Bidvest Noonan

Bidvest Noonan Employee Reviews

The management in noonans is like something you’d see in a ww2 documentary in how they act. They get joy out of being mean and going to them with a problem is like talking to the wall
Pros
Good money I suppose
Cons
No equipment to clean, people hide equipment
I was excited to start working with Noonans. They had me situated in a shopping centre on an info desk. Day to day was pretty simple and easy, handling emails/social media etc. The salary was okay and I managed to get by although Noonans dont provide ANY benefits whatsoever for working there, this was frustrating as I was travelling by bus everyday upwards of 9 KM a journey. Not to mention the fact that I only paid properly about 2 times in my 8 months of being there! Trying to get the money that you were owed was like getting blood out of a stone. Putting all of this aside I enjoyed my job and the experience was great. That was until Covid hit. The centre manager had called me and stated that I was going to be Temp Laid off which was fine with me. Months pass with no contact or even a "How are you". Then they contact me and I agree to come back for 1 day. During that day I was then told I would be starting back full time within the next 3-4 weeks. From that day to this I havent heard from anyone from bidvest in relation to my job. 2 days after I was there for the one day, they hired someone to take over my position and didnt tell me. They led me to believe I was going back to my job with absolutely no intention of taking me back. I was extremely hurt by this after working closely with these people for over a year. This has furthermore made me hesitant in trusting my future employers. Bidvest Noonan treated me like a piece of dirt.
Pros
The experience
Cons
Too many to list
No proper training for what is a potentially dangerous job.No Hep c shots for many workers even though this is promised at the start. Holidays are "banned" from time to time, sometimes for months on end. Last year I had to take some of my summer holidays in November.Pervasive culture of disrespect (though some of the line managers are nice enough, it has to be said), and I've heard many truly shocking stories of bullying. Not a few of the line managers see talking to staff like they are misbehaving dogs as a as a good way to motivate, and this toward hard workers too. Just pure ignorance.The 12 day week they expect you to work is physically and psychologically draining. If they won't agree to a 5 day week, do not take the job.Do Not work here.
Pros
...co-workers
Cons
chaos
The hours are fine. There are issues like all jobs but over all the pay is good, double Bank Holidays. You are tasked with jobs and given the time to do it. The managers are helpful.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
I worked in MUHWhat an absolute joke of a place too many wannabe bosses then the head manager in galway is a DUB 'nasty piece of work to many polish
Cons
Terrible place for someone who has mental health issues. No proper traineing given, you get your training of other employees who are not trained to do so. Management feel it's ok to discuss/talk about employees business/health infront of other members of staff.
Pros
Its impossible to get fired because always short staff
Cons
No support for mental health. Youve to work 12 days in a row for 2 days off, regardless whats advertised. Management.
I was contacted about a position by 3 seperate managers who took my details and said I had the job and would be starting asap weeks and months went by constantly calling and the same thing was said youll start asap filled out loads of forms , bank details , vetting everything and its pretty obvious they are just stringing people along until someone leaves so they have staff lined up...joke
Cons
I worked for this company for two weeks, one week spent training and the second week in the office in Galway. The training was professional. The second week proved a disaster. The office under the current covid circumstances last month July was the size of a small box room, with no open window or protective screen. This was the problem: - No social distancing - Sitting either in the corner of the office or on the same desk as the business manager. - I was asked to leave the room every-time the someone came or the business manager had a meeting. Which was several times per day. (I understand privacy and respect it but any work I tried to do was interrupted) - I found it impossible to try and get some work done and when I did, I had to either be face to face on the same desk as my manager, or be in the corner as she wanted social distancing with a laptop on my knee with no neck support. It was like I was a problem and taking up space. - The one day I worked at the desk with the manager I was told the next day. That practicing unsafe office procedures was happening and that all touch points must at least be cleaned, I did as I was told , but I had no where else to do my work so How could I social distance? - On my last day I was so stressed with the whole situation as I had left another job to join the noonan team that I could not get all the work due to the conditions. The manager said ''Its all turned bad for you today, Im sending you for retraining''. This was the point of breaking and I walked out that door. The job would have worked if I was treated with some - more...
Pros
Cons
Stressful and not a good opportunity
Supportive work force and generous pay. Really enjoyed working for the company. Shift times were fair and we were able to swap if needed. Generous lunch hours
Pros
Double pay on bank holiday
Cons
N/a
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bidvest Noonan?
It's a good Company to work for. People are nice. They are very respectful. Contact is easy. Usually, they answer the same day. The manager is always available.
its not about what you know its about WHO you know...If you are not a friend of supervisor/site manager you will get less respect and more work to do than other staff...thats a discrimination actually..the staff turnover is very high and that speaks volumes :) you can be moved from site to site whenever they need you. just dont go there if you love yourself and dont want to be treated unfairly
Pros
Cons
rude supervisors and managers
I work in cleaning by 5 yars for noonan company, I have experience in all types of cleaning , bufer, scrob , bomb machine , machin T3 etc etc I like work in team and alone I adapt very quickly to every situation
Pros
Very team
Cons
We are paid a small amount for the hard work we do
I was there for 3 months thought it was brilliant I'd a brilliant manger who done everything he could for me the only thing I didn't like was there was too many mangers on the site telling me what to do if it's full time stay with them part time isn't worth it as you get paid bi-weekly
Pros
Exclent mangment overtime pay and Sunday allowance
Cons
Long hard hours alone and site mangers can be anoying
where to start, very bad place to work didnt get paid for travel they said i would, very hard to get a answer on the phone and roster is made up day by day.
Pros
Cons
silly company
I would not recommend starting your employment with Bidvest Noonan (specifically in the UL Hospital). The job itself is not that bad; however, the people working at managerial positions make the job just simply..not worth it!
eu amei trabalhar na noonan pois lá tem varios estrangeiros tambem que eu sempre conversava bastante para melhorar o meu inglês e com certeza me ajudou muito nesse progresso, otimas amizades ate hoje.
Been working for noonan security for over two years now, on a site and the mangers have a had time keeping staff. due to the workload. and bad pay. security never properly trained to do the job. plus the staff toilet has taking a hammering over the past year. i personally can deal with the lack of training from the mangers for the new staff. but it would be nice if they even gave their staff basic potty training. as we have had to have the floor reinforced around the toilet.
Pros
free toilet roll
Cons
went the toilet roll runs out
Not organised company at all as they have lack of staff, your called in on your days off, problems with payments count your hours and need to keep at them to get ypur site allowance if allocated in different locations. Management are sound cant say a bad word just lack of organisation and staff
Pros
Good manager if need day off they can change around
Cons
Very short notice cant balance your life with work as called in very often
Good work environment Colleagues and superiors are always ready to provide assistance. It has to be fast and detailed. Precision and personal engagement in the allocation of priority tasks are sought. Correct attitude of all employees and clients.
Pros
Cons
Insufficiently organized
Local muito bom de trabalho. Equipe muito boa e gerente bem tranquila.
I am working for Noonan in Regeneron. The working place its ok, people from work are ok but management are really bad. Especially senior supervisor, who has group of people who is allowed everything. They can take holidays when they want to. They have better positions and some of them have better rates. People are not treated equally.
  1. Employee reviews