Boots UK

Boots UK Employee Reviews

Productive and extremely busy
Working in boots pharmacy is an extremely busy place all year round. You are constantly helping customers seek their desired products, based on their symptoms or their preferred medication, relating to their history; As well as general desired items based on their given information. Although it is a fast paced environment and is excellent for those who like to challenge themselves, it often leaves no room for those who prefer time for social life.
Relaxed environment
I found Boots allowed me to approach customers in my own relaxed way instead of giving out scripts of exactly what to do. This made me develop my own unique way of talking to each customer and my interactions with customers benefitted from it.
Worst place to ever work.
Bad management. Management are bullies. In boots when management are being reviewed they act so nice, once the management reviews are over they go back to being bullies. I have never worked in such a bad company before. The management have staff in tears a lot. Even ladies that have worked there for years will be made to feel useless at reviews and are left in tears. They have no loyalty to the staff.
Unprofessional
Manager is like a big child and is afraid to talk to anybody so he gets his line managers to do it for him and line managers do not talk or communicate with one another and walk around drinking coffee and being on there phones 24/7 the staff are the people that run the place and they were the best people you would ever meet
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Hours are stupid
Had a very positive experience
For my school's two week work experience I worked as a sales assistant in Boots. Although it was only two weeks I had a positive experience and learned a lot about what it takes to work in a pharmacy. It also helped improve my social skills by helping both the customers and employees.
Overall a good place to work
A good place to work, friendly staff nice customers. Varied work to do Day to day. Management is nice to deal with and they will allow you to upskill and move up the ladder
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unrealistic work load and targets when understaffed
Fun workplacement to work
They were very helpful throughout every job I had to do there when it was my time to work their. if their was an important message to do I would do what they told me to do
Pros
Left go home early
Cons
Management are always undrr pressure and take it out on staff
Money good, staff discount ok 22.5% off boots own brand. 12.5% off all else. Cashing up procedure is a joke especially at Christmas. Newbridge management in Kildare is really inefficient. Favouritism is rife
Pros
Ordinary level staff were really nice
Cons
Everything has a time pressure especially at Christmas. Staff canteen abysmal
Educational, Beneficial
Boots was a very interesting and quite challenging job, extremely beneficial for customer service skills aswell as organizational skills. Enjoyable also, very pleasant staff
Pros
Welcoming
Cons
Difficult to grasp
Fun workplace
Great 1st job,good benefits and motivators, well managed, good competitive workplace.
Good staff discount and great breaks throughout the day. easy wok hours even in busy periods
benefits
Horrific place to work
Horrendous bullying going on and not being dealt with by management , extreme interference, intimidation, extremely poor governance, generally an awfully environment to work in
Pros
Very few
Cons
Lots and generally not a nice company to work for
nice place to work
once all objectives where looked after the work was fine , very busy and a lot to get done in the allocated time frame, but all in all they where a nice company to work with .
Pros
flexibility within the job
Cons
some management treat the staff like school children
Productive workplace
The staff at Boots were welcoming and helpful. they were also very friendly and made me less nervous while working there. I felt comfortable enough with the staff that I could ask for help when I needed it.
Pros
Lunch
Was bullied in this job by management!!!
Was bullied in this job by management!!! Huge staff turnover, management absolutely horrible felt sick having to go into work every morning, the head of Boots didn't take actions any further as they would rather lose an assistant over a manager and a terrible one at that. Salary is ok for starting off, uniform is provided for free which is also good although you are worked to the ground, hard to get holidays and I've never felt so belittled and undervalued .
Pros
Free uniform, good salary, good lunch breaks
Cons
Bullies, overworked, shocking management, lack of communication, no sick pay
Job was Enjoyable, Staff were rude
This job was a work placement for school. I was In here for 2 weeks. The work in this pharmacy was enjoyable. I enjoyed working on my own with costumers and helping around the shop. The hardest part of the job was respecting co workers that were very rude to me.
Pros
good hours, working with costumers was rewarding
Cons
rude co workers
Sales assisants
Not great do other people's jobs.there all for the old staff.extra hours goes to them.there all a click.if your not in the team your forgotten about.stay well clear of the place.bad company to work for.even to get time off.even you give a months notice.first in for holidays and you book the same week.told no there's 2 in for that week so can't have it.a month later that week is available as one of the older staff dident need it after all and ur still not able to have it.if your local within a half hour to store you get all the latest.they promise you this and that when you start but you don't get anything.no training what so ever.all for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Late shifts if your local minium wage salary not great at all
Good and Busy
There was no typical day in Boots. Everyday you would always have a new issues with a different costumer. There I learned how to deal with costumers as each costumer was different. There work place culture was good as you got to meet new people all the time because the company would be hiring new staff most of the time. The hardest part was the standing up all day. The best part was helping costumers.
Pros
Meeting new staff and costumers
Cons
standing up all day
Productive and fun work place
As I did work experience there I didn’t get any wages but the manager and the employees said to me before I left my work experience that I am a very pleasant girl to work with. I got on so well with the manager and the employees they were sad to see me go.
Exciting
I learned about all the products in the shop. I helped the cutstonwra looking for presents or lokking for themselves, I really enjoyed this as I made new friends
great
best place to work great group of people and very good atmosphere the managers were great and coustomers are very friendly good pay and good benifits .
to be working again
I miss regular work as I miss the money to pay the bills and improve my quality of life so I need to be working as I am in the later parts of my life and would love to enjoy life a bit more than I am at this moment due to lack of finance

I enjoy work as and when I get work I enjoy meeting people and I miss driving a fork lift truck as well as a routine of getting up to go to work
Pros
Earnig Money
Cons
Not able to buy certain items and pay bills