Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Productive, balanced work
Good company to start off with. Gives many things to learn. Have opportunity to learn. Have different technologies and tools. Balanced work culture. Better to join as permanent employee.
Summary
I Learned an array of new skills and was able to network with some exceptional people in my time here. The main takeaway from my experience here is the work that goes in, at all levels, to ensure a high quality product can be produced in a timely manner.
I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time for more than a year
Pros

Great work environment, friendly people, competitive benefits

Cons

There are a lot of bosses, so sometimes hard to get clear instructions.
Nice place to work.
I enjoyed my time in Boston Scientific Galway. Day shift allowed me to have free time to myself after 3pm. Work was very analytical which suited me. Qualtity driven clean room.
Pros
Hours. Quarterly bonus. Canteen breakfast is cheap.
Cons
Lack of communication. Mindset on line.
Great place to work and supports further education for anyone interested, quarterly bonus, canteen on site with a wide variety of choice , Health ins
Great company and great people, work place culture is good.
Benefits include quarterly bonus for PB'S , health insurance when made permanent contract is.
Boston clonmel
Boston scientific clonmel are an excellent company to work be aware it is shift work . Supervisors and management very approachable, and very helpful with career progression.
great working environment
I worked on a production line that manufactured stents. The first task was to clean our working area because it was a clean room environment. This was done three times a day. The type of stent we made on our line (tracheobronchial) was for the throat and lungs. The stents were to assist cancer patients and make it more comfortable for them to eat and breath.
Nearly three thousand people worked there but I worked with a team of 18 people. My job was operating a machine that attached the stent on to the deployment shaft. This required close concentration because an easy deployment by a surgeon later was essential, so this required frequent tests and inspections by us. I worked with a group of people on my line that were always helpful, professional and friendly for many years and the only reason I left was for personal reasons to move to Dublin
Poor management
Weak management, not open or truthful. Supervisor hands are tied most of the time. Most people in there are honest hard working people but there are those who slack constantly and get away with it. Very annoying when you're breaking a sweat
Pros
Reasonable money
very good work environment
work environment was cooperation and coordinated among all employee. The most enjoyable part of the job was the nature of my position its was about looking for scientific solving for products manufacture problems in all its stages not a routine job.
Good place of work
A Very nice place to work overall. Your job satisfaction will depend on which of the cleanrooms you are placed into, some rooms are better than others.
oppertunities
pleanty of promotion and development oppertunities. at times they can hire the wrong people into roles, such as quality and line facilitotors. over all its good, id recommend to anyone,
Productive and fun workplace
A typical day at work is very busy with targets to be met. I was working in a very fast-paced environment on the line, manufacturing and analysing stents.I was working on two different steps. I learnt how to adapt to different tasks and to work as part of a team. The most enjoyable part of work are the fun colleagues who I was laughing with and making jokes with.
Poor place to work.
I have had the misfortune of working in Boston scientific.The staff are friendly but the management are rude and completely incompetent.Most product builders are looking for a way out. The culture potrayed by Boston is completely opposite to what it is .Financial awards that staff once got were removed .The bonus is now much harder achieve .Any way they can save money at your expense.Avoid at all cost.
A nice place to work, very fast-paced and keeps you on your feet. Lovely people to work with. The management of the lines could listen a little more to the product builders to ensure the most efficient work being done.
good pay and nice work environment
pretty good pay and very safe work environment. quarterly bonus and Christmas vouchers as well. usually start on night shift which you either adapt to or you don't
Pros
bonus and pay are good
Cons
contracts are week to week
Excellent work culture, great work/life balance (Office staff work flexi time). Worked for 8 months as part of a college placement and loved every minute of it.
Good place to work.
I worked the night shift for years and then days for the last 2 years. Starting at 06:30am until 14:30pm.

The management has improved over the last two years due to a new people engagement program, I never had any problems with management or getting time off.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep a good posture while trying to make high targets but this is only relevant in certain rooms as I've worked in many, so not always the case. Every room I've worked in also has step rotation.

Best part of the job is the people, including higher management, technicians, trainers and fellow product builders.
High variation of tasks, everyday is different which makes completing work challenging and very rewarding.
Plenty of training courses were available to all employees, such as public speaking, lean manufacturing, excel training, time management & work effectiveness,

Great place to work, manager always gave encouragement and allowed me to work/collaborate with different sectors within the company.
Interesting and fun workplace.
Throughout the duration of my work at Boston Scientific, I gained invaluable experience in the research process and manufacturing of parts for medical trials. The workplace was a vibrant and exciting place and an easy environment to work in.
Pros
A lot of experience gained
Productive and enjoyable workplace with great people
Flexible working hours, great environment with some great professionals working there, every day new challenges which allowed me to learn something new every day.
Amazing surrounding area.
Fun workplace
Came here on work experience in Transition Year. Had great fun and was shown around the entire building. Learned lots as all staff seemed to have great passion and knowledge for their work.