Born Clothing

Born Clothing Employee Reviews

Ireland18 reviews
fun workplace
i liked working here, it was a nice and busy spot. All workers around the same age with the few exceptions. Loved when they had events, which were held quite regularly for example coming up to the Galway races, or its birthday etc.
Avoid
Owners have no respect or time for anyone below them. You are replaceable and they have no problem letting you think that. Every few months someone new is picked to be the 'fall guy' . It has happened to 6 people in my year of being there. You're picked on until you are forced to leave. Avoid if you can at all. There's many more opportunities that will be positive unlike this. Most of the ground staff are really nice because you're trying to support one another in a toxic work culture.
Learned a lot from a great team
I worked at Born for 2 and half years as a sales assistant. Enjoyed the work environment, was given a good level of responsibility also. Happy to have gain experience here and met so many fantastic people.
Sales Assistant / Manager when was good enough
Worked here nearly 4years .
Absoloutely loved it but everything changed when managment changed . High turnover of staff ... i went through atleast 8 store managers . I was treated very badfor a very long time i was brought to tears on many occasions and was always terrified of makin a small mistake ... please do not apply you get nowhere . Just waste time . makin yhem tge
Bullied - worst career move I made
never left a review ever before but for this I have to. They have serious problems with one team member in head office bullying staff. but as the team is so small they cant do anything about it. Hes been called on it numerous times. yet they can't get rid of him. He is the main reason i left. i lasted 6 months. another guy started with me. he lasted 2 weeks!? no benefits, no sick pay, no maternity.
you can't have a career here.
Disgusting to work for !!!Avoid!!!
- Owners constantly telling staff how they are bad at their jobs, not motivating
- Upper management will promise you the world to get you to hit targets , but then never deliver!

- Minimum wage , might see .50c rise after 4/5 years

- Since starting here 5 Co workers have left due to bullying by upper management

- Company in huge debt to suppliers making it a difficult place to work also
Pathetic
Reconsider before applying for a job!
Expected to do jobs that where way beyond my titles requirements/training I had received.

I don’t even know where to begin with the staff, higher up staff (owners, office workers and travelling Managment) care more about themselves and their pay-checks then the staff and correct running of the business. Turning a blind eye to bullying within stores as the bullies where “favourites” and “looked the part”. All around I had a horrible experience with this company
Great Company
Working with Born now for over a year.
Started as a Sales Assistant and now a supervisor.

Great place to work, great opportunities for career advancement, would highly recommend.
Terrific Work Place
Worked in Born over the Summer. Loved working there, and hoping to be back to work there again next summer.
Great job, team is lovely and management are very friendly.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Friendly & Fantastic
Worked with Born for over a year learnt so much in my time there.
Great team and manager.

Team got on great.

Would recommend born as a place to work !!
Pros
Discount
WARNING! Do not work here.
Management are absolutely horrific, bully’s is an understatement.
Overworked and underpaid for the work you’re doing.

There would be some weeks where we wouldn’t get paid on time it would be a day or two days late, and some weeks the pay would be wrong, completely unacceptable!

Still owed money from them that I haven’t seen yet.

A warning for no one to go through what myself and a few of the other girls went through
Fantastic Workplace
Great team spirit.
Good working environment.

Good staff discounts.

Busy but fun place to work.

Flexibility available when i had college exams to facilitate my studying and exams.
Horrendous
Awful place to work, management haven’t got a clue how to run the store they are highly unprofessional and have proven to be bullies. Nothing but ignorant and two faced people. no contract and expected to be in earlier than your shift without being paid. Worked as a supervisor receiving only €10 an hour while all the sales assistants were on the same pay without the title and extra workload. Favouritism is shown and overall it’s a horrible place to work I would highly suggest anyone going for a job here to look elsewhere as the company itself along with management is horrendous
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Management and above. No contact and ridiculous pay
Nightmare
Terrible workplace , management are of no help at all , management do what they please without doing any of the work , taking as long as they please on lunch times , pick and choose which staff to work the bad days and hours while they do none , terrible overall athmosphere as so much negative comments about other staff members , no contract , minimum pay , starting earlier than expected and finishing later than expected with no extra pay , expected to wear clothes in stock which means changing every week which you have to buy yourself , YOU ARE REPLACEABLE which means you will be treated that way .
negative environment
it was a very negative place to work. i worked part time on a zero hour contract as many others did and when i requested more hours and the manager at the time agreed, i was subsequently given less hours. there was not a good culture of motivation or hard work and a high staff turnover due to the management situation
Fun workplace
I was in charge of stock control and management of inventory.
I also dealt with credit, debit and cash processing from sales

Management of stock levels and reorders was another role I dealt with weekly.

I had a customer facing role where I would have to deal with customer queries and complaints which improved my communication skills.

The culture was very tea-oriented.

The hardest part of the job was the initial introduction, getting comfortable approaching people, which was quickly improved.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people and helping people.
Terrible place to work
Severe lack of respect from management and above, you are all 'replaceable' and they let you know. Absolutely no job security. Roster gets changed daily so you could be asked to work at the drop of a hat and me and others have often had to work up to 8,9 or even 10 days straight before having a day off. Do not pay you properly either, you could be rosterd till 6 but won't get out till after half, not payed for that time, it's just expected, and if you don't like it or contest it, there's the door. Booking time off is an ordeal too!
Pros
Your team
Cons
Management and above, pay, lack of respect, clothes
good staff interactions and relationships
Float checks, till start ups and cash-offs at end of day.
Stock rechecks and refills. stock takes and orders.

Enjoyable customer service interactions and relationships.

Good staff relationships and good working atmosphere. Difficult lasting an entire day on your feet!