at the the time i was young an didn appreicate the job
Great camaraderie and team work both on the job and socially.
A typical day of work begins 9am. There is a three week rota for Pharmacy Technicians which means that work is varied and everybody can slot into any position as required.As I was on work experience my time was a complete learning experience.I was a bit taken aback that I was included in the full roster but found it very beneficial as I had to learn as I was regularly on the spot and had to act accordingly. I found the management extremely down to earth and helpful. My co-workers which included Pharmacists as well as Pharmacy Technicians were all extremely helpful and worked excellent as a team. I also experienced great camaraderie outside the workplace both at sporting events and socialising. The hardest part of the job was probably learning generic names of products and locating them as there is a stock of over three and a half thousand products stocked in the pharmacy.As this was a complete change from the type of employment I had been used to in a conflict environment I found the whole experience enjoyable.
Pros
Easy access and free staff car parking.
Cons
Nil
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beaumont Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Beaumont Hospital Reviews by Location