Bluebird Care

Bluebird Care Employee Reviews

Home care is really rewarding and lovely area of nursing. Customers and their families really make you feel that your work is appreciated and worthwhile
Pros
Company car
Cons
No days off, contract not respected
Total disorganised and some awful disrespect for staff and constantly talking bad things about staff. Its just a toxic place to work. Staff smile but behind they are so unhappy. Don't touch this company
Pros
You get paid
Cons
A long list. Horrible management
A great company too work for,always there if you need any advice on a situation, great service and good quality for anything the clients need or wants
Pros
It is just down the road from my home
Cons
Very Rewarding position and very professionally organised. Really liked working for bluebird care as a team. Very supportive management and supervisory framework. Dedication to detail and training was a key focus. Highly recommend this care company as an employee.
Good management and fast feedback to request. Always ready to help even in personal situations. Organised and prepared for future events and unexpected situations.
Place were very stressful , did not pay in time, worked there as a carer, avoid this company if its possible. Lots of other company are on the market go there. Avoid avoid avoid
Pros
Ok salary
Cons
Stressful, disaster management
Working with bluebird for over 3years, it has give me more experience. They provide necessary training to the staff. The management has listening hear. Flexible working hours. I choose the day that I want to work.
Pros
Cons
Short hours
Management are sometimes slow, confused , the company grow too fast and they forgot to Be employee centered, however the salary is fair good enough...mixed up the shifts poor organisation skills...
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Shifts are mixed up not enough support
Worst experience of my life, I genuinely have a passion for caring for people but this place doesn't. Money is their main concern, they don't care where they send you and don't care if the person is looked after once the money is coming in. I was verbally abused over the phone because I could not do hours for them at extremely short notice. Went out of my way for 2 years for this lot and nothing in return. Always a dispute with wages. I only stay ed for so long because of the great relationship with my clients. In the end I received medical treatment and have been taking anxiety tablets since. So glad to be out of it. I work for a new company now and it has been the happiest 3 years of my life. The respect given to caters took me a while to get used to. I would not put bluebird in the care of a goldfish
Pros
Clients
Cons
I'm an experienced healthcare worker but this is the worst company I've ever worked for, it really affected my mental health working in Sligo. I left. Your salary is rarely correct, high turnover of office staff and HCA's moral is low. This agency/owner is purely about profit.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
It's all about profit and cutting corners.
Bluebird Care overwork and underpay their employees. They are not understanding. They don’t care about their staff only about making profits. Would not recommend.
Company dont have enough work for staff. Wages very poor and cost of going from A to B is very expensive. Not enough time at some calls. Office staff ok.
A good health care service provider to work with. Essential to maintain good communication skills with the office to continue with, increase or decrease hours as necessary and to allow for effective administration of client need. Continuous professional development is encouraged.
I have never actually got paid from Bluebird care while i was there as i was only doing work experience//shadowing, but overall it was a great experience working with the staff and patients.
Goods services and the staff are friendly and easy going can work with them give you hours according to your ability holiday pay good environment at the work place
Pros
Free training
Cons
Many care workers
Is a good place to work but you will not guarantee hours every day, the good part of it is that you meet lovely people every day , someday maybe challenging but you have to deal with it as it comes.
Pros
you cater for your lunch
Cons
no hours
I wouldn't work for them ever again they recruit where your living . No milege and you pay for everything including all your expenses such as petropl and uniform .Nothing is free with them and they don't even give you a certificate when you have completed any training with them .They might give you a photo copy but you have to pay for it . Poor hours and very little support I only lasted a few months after crying out for more hours I got nothing . Yoour not supposed to text the emergency phone when your out on a call and you have to wait till Monday to get anyone out in the office . You get more on the dole than being with these lads .
Pros
the clients
Cons
un regular hours
Nice job, great clients. Alot of driving, and on long days you have to work a split shift. You have to work every second weekend. You don't get mileage. Calls can be cancelled on you and then you don't get paid. Your work hours can go up and down , your wages keep changing.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long days are too long. 8am-10.30pm.
Best Group to work in, the management is very friendly, and understanding. management and staff always work as a team schedules always come out on time there is always overtime available for those that want the co workers are excellent and well cultured everyday is a world of experience
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sandwitches
I applied for work with Bluebird Care Company in South Dublin, Ireland. Staff and management were lovely at first. I have no qualifications in the care industry and had no experience with personal care or caring for the elderly, so they set me up on a 2 hour unpaid shift to shadow one of their workers. I was thrown in at the deep end immediately doing calls on my own but I managed fine. I was worked for 21 days in a row. I asked for one day off over this period and I gave them a week's notice of the day off and at first they said that was fine, but the day before my intended day off I was told I had to work so had to cancel my plans. I rang the office telling them that working 7 days a week was too much and I need at least one day off a week. They replied saying they would see what they could do, but my ensuing rota's were all for 7 days a week. It got to the point where I was so over worked I had to tell them I wanted to leave the company. The manager told me I had to give 3 weeks notice. However no contract was signed so legally I had every right to leave on that day and not give any notice, because if a person is employed for under 13 weeks no notice is required. As soon as I said I wanted to leave the company every phone call with the manager and the girls in the office got very agressive. I fully intended on leaving on good terms but the girls in the office made that impossible. The manager also refused to take my calls or call me back. I ended up giving 9 days notice which I didn't need to I just didn't want to leave the elderly people I cared for with no-one to - more...
Pros
Take staff on with no qualifications
Cons
Take advantage of staff, overwork staff, unorganised management
working with people is always a great experience. this was a fantastic opportunity to expand my skills. lots of time spent on the road.
  1. Employee reviews