Bluebird Care

Bluebird Care Employee Reviews

Ireland53 reviews

Chance to work with different range on clients

It’s a great chance to work with clients with different necessities (elderly, intelectual and physical disabilities, special need kids). It is good because if some reason you don’t adapt to a type of situation, they’ll do their best to train you or move in to a different place. Plenty of hours available for those who want to make extra money.

Pros

Plenty of hours available, different range of clients, you work the hours you want

Cons

Long notice to have day off or holidays, no sick payment or insurance

Was run very badly at the time by Managing director

I loved my job as a carer and most of my clients were wonderful. Management at the time were desperate. Under new management now and from what I hear its much better. My experience was awful.

Dublin west office a shambles to work for

The ceos of this office think there the bill Gates of the homecare industry,Inexperienced operations management and supervisors,Only carers promoted to the office, experienced office staff pushed aside.Office staff who have family members working as care assistants treated differently to other carers, no fairness!Constantly feel like your under investigation in this company!Management unskilled, really need experience on what a complaint is and what a query is,Will have you do all the work until a hca gets promoted to the office then will ease you out and terminate contracts,No work life balance constantly expected to be working.

The job are not to bad

Bluebirds don't have much workings hours and expensive for driving is too much for the care.i think the hour's should be like 2 to 3 hour's per person not 1hours houses.

Unproductive place to work

Bad salary, lack of support and no training. No management . You have to stay on disposition of their roster. Lack of training for the new healthcare assistant.

Bluebird care is a great company to work for. All management are lovely people to joke with. I enjoyed my time with bluebird. They were always far and caring for their employees.

Good

Good working place, working in the community is quite interesting, ability to select working days (flexibility). Very good manager too, would recommend Bluebird Care Dundalk.

Lonely Employment

There was no onsiite training Often given an address to go to to care for a person, there wouldn't be a care plan or folder. There was no introduction of the client from.management to staff. Just the carer to rock up themselves.No progression ladder within.Office staff changed regularly it was so difficult to know who to speak with.

Rewarding

It’s a rewarding but difficult job. The pay for petrol is very bad and you use a lot of it driving from house to house. Last minute scheduling means making plans is extremely difficult

To start with you may be based locally to your home. Over time you may be expected to travel further afield.

Great work colleagues, lovely residents, Shifts can be long at times. To start with you have little hours and then build up a client base.Some staff were offered a 40hr contract, with a fixed salary.During my time no sick pay was available.

Great colleagues

In general good place to work. Staff lovely. Manager is approachable and a lady to deal with .Only neg I can see is you cannot plan anything for off time or off weekends as high chance you will be called to work.Only company that pay fuel allowance but with current fuel costs its not easy

Pros

Great clients .fantastic colleagues. Nice Manager

Cons

Inability to plan for anything with family

Ok to work for. Salary needs to improve

You can work on your own routine, work is ok general care of clients, pay can improve definitely. Management are organised and do take issues into account. Overall it's a good place to start out with if new to the industry. However pay is low. And paid per fortnight

Pros

Work according to your own routine

Cons

Pay can improve

Caring for the elderly has its rewards

While the work is demanding the reward is good. Loved looking after those in need in their own homes. The rate of pay is poor but is similar with all care companies, the HSE really need to get a handle on pay or else this state will not progress out of a critical care situation on all levels. They need to attract more people to the role by offering proper pay.

Pros

The clients

Cons

Unfortunately the pay.

Stay away, worse 2 years if my life, only stayed for my clients

You will seriously need therapy after working here, they break you down. The best part of this job was leaving. Found another job no problem. Stay away

Pros

Non

Cons

A great company to work for.

I love working for bluebird care. I think the office staff are lovely and very understanding sometimes it can be hectic with lack of staff but if you are unavailable you do not have to work extra hours. There always is more hours for me if I want them. they try and accommodate your availability as much as they can which I love. I can’t fault them at all The job itself can be difficult, but very rewarding I love my job and I love my customers they become like family.I have been out sick and the company have been very understanding and it’s good to know my job is waiting on me when I am back.

Pros

Rewarding job, Choose your own availability, Nice office staff, Rewards such as carer of the month and Xmas refer a friend scheme.

Cons

The pay is not great for the work we do.

Good standards, good support, caring management

I have worked for Bluebird Care LRW for 2 years now. I find the work interesting and rewarding. I love to go the extra mile for my clients and they are so very grateful that our input allows them to continue living in their own homes instead of the dreaded alternative of residential care. They have a great team of dedicated carers and the management are supportive and professional. Standards are high and all staff are provided with certified training in care of the elderly.

Pros

Decent mileage rates, Flexible hours to suit individual lifestyles and availability, Part and full time work available.

Cons

Can be long hours Can be long distances between clients in very rural areas.

Very personal and hands on

Meeting new people, learning new skills & knowledge, different cultures. Good to chat to people and learn about their lives. Making strong connections to those you care for and feeling good that you are making a difference to their life.

Pros

Work on your own schedule

Cons

Weekend work

Overall experience

High staff overturn, management extremely stressful and lacking understanding. Not suitable for anyone who has kids. Ridiculous and outrageous distances between calls. Staff expect you not to have a life even on your days off. They expect you to continously say yes and be at their beck an call whilst not being understanding that a person get tired.. if you work for them be prepared to be extremely over worked and underpaid!!!

Pros

Not applicable

Cons

Ridiculous hours, outrageous distances to travel between calls.

Poor All Around

Poor pay for hard work. Lack of support from management. Hours are crazy with no thanks or appreciation. Its lovely to work in homecare but this company falls down in respect of their attitude towards employees.

Pros

Home care enviroment

Cons

Long hours under paid no support

Prefer no say as it was very disappointing in all wsys

I've just said already, it was very stressful, disappointingly , none of their promises haven't been provided , very poor service and payments terribly 😢

Pros

Nothing like that

Cons

No ways

Hard work

Split shift didn't really suit my life. Clients were lovely but I always felt they were more deserving than the half hour allocated. The minimum wage of €10.10 was a bit of a sickner to be honest. Only paid for on site , no allowance paid for travel to calls so you could actually be at work for three hours and only get paid for half that. Very poor travel rate for using your own car. Management were OK to deal with but seriously need to provide better conditions for their workers.

Pros

It's a start as a Health Care Assistant

Cons

Poor pay with very little job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluebird Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement