BNY Mellon
Coronavirus update
Information from BNY Mellon:

BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Ireland32 reviews
Higher management is naive about certain things. As with any other organization there is a problem where talented people do not get recognized and I have seen a lot of talented people leave the organization.
Corporate Trust within BNY is a very disorganised, chaotic place to work. The relationship with offshore teams with which we work every day is severely strained and makes our daily tasks much harder. Our deadlines would often be missed due to this with no support from management, as they had little understanding of our everyday role. AVOID!!
Pros
health insurance (needed!)
Cons
stress, low salary, no work life balance, no support from management on issues
I worked there for one week. Because of the pandemic there were a few people but everyone was extremely nice. They don't hesitate to help you if you are struggling with something and they are really cheerful too. It was an honour work for them :)
Quite repetitive jobs to be done but with a scope of growth.
Work Place culture was good and one need to pay lot of attention to details. Located in city centre
A lot of politics and pay is very very basic for the skills that you have. You need to leave and come back if you want to pretend you are on any sort of decent wage to get what you need
Bny is a fun place to work but avoid if you want to progress in your career. If not close with mamagement then you will not do well. Pay is minimum and increases are tiny. Work is repetitive with no training provided. Avoid!
Pros
Health insurance. Pension plan.
Cons
Pay. Progression. Boring work
A good primer into banking and learning about all aspects of the business is strongly encouraged.
Colleagues are always helpful when you get a difficult case, and socialise outside work hours
Pros
Central location
I enjoy working in BNY mellon due to the work itself being mentally challenging - which I find is great brain stimulation.
The management is biased and there is a lot of favouritism involved which is noted across the board.

You live to work sums it up pretty well - supervisors and managers do not receive overtime payment and administration do even though the hours which are worked are a lot more than your average 35-40 hours a week!

The culture is good and there is a lot of activities which you can take part of which does relieve a lot of stress and helps build a relationship with other colleagues.

Benefits such as health insurance are fantastic and highly commendable!

An okay place to work, a great starting point to get your foot in the industry.

Systems need a serious update!
Pros
Health insurance, challenging work, great progression opportunities
Cons
Long hours, not a great work/life balance, biased managers.
not focusing on retaining staff. Salary below market. Management stay in the same position several years with no moment. No direct promotion. Merit not recognised
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BNY Mellon?
Good company. Lots of redundancies though as focus is on transferring roles to lower cost locations. Few opportunities to transfer to other departments
Pros;
City Centre

Good for contract employment

The people are generally great to work with great individuals and team players

Average across the board benefits

Cons;

Salary is awful

Bonuses and adequate wage reviews don't exist

Outsourcing much business imminently

You are just a number

Management don't possess basic leadership abilities

Unbelievably bad and Inadequate planning for unforeseen events
Pros
Short-term experience
Never seen so many rude and very jealous women in one place, even some of them were pregnant. If you are attractive and intelligent women,try to avoid Dublin office at Guildhose st. you would not be welcomed at all.
I worked with great people and clients and I learned so much from each person I worked with. The hours could be long however my manager always appreciated it
Pros
Great people
Cons
BNY is a great place to work, staff there are extremely friendly, everyone is very polished and professional, the only downfalls of BNY Mellon is the salary, advancement and job security.
Company offers a great work life balance
they are paying below market average wages

Alot of pressure to excel with no reward

Training is extremely poor
Pros
25 days annual leave
Cons
High Job stress
It's ok to work there, probably one team is different from another. Work conditions are quite good, just overtime is required. Management is good, but they do not have time actually to manage
I found BNY Mellon a great place to work. The culture was conducive to a great work life balance while still ensuring that the job was done in a timely manner. Management were proactive in ensuring that employees could explore all avenues in terms of career advancement.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Commute.
Work load is manageable, working hours are good. A lot of events aimed at staff motivation and inclusion which is nice. However I feel senior management only view staff as numbers and not people and decisions are made that affect us with no prior discussion.
not recommended for good pay, staff are nice but management are clueless , in my team were 4 managers, 6 supervisors and only 4 processing staff? one good manager would suffice
Pros
free parking
Cons
management
• Scanning of documentation including books, newspapers and photographs
• Archiving to online software

• Producing a record locater for each document archived.

• Archiving of scanned documents into boxes, and prepare for archived boxes to be taken off site for storage.

• Reviewing scanned documents online, adding identifier tags, editor notes and formatting
tres bonne experience back et middle office
gestion alternative contact client