Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Respect and Communication encouraged.Open door encouraged.. Long established multinational company longest in Galway when it closed where a high standard of operation was achieved to an FDA standard.
Pros
Competitive salary
There’s a lot going on. It’s very very busy. Culture is very good and people are helpful and friendly.. new business coming their way and will be very busy
The majority of personnel were there long term and it was like a family where everyone helped out if necessary. There was no "it's not my job - ask someone else". I liaised with internal and external service providers in my roles throughout my 23 years at Beckman coulter, negotiating cost reductions, scheduling, etc. My supervisors were approachable and helpful.
Pros
Flexi time at managers discretion
Cons
Closure of the Galway facility
Technologically stagnant Culture that is resistant to change Poor management Corrective approach to problems rather than preventative Reactive rather than proactive Cheap Poor salary and benefits Good work/life balance Performance and promotion goalposts are constantly shifting Does very little to address poor staff morale and retention Little to no opportunities for advancement or development
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
See review
I was treated very well here and got to liase with senior management. I learned that accountants work hard, but that it is rewarding. Their main Irish location has now moved to Clare.
Pros
Happy work environment
Cons
Worked in Beckman Coulter for 3 years up to January 2014. Worked in the warehouse in there Clare plant in tulla and it was very challenging and enjoyable. The workforce and staff are very nice and makes working there a joy. Beckman is great if you want to challenge yourself in certain roles and they will help you meet your goals. They are great for spotting talented people and will advance you into roles if suitable when they become available and not work on service with in the company but on the ability of the worker to do the role.
Pros
Staff and advancement
Cons
Canteen can be hit and miss
Auditing was very enjoyableLearned six sigma and FDA regulations