BLARNEY WOOLLEN MILLS

BLARNEY WOOLLEN MILLS Employee Reviews

very nice manager
Job in this place is not Easy .like in ich order hotels on housekeeping but management is very firendly,nice and honesty.They try make for us this work as Easy as they can.Like no stress no big rush like my expirience at other hotel.
Good benefits, great management team, fast paced most days especially in summer time, and Christmas time but salary always good and holidays more than make up the hard work you put in.
Fun workplace
during my time at blarney woollenmills i helped to create a wonderful and magical experience for the children visiting santa. i learned a lot about myself and learned to appreciate my own situation more as those who had a tough life taking care of others
Great Workplace
It is a great company to work for. You are given plenty opportunities to work on your own initiative and to step up to the mark on very busy days when working against the clock.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Good work place
Fun work environment with a great team behind management. Meeting different nationality can be challenging and rewording. Each staff member are there to help one another and a great friendship can be made.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
busy days
Overworked and Undervalued
Little or no Organisation to the way work was dished out for the warehouse staff and we were constantly snowed under with work.
Pros
It was near home
Cons
Long hours, Treated Badly
Fun and rewarding workplace
Attending to families, taking appointments, till work, dealing with enquiries, working long hours as a part of a team.
Pros
Teamwork
Fun workplace
I had a part time job in Santa Land where I learnt how to interact with customers and work in a team environment at the busy Christmas season over a two year period. This included meeting with the customer demands quickly and organising queues of people and their children that were visiting Santa.
Pros
I got to make people smile.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BLARNEY WOOLLEN MILLS?
Quickpaced, fun
A typical day at work consisted of me cleaning shelves, helping customers, wrapping presents, polishing crystal, sweeping, mopping, pricing stock and placing it on shelves, I also arranged seasonal decorations in shop windows and on stairs.
I learned that in order to get a job done you need to concentrate. You need to keep a balance between customers and stock. I learned not to get too caught up in a job and forget about other jobs such as keeping an eye on the till or daily tasks.

I often worked in Farrell and Brown and the Women's clothes section, I enjoyed working with clothes.

My co-workers were always very busy as it was a busy shop, I often assisted them if they were stuck and needed something from the store room.

The hardest part of my job was managing college work, babysitting and this job which had long hours. I have more free time now however as my course is not that demanding and I no longer babysit.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working at Christmas, assisting customers with choosing a product. I also liked working with a broad range of people.
Pros
Long Lunches, kept busy on shop floor
working with great staff
working in blarney its obviously a great opportunity to meet many tourist,working with hard working and excellent staff,not really best managament which probably could be one of the issues
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BLARNEY WOOLLEN MILLS. Our community is ready to answer.
BLARNEY WOOLLEN MILLS Reviews by Job Title