Bord na Mona

Bord na Mona Employee Reviews

Ireland9 reviews
Line Manager expecting results to justify existence of IT department.
All time feeling of controlling and having eyes on me, gooseflesh.

Non-relaxing surroundings.
Pros
If close to home.
Cons
Results, expectation without help, no training. Just earn and run.
Ive worked there 30 yrs and regrettably now being pushed out due to peat production ceaseation. I made lots of friends and aquantances, l learned so much about myself, peat production, and machine maintance. I enjoyed my time there and at this stage I am dissappointed to end my career with them this way.
A perfect place to do a work experience as an introduction to office work and admin work. I would definitely go back as they were so welcoming and helpful.
Good friendly place great money good hours good holiday pay lots of stuff to be done and learned met great people along the way some from all over the world
Good hours good shift rates good bunch of lads to work with but manager and supervisers reslly stricked but over all was a great experience really enjoyed it
I really liked working in Bord Na Mona it was a really good experience to see what it was like to work with a fitter in a factory fixing machines used in the production of peat, it was also a experience to work with one the biggest producers in Ireland.

got on great with my co workers and had really good fun with them while we got are work done.

I did find the early mornings hard as I was up at 6 am but I was young and could deal with it now.

I really liked fixing different machines and found it very interesting
Pros
got a dinner on a Saturday
Cons
Early starts
I really enjoyed my time spent working in Bord na Mona. Its a lovely job and the work is interesting. However it offers little or no job security unfortunately.
Pros
Staff are nice
Cons
No job security
Loved it dealing with the public everyday some say the hardest part of the job is the weather and heavy lifting i wouldnt i loved every bit of it and would love to do it for the rest of my life but that is not going to happen as the coal business is coming to a end over the Carbon Tax will miss but they no im looking for another job as i need to be working full time every man needs to be working full time
Pros
Hours were perfect
Cons
its not full time
As a tractor driver it is a very hands on job. Team work is a must as there will always be a time when you need help. It is a very tough job and patience is a virtue which is honed in this environment. As it is weather dependant everyone is given their job to do by the supervisor and this has to be done as quickly and precisely as possible. Most days I would have to work on my own initiative. It is a friendly place to work and everybody tends to get along with one another. I learned very quickly what I was expected to do and because of this I was trusted with more jobs and a supervisory role.
Pros
outdoors, easy atmosphere
Cons
very long hours.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bord na Mona?