Bidvest Noonan

Bidvest Noonan Employee Reviews

Ireland72 reviews
The management in noonans is like something you’d see in a ww2 documentary in how they act. They get joy out of being mean and going to them with a problem is like talking to the wall
Pros
Good money I suppose
Cons
No equipment to clean, people hide equipment
I was hired on with promise of full time hours, which lasted a few weeks. Then for just over a year I was screwed around every week. Holiday pay not paid, my hours disappeared off of my roster. My manager would lie about lack of hours, yet I`d hear back that he`s looking for more people. The sites I worked on were disgusting, staff members leaving fecal matter all over the staff bathroom, the smell in the office. I can`t even begin to describe it. People who slept, and even drank on the job were getting proper hours, yet myself and several others who worked hard were constantly being screwed over. Several times I`d make the journey to work, only to find someone else had been put in my place a few minutes before, and I would have to return home, 12 hours of work taken from me.
Pros
Extra 3 euro an hour on Sundays
Cons
Management, staff, everything. Disgraceful
Nice people to work with.
Team work. work mate in all place the sent you to work.

Good management and the listern ther workers.

I can say I enjoy to work with them
Cons
I would not recommend working with Noonan in Castlebar's. Over 5 years of working at this location and I received nothing but disgusting treatment from new management. When I first began working at the company it was great and the benefits were excellent, however, in recent months I found the work unbearable, receiving no thanks for anything, only constant criticism. We would be expected to carry out incomprehensible amounts of work with very poor breaks. Overall I felt completely on edge while working in Noonan's in recent months owing completely to the management as the hospital itself is a nice environment with friendly people, unfortunately, this cannot be related to the employer. It has been a terrible experience, not to mention the high workload and physical nature of the position
Pros
The hospital has a nice atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, Long hours, Terrible management, Almost abusive language
A typical Day at work would be cleaning in Clean Rooms at Intel factory. I got experience of working in a clean room environment with some confined space training. The workplace culture was very lively as there were a lot of people from other contractors there also. The hardest part of the job was it's location as i'm from a far distance.
Pros
meeting new people all the time
Cons
long hours bad salary
Muito boa, muito Dinâmica e uma empresa que respeita os seus funcionários da forma que deve ser feita.
was working for a short time.hardest part is long hours in student accomandations,student villages.all other is fine,free launches and coffee breaks.typical day at work starts at 8 oclock in a morning,clean up rooms all apartments and rooms .work was only in May and June.
Noonan good company .staff very frendly. Menegment good.all mashins it's new.delivery two weeks one's. Area meneger very good and friendly .I never had any problems with the Noonan! !!
Cons
All good
It's a good company to work, the salary is above of the minimum.
I work in universities and offices, the employers have a team leader. The company offers online training to the employees.
Very good management. Good relationships amongst the workers and management. Decent paycheck. Reasonable hours. the work during a typical day is not very full on as it is spaced out over the day which makes the working day somewhat easier.
Typical day begins at 8 am and finishes at 2 pm. Learned about different cultures.Managers are fair.Hardest part would be watching so many ill peope within the hospital enviornment. Most enjoyable part is meeting new people on a daily basis.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours. No chance ofadvancing.
Enjoyed working here..had my own jobs. Great working In a team...jus generally got on with my work
Had my own responsibility that I could handle n happily get on with no bother...
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Various hours
I always work positively in a way that my work is a part of my life . like my family , it gives me joy and happiness . i have no problem with my colleague .we have a good rapport and also to my manager .
Started working with Noonan in September of 2015 in the building services department. Very nice, helpful work colleagues. Was working long hours due to promises of a raise. Starting early/taking short lunch breaks while working for very little wages. Of course I did not mind this what so ever because i could see Noonan was a reputable company and career progression seemed to be happening for employees within the office. With the promise that the long hours worked on minimum wage would benefit me in the long run i continued with this routine for about 8/9 months.When it came to time for a discussion with management about this promised wage increase it was stated that my position was been terminated. A bit shocked and frustrated i was offered a junior position within the company. Clearly been taken advantage of for the guts of a year within this company with management and their false promises i declined their offer. Clearly this was something i felt HR should have known about this but for some reason my emails never got replied to? I would hate to see this type of treatment happening within any company but i am sure it is happening. Hopefully people wont believe the same lies as i did while working for practically minimum wage while trying to pay rent in Dublin. on the plus side i did meet some of the nicest work friends over the 11 months with the company. Pity i could not say the same about some of the management personal.still a lot of questions i would have for management to clear things up.
Cons
see above
It is a very good company with poor management skills. Employees have problems with wages, missing hours and It is a nightmare to sort out. Sometimes SIPTU has to be involved.

Absolutely NO support from managers. Lack of communication, lack of staff to cover sickness or annual leave, lack of tools to execute your work properly and lots of demands.

Very stressful work and career progression based on friendship and family referal.
Cons
My review says everything
I enjoy working for Noonan's and they treat their workers very well. They provide very good training and all employee entitlements are provided. I would love to be working full-time with Noonans.
Cons
Had to pay for uniform. Bit of travelling from site to site. Overall they weren't to bad to work for as security companies go. Colleagues were a nice bunch.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Each morning I was checking the BMS (Building Management System) which was monitoring the whole building including pumps, pressure, generators and temperatures. If anything was not in order I was assessing if the problem can be fixed on the spot by me. If not I was contacting with the appropriate maintains company. After that I was checking the Plant rooms to physically check if everything is in order. Then I was doing some cleaning around the block offices, checking the CCTV cameras. I was also programing swipe cards for the visitors or fobs for the office workers. If there was any problem in the offices for example broken light bulb I was attending it. I was reliving two security officers, who were sitting at the front desks for over three hours daily. Or sometimes covering the whole shifts (12h) in reception. While working in reception I was answering phone calls, checking visitors, handling visitors swipe cards, directing, and delivering mail or packages to the offices. I learned to react quickly and adequately to problems also talking to variety of people gave me experience and confidence that I can communicate well with other people. I had a very good relationship with my co-workers, we all were treating each other’s with respect and knew that we can count on each other. The hardest part of the job were the days that everything run smoothly. As 12h is a long shift and sometimes when there were no problems in the building or around it, and also not many visitors the boredom was unbearable. On the other hand days like that were few, and I must say that the variety of tasks - more...
i have learned hard working when i was working in Noonan.
i would like to work any where in dublin, part time or any cover . i will be appriciate that you give me a full time job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
-Cleaning of live services and fibre optics
-How fragile these areas can be

-Poor communication between management and staff

-Friendly and easy to build relationships with co-workers

-Obtaining instructions from onsite supervisors

-Job completed to client's expectations
Working at Noonan is really fun, we have a fantastic group of hard working people, I really enjoying working for Noonan, Every single day brings up new challenges which allows us to work as a team and accomplish all challenges.