Boots UK Employee Reviews

Found 84 reviews matching the search See all 3,290 reviews
Overall a good place to work
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cork23 August 2019
A good place to work, friendly staff nice customers. Varied work to do Day to day. Management is nice to deal with and they will allow you to upskill and move up the ladder
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unrealistic work load and targets when understaffed
Fun workplacement to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  City Centre Cork, County Cork29 July 2019
They were very helpful throughout every job I had to do there when it was my time to work their. if their was an important message to do I would do what they told me to do
Pros
Left go home early
Educational, Beneficial
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick18 March 2019
Boots was a very interesting and quite challenging job, extremely beneficial for customer service skills aswell as organizational skills. Enjoyable also, very pleasant staff
Pros
Welcoming
Cons
Difficult to grasp
Fun workplace
customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick3 March 2019
Great 1st job,good benefits and motivators, well managed, good competitive workplace.
Good staff discount and great breaks throughout the day. easy wok hours even in busy periods
benefits
Horrific place to work
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Ireland21 February 2019
Horrendous bullying going on and not being dealt with by management , extreme interference, intimidation, extremely poor governance, generally an awfully environment to work in
Pros
Very few
Cons
Lots and generally not a nice company to work for
nice place to work
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin10 February 2019
once all objectives where looked after the work was fine , very busy and a lot to get done in the allocated time frame, but all in all they where a nice company to work with .
Pros
flexibility within the job
Cons
some management treat the staff like school children
Productive workplace
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bandon, County Cork9 January 2019
The staff at Boots were welcoming and helpful. they were also very friendly and made me less nervous while working there. I felt comfortable enough with the staff that I could ask for help when I needed it.
Pros
Lunch
Was bullied in this job by management!!!
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork , IE13 December 2018
Was bullied in this job by management!!! Huge staff turnover, management absolutely horrible felt sick having to go into work every morning, the head of Boots didn't take actions any further as they would rather lose an assistant over a manager and a terrible one at that. Salary is ok for starting off, uniform is provided for free which is also good although you are worked to the ground, hard to get holidays and I've never felt so belittled and undervalued .
Pros
Free uniform, good salary, good lunch breaks
Cons
Bullies, overworked, shocking management, lack of communication, no sick pay
Job was Enjoyable, Staff were rude
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santry, County Dublin30 November 2018
This job was a work placement for school. I was In here for 2 weeks. The work in this pharmacy was enjoyable. I enjoyed working on my own with costumers and helping around the shop. The hardest part of the job was respecting co workers that were very rude to me.
Pros
good hours, working with costumers was rewarding
Cons
rude co workers
Sales assisants
Sales staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 March 2018
Not great do other people's jobs.there all for the old staff.extra hours goes to them.there all a click.if your not in the team your forgotten about.stay well clear of the place.bad company to work for.even to get time off.even you give a months notice.first in for holidays and you book the same week.told no there's 2 in for that week so can't have it.a month later that week is available as one of the older staff dident need it after all and ur still not able to have it.if your local within a half hour to store you get all the latest.they promise you this and that when you start but you don't get anything.no training what so ever.all for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Late shifts if your local minium wage salary not great at all
Good and Busy
Clean, help staff (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin8 January 2018
There was no typical day in Boots. Everyday you would always have a new issues with a different costumer. There I learned how to deal with costumers as each costumer was different. There work place culture was good as you got to meet new people all the time because the company would be hiring new staff most of the time. The hardest part was the standing up all day. The best part was helping costumers.
Pros
Meeting new staff and costumers
Cons
standing up all day
Productive and fun work place
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth12 December 2017
As I did work experience there I didn’t get any wages but the manager and the employees said to me before I left my work experience that I am a very pleasant girl to work with. I got on so well with the manager and the employees they were sad to see me go.
Exciting
Shop Assistant (Work experience) (Former Employee) –  Wexford29 November 2017
I learned about all the products in the shop. I helped the cutstonwra looking for presents or lokking for themselves, I really enjoyed this as I made new friends
great
store worker (Former Employee) –  Castlebar, County Mayo8 November 2017
best place to work great group of people and very good atmosphere the managers were great and coustomers are very friendly good pay and good benifits .
to be working again
Stock Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford City Centre, County Waterford22 September 2017
I miss regular work as I miss the money to pay the bills and improve my quality of life so I need to be working as I am in the later parts of my life and would love to enjoy life a bit more than I am at this moment due to lack of finance

I enjoy work as and when I get work I enjoy meeting people and I miss driving a fork lift truck as well as a routine of getting up to go to work
Pros
Earnig Money
Cons
Not able to buy certain items and pay bills
Productive and Interesting
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin21 September 2017
Everyday I looked forward to going to work with a new challenge ahead of me. I was always willing to learn new skills that would help me later on in life
Pros
Good breaks
Happy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 September 2017
This retail centre makes my shopping life a whole lot easier. I can fit myself flexibly and shop whenever I want. It has all the latest brands and I feel very welcome when I am there.
Customer Service/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 September 2017
Working as an employee of Boots thought me how deeply interested in Cosmectics I am. I was very passionate about the products and helping the customer to find the best products that would suit them.
Productive and encouraging
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare29 August 2017
Excellent place to work. Management and Staff members very helpful and encouraging. Learned new skills. Alot of different tasks each day which made working there very interesting.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
was available to work, wished there were more working hours
Work Experience
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth9 August 2017
it was for my leaving Certificate work experience
I done the Christmas stock in the warehouse
Stock shelves
Changed prices
Doing Price checks
cleaning shelves

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boots UK. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K