Boojum

Boojum Employee Reviews

Ireland21 reviews

Fast paced and stressful, but they don’t care

The job is incredibly stressful, I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone who struggles with any issues. I have severe anxiety and management just don’t care. It’s hard work with sometimes 12 hour shifts and no where to take a break as there’s no staff room, I’ve seen multiple times people eat their lunch in the tiny staff toilet that’s packed with lockers and crates! Obviously there’s some good about Boojum too but it just does not outweigh the bad and the stressful and for 10.20 an hour it is just not worth it.

Pros

Free lunches, free meal when you’re not working. Some people are sound enough. Allowed tattoos, piercings, dyed hair etc.

Cons

Long hours, guilted into staying later than rostered, mentally draining. Minimum wage and not worth it.

Fast paced, fun but stressful at times. Made friends for life

I worked there for 2 years and made friends for life. Brilliant training and I gained valuable knowledge of the service industry, health and safety regulations etc. If you want to learn boojum will invest time in you. The only reason I left was because the hours didn't suit my lifestyle anymore but I still miss it now and again because of how fun and rewarding it was.

Pros

Free meals on your shift, excellent training and such a good buzz on busy shifts

Cons

Late evenings which comes with the service industry territory

Insights into Boojum

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Great culture

Fun place to work, great staff, good work life balance, min wage at entry level but opportunities to progress if you want to. Very busy day to day

Pros

Free food

waist of time

I worked in Boojum as a chef for more than a year. Everything is bagged and you just need to reheat. Not special skills needed. If you want to learn something don't work here.

Pros

never miss a paycheck

Cons

meet good people

Great place to gain work experience within a group and to maximise management skills.

Boojum is a great place to work and have a life also. You meet great people and make new friends. Its super fast paced and stressful at times but good work and dedication brings lots of benefits and target reaching rewarded on a daily basis.

Pros

Free lunch, lots of opportunity to grow and lifelong friendships made.

Cons

Long hours and unstable schedules

Production kitchen staff

Production kitchen Finglas late shift. Salary is very low, so there is always someone missing. No respect for employees. Finally, problems with adequate supplies and the technical condition of equipment needed to perform tasks. Greedy company savings on everything at the expense of employees.

environment very pleasant to work

I could learn a lot in the company since the basic tasks to managering duties. Multicultural, eco and young company.Very recommended.

Avoid if you have any experience

Place that will take soul out of you. Constant pressure with extremely low labour budget. Store Manager’s salary good however or other positions at very low market levels. If you have at least few months of experience in hospitality avoid at any cost as there is nothing you will learn. Very poor and under qualified Operations Team.

Fast paced, constantly under pressue

I enjoyed learning about the food and how to make it efficiently and quickly , however , it was extremely fast paced and the wages were very low for the work involved. I was living in Dublin at the time and eventually had to leave because the wages were not enough to keep me afloat.

Pros

Free lunches, nice people

Cons

long hours, low pay

Busy

It was grand, a bit strict, learnt how to make a burrito. The hardest part is flipping the burrito and the people are nice. The most enjoyable part was eating a burrito everyday.

Great work environment

Good place to work while you're studying, they are willing to accommodate your shifts to work with your school schedule. It's fun to work with the majority of the staff, managers included.

Productive and fun place

fun staff, nice place to work, easy to enjoy. deal with customers can be the hardest thing but at the same time very enjoyable. you can do multiple things.

Not great

Not a nice place to work overall.. hard and stressful work and hours are unfairly distributed. Massive issue in there is favouritism and it affects the other staff members a lot. Free food on shift is the only advantage

Productive and fun place to work

Relaxed work atmosphere, with excellent training and lovely colleagues. Does get very busy at times, but there are structures put in place to manage and keep things running smoothly.

Stressful but fun

Hard place to work, but with a strong team it made it easier. Upper management have a great way of acting as though they care about overworked employees but will continue to overwork and limit staff size to keep as much profits.

Fun place to work for

A typical day at work is a combination of fun and being busy. Management, however, is not qualified to do the job they do. Culture is beautiful but they're still stuck at giving employees the bare minimum wage!

Pros

Free lunches and drinks

Cons

Dirty politics

Great

I enjoyed every singe day working in Boojum even the hard times

Pros

team

Friendly and fun place to work

The team is exceptional. The management is very supportive. There I learnt a lot about perfect customer service, working with a team, working in very busy stressful hours and multitask under pressure.

Pros

Free burritos

product development

I worked in the production kitchens alongside boojums excellent team of chefs. I learned the behind the scenes responsibilities such as traceability, quality control and also suppliers control. The hardest part of the job was definitely the traceability and the most enjoyable part was the product development.

Produtive and work place

A good place for worked, you can learn a lot with a friendly people, the place is clean and safe, there you can meeting a new friends and have a good time with them

Productive and Relaxed

A typical Day and Boojum was to open the shop and 11:30am and Then the lunch rush would start. the jobs was a very fast paced environment but it was always a fun place to come and work. The Customer service standards are always keep to the highest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boojum. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement