Bidvest Noonan

Bidvest Noonan Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Security Officer8 reviews
Ireland8 reviews
I work within the retail security sector which can be a bit hard at times. You’re constantly on the lookout for potential thieves, some sites can be harder than others, always scolding customers for doing something that they shouldn’t, can have problems with teenagers etc. Gardai don’t seem to care if you need them, store managers can be awful. Don’t ever expect help from anyone higher up i.e. managers etc as they don't want to know about it, but they'll be quick enough phoning you if they need something (there's an English guy in the Dublin control room who is quite sound very nice guy).
It's a good Company to work for.
People are nice. They are very respectful. Contact is easy. Usually, they answer the same day. The manager is always available.
I was there for 3 months thought it was brilliant I'd a brilliant manger who done everything he could for me the only thing I didn't like was there was too many mangers on the site telling me what to do if it's full time stay with them part time isn't worth it as you get paid bi-weekly
Pros
Exclent mangment overtime pay and Sunday allowance
Cons
Long hard hours alone and site mangers can be anoying
where to start, very bad place to work didnt get paid for travel they said i would, very hard to get a answer on the phone and roster is made up day by day.
Pros
Cons
silly company
Wouldn’t recommend any one working here, I phoned the office in Dublin to sort some paper work with my social as i work only 14 hours a week they keep transferring from one to other in the end I was talking to one girl she thinks shes god..guys honest advise stay away from them.
I was hired on with promise of full time hours, which lasted a few weeks. Then for just over a year I was screwed around every week. Holiday pay not paid, my hours disappeared off of my roster. My manager would lie about lack of hours, yet I`d hear back that he`s looking for more people. The sites I worked on were disgusting, staff members leaving fecal matter all over the staff bathroom, the smell in the office. I can`t even begin to describe it. People who slept, and even drank on the job were getting proper hours, yet myself and several others who worked hard were constantly being screwed over. Several times I`d make the journey to work, only to find someone else had been put in my place a few minutes before, and I would have to return home, 12 hours of work taken from me.
Pros
Extra 3 euro an hour on Sundays
Cons
Management, staff, everything. Disgraceful
I enjoy working for Noonan's and they treat their workers very well. They provide very good training and all employee entitlements are provided. I would love to be working full-time with Noonans.
Cons
I was responsible for security checks and patrols.
I wrote reports.

Used radio networks.

Customer service and helping the public.

Communications used all the time.

Used CCTV.

My team and supervisor were excellent tutors in security.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with undesirables at times.

I really enjoyed the fact you could do a bit of everything to help not make the job seem repetitive.
Pros
The co-workers and managers.