Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Found 106 reviews matching the search See all 1,490 reviews
Planning co-op (Former Employee) –  Galway20 September 2019
Excellent work culture, great work/life balance (Office staff work flexi time). Worked for 8 months as part of a college placement and loved every minute of it.
Good place to work.
Designated trainer, Product Builder. (Former Employee) –  Galway17 September 2019
I worked the night shift for years and then days for the last 2 years. Starting at 06:30am until 14:30pm.

The management has improved over the last two years due to a new people engagement program, I never had any problems with management or getting time off.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep a good posture while trying to make high targets but this is only relevant in certain rooms as I've worked in many, so not always the case. Every room I've worked in also has step rotation.

Best part of the job is the people, including higher management, technicians, trainers and fellow product builders.
Placement R&D Engineer (Former Employee) –  Galway, Ireland15 September 2019
High variation of tasks, everyday is different which makes completing work challenging and very rewarding.
Plenty of training courses were available to all employees, such as public speaking, lean manufacturing, excel training, time management & work effectiveness,
Great place to work, manager always gave encouragement and allowed me to work/collaborate with different sectors within the company.
Interesting and fun workplace.
Co op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Galway25 August 2019
Throughout the duration of my work at Boston Scientific, I gained invaluable experience in the research process and manufacturing of parts for medical trials. The workplace was a vibrant and exciting place and an easy environment to work in.
Pros
A lot of experience gained
Productive and enjoyable workplace with great people
Clonmel - IT Technician, End-User Services (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary14 August 2019
Flexible working hours, great environment with some great professionals working there, every day new challenges which allowed me to learn something new every day.
Amazing surrounding area.
Fun workplace
Mr. Kieran Hogan, Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary8 August 2019
Came here on work experience in Transition Year. Had great fun and was shown around the entire building. Learned lots as all staff seemed to have great passion and knowledge for their work.
busy and product quality driven
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Cork29 July 2019
o Observing Special Guidelines and Operating Instructions (SGOI)
o Ensuring clinical hygiene in all aspects of production
o Adhering to excellent clean room practices
o Monitoring and verifying quality excellence in accordance with workmanship standards
o Maintaining good manufacturing practices and following strict safety guidelines at all times
Pros
good team spirit
Cons
on your feet
Great team to be a part of, lots of encouragement and support for advancement.
R&D Engineer (Former Employee) –  Galway, Ireland28 July 2019
Boston Scientific was a fantastic company to work for, I was given great opportunities and gained experience beyond my years with the encouragement and support to do so.
Productive and an excellent place to work
Training Coordinator administrator (Former Employee) –  Cork4 July 2019
My days are very proactive. Each day is different. I enjoy working in a fast pace environment. There is a fantastic culture in this company, it has invested a lot of time and money into people who wish to progress further in their career by sending those to college. I have spent the last 3 years in college and just got my degree all thanks to the help of the company. I enjoy meeting new people who start in the company. I was conducting induction programs with all new hires and monitoring their training when they worked on the production floor. I built many relationships which i really enjoyed. I also love the diversity working with different departments on different projects such as HR, Quality, Engineering, Lean and Manufacturing. I loved working in the office with my team. I would answer phone calls for any training related queries, power point presentations, Booking rooms for meetings, ordering office equipment, uploading training information onto our excel file, interviewing potential new employees for the company etc.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
longer hours
atmosphere is great
Product Builder (Catheters) (Current Employee) –  Cork24 June 2019
nice place to work, colleagues are friendly, targets reachable, good canteen, gym, professional place to work, interesting, good to make life changing equipment.
Pros
gym, nice canteen
Cons
could pay better
Productive and engaging atmosphere
Intern Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary23 June 2019
Work done and people willing to help if needed. Many events held during the year to stay engaged with the employees and the surrounding locality. Would recommend working here especially if living in the area.
Organisation lacking
Product builder (Former Employee) –  Cork16 June 2019
Worked as a product builder part time
The people that worked on the line were really nice and its like a big family
The supervisors /team leaders have no clue what's happening between them and all tell you different things
No communication whatsoever
They won't be pleased if you don't do overtime and will bring it up in your contract review
Had my phone off and they contacted my emergency Contact to get in touch
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Awful managmet
productive
Assistant / Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary28 May 2019
the company is well organised, training the interns on the first day by certifying them in manual handling, proper hygiene procedures and other important tasks
Pros
good pay
Cons
non
Boston Scientific
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  IE3 April 2019
It was my really first job in Ireland. The people were welcoming and I enjoyed working there. One of the biggest medical device company in Country. Meeting our daily target was a priority without compromising with the quality of the product. Management style was at it highest level, every department had they head of department who reported to the General Manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was having to recall or quality incident. When we are successful in our internal and external audits.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
one hour break
Busy, fast paced environment
Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Galway12 March 2019
Great place to work - great colleagues. Lots of opportunities for advancement and further education. I undertook many further ed courses during my employment there.
great place to work
Process Technician Des Coatings (Current Employee) –  Galway24 February 2019
Des is a fast moving production envoirnment. Very friendly staff with a high emphasis on accuracy and detail to work. Senior management have always been very approachable and help is always on hand when and if necessary.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
shift work(nights)
Productive and Good workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary11 January 2019
Good workplace very well motivated, not a very stressful workplace. Friendly place to work very welcoming, lots of societies also to get more involved within the workplace.
productive & fun
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  galway5 January 2019
inspected stents daily. Made great friends, very good work conditions - overtime health care plan. Fitted in very well with family life, weekends off and day time off allowed me to be with my children during the day
Pros
good wage
Cons
monotony
boston
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Galway19 December 2018
boston Is a fun area to work, great people and good atmosphere. I would not recommend doing night shifts if you have issues with sleep. overall I would recommend it.
Pros
Good money and great people
Cons
bafd hours
Not best place to work
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Cork3 December 2018
I've been working in Cork site for over 10 years, and it's been the worst 10 years of my life. The Only good thing about the job is decent salary, but the culture and management is very bad.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Poor management, backstabbing culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.