Bershka Employee Reviews

Productive and Nurturing Environment
Mahon Point - Cashier and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mahon Point, Cork1 April 2019
A typical day in Bershka was very intense and busy. The sale assistants are occupied with tasks from the beginning of their shift. There was never a dull moment. The environment was extremely fast paced and taxing due to the popularity of the store. Patience and communication skills are detrimental as a sales assistant in Bershka.

Throughout your time working there you will constantly be learning new tasks and gaining new skills. You will usually start with basic hanging and folding but there is never not something new to learn.

The management is very efficient, focused and professional.
What I really enjoyed was how my team was like a family.
Pros
25% discount in all inditex stores.
You will never get bored
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundrum11 December 2018
Bershka was a big school for me. That was my first proper job in Ireland. Great environment, nice people. I used to be afraid sometimes because my English was not great but the people who used to work with me was always helpful.
Pros
Discounts in all inditex shops
Cons
Busy days
Productive and fun workplace
Deputy / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cork19 September 2018
Very productive and fast workplace that provides you with lot of opportunities to progress.
Gives you required and good training which makes very good base for going forward.
You get a chance to meet so many good and positive people with different experiences.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Stress
Bershka
Stockroom Responsible/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 September 2018
It is a very good first job when you have arrived in Ireland. In this job I have improve my English when I had no English at all. I have learned to manage and organize all the new clothes in the stockroom, also transferring stuffs to another stores. The hardest part it is to work under pressure and as fast as you can. The most enjoyable part was the friends what I did.
Pros
Improving, meet people
Cons
Work under pressure, low salary, bad management
Attitute of some of the senior staff was awful.
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin24 April 2018
some memebers of the senior staff was awful. A terrible attitutde, brought the whole atmosphere down,
most toher staff members were very friendly and kind. Main manager was a plasure to work for!
Pros
30 discount in stores
Cons
long hours on my feet
Good Job experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland30 January 2018
I worked as a sales assistant after leaving school. This job proved to be a humble and good introduction into working life. It had a fun working environment.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
not much progression
Nice people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin11 December 2017
Good atmosphere. Work can be repetitive so becomes boring after a while. A place to definitely think about if you're not shy. Could pay a little more for its long hours.
Pros
pay
Cons
Busy store and low in staff members.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 May 2017
It's a nice place to work because the staff and managers that work there but it's a busy store compared to the number of staff working.
Salary could be better.
Fast paced and demanding.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 March 2017
I typically work weekends which are very busy in this store. Ordinarily, I would start around 10/11 at this stage I would ensure all duties had been carried out such as organising the cash desk for the day, all accessories had been unpacked, replenishment of accessories and any additional tasks which may change day to day. After ensuring these tasks had been completed, I would either serve customers or complete any additional tasks which managers may require. Some of this tasks may be organising faulty items or store product transfer. The hardest part is ensuring all tasks are done as customers come first, at times it can require a lot of difficult multitasking. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is unquestionably the team I work with, there is a very lively, enthusiastic and supportive team, even while it is very stressful and busy, we always manage to keep a sense of humour and ensure we are all in good moods throughout a hectic day.
Good working conditions
Sales Assistant, and Stock Room Holder (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D7 July 2015
Managers kept a tight hand on all work done and had very charismatic leadership
Easy to work in and enjoyable to say the least.
Fun place to work, Wonderful staff.
MENSWEAR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 September 2014
New store - Christmas opening - All staff needed training never worked in retail before - Top heavy management - No support
Pros
Commission
Cons
Top heavy management
highly fast paced work place
Menswear Manager and Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D8 April 2014
Daily routine would involve opening of store, assisting with the opening of the cash desk, stock replenishment, overstocked product removed to the stockroom

Bestsellers checked off and compared to previous week sales, delivery plan/money mapping.

Competitor analysis, product rotation.

Merchandising - structure change, mannequins etc

Daily task had to be achieved at the fastest pace possible.
Pros
Uniform Allowance - 15% Discount
Cons
Long hours + unpayed overtime - Lack of support