Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Ireland152 reviews

Found 152 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,829 reviews

Easy enough going environment. Can get boring do. Blame always passed on to product builder to cover superiors

Can be very say going depending on area but have heard horror stories of busier sections. Shift not great either days evenings or nights amd your stuck on one then.

Pros

Easy going Good for booking time off Nice people

Cons

Bad pay

Definitely Recommend

Clonmel Campus is definitely not my worst job. I have come to realise there are many friendly people and very helpful people. Management do an excellent job of accommodating everyone and listening to everyone. The hourly rate for product builder is definitely lacklustre, should he better for the seriousness and attention to detail involved in the job - however bonuses and yearly pay increases are nice!

Pros

On-site canteen, Parking, Bonus’s, Management, Progression

Cons

Salary, You don’t get bonuses until after 2yrs working at the company

Productive and fun loving environment and great teamwork ethics

Even though its been many years ago since I worked here I've still happy memories of a tight friendly network .Great company to work for and opportunities to re-educate yourself within the company

Pros

Opportunities to better your skills

Cons

Great place to work. People are friendly, and good working conditions.

Great place to work everyone treated fairly. Pay and benefits are good.We get looked after very well. i cannot fault this company in any way of 27 years employment.

Permanency is slim to none of you miss days

When you work with ice you can only miss a maximum of 2/3 days when you are In your probation period. Progression is more aimed at people who are preselected for the job or who are liked and not for what you know.

Pros

Set hours

Cons

Management dictators

If you make your target you won't ever move again or even be trainedj anything else. They hound you for overtime amd will burn you out working

Unbelievably clanish. The long term employees are Running the placeNot helpful. If your agency, you'll never see an agency lead and never find one when you have questions. It was the Worst job I have ever had and would never recommend Boston to Anyone I know in need of employment.

Cons

Timewatchers, not helpful . Dont bother going to the toilet because you'll never make your hourly targets

Never any materials

New shift change being introduced. People being changed from 4 day week to 5 day a week, no choice or not being accommodated in another area. Does not suit with childcare being so expensive.

Pros

Car park..

Cons

No organisation no work life balance

Great company

I enjoyed working at Boston scientific. The potential to move up the ladder is there if you work hard. Good nights out. Nice atmosphere and good canteen. I would recommend working there.

Pros

Good night's out, wages ok, career development for right personalities

Cons

Productive and relaxed working environment

Everyone at Boston scientific is very accepting. I’ve made lots of new friends working here and everybody tries to work together and achieve great results. The training for product builders is quite comprehensive and there is lots of room to grow if you have the qualifications to. And if you don’t Boston also try to help upskill their employees. A fantastic company with a good and positive working environment .

Productive and fun place

My daily tasks were very much up to myself to complete. I was given tasks by my supervisor and went between my desk and manufacturing line for the most part. I got an insight into the industry as I had not ye in college.There was a great sense of teamwork in the plant and the staff, including management, were always very friendly and helpful.It was sometimes difficult to give feedback to the experienced staff if i felt something had been omitted but there was a structure in place to encourage constructive feedback.I enjoyed working in the office as all my team were in the same area and it made the place more social

Pros

subsidised lunches and huge variety in canteen! Department had fun days out

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Boston Scientific?

Busy but great place to work.

Truely is a great place to work. Always kept busy each and every day. Good pay and excellent benefits and met some amazing people while I worked there.

Pros

Subsidised canteen, good pay and benefits

Challenging and innovative

Fast paced company which offers job progression, i was involved in transferring the first oesophageal stent fron Denmark so had the pleasure to see this particular product grow and improve and have an input.

Technician

People are great to work with, always helpful. Good prospects if you want. Money is no object if you come up with a good. Team work is important to the company.

Pros

Pay, prospects, people

Cons

Away from home, pace

Great prospect of advancement

I had No Problems within Boston Scientific-Good Work-Good Supervisor & Great Workmates on our evening shift...The Facility was superb and access to clean rooms was made easier through Protocols

Pros

Further Learning Experiences

Cons

None Really

Not what you would expect

The work I was doing left me with sore and painful hands not to mention backpain!There is little rotation of roles there so doing this job daily left me with life long pain and damageExpect to be guilted into overtime Very bad management, some employees get special treatmentThe less you do there the more rewards you getIf I could sum it up with one word it would be toxic

Pros

Xmas hols

Cons

Bad pay, toxic culture, no work life balance

Bad place to work

Would not recommend.Everyone out for themselves.Employees look to managers for direction. If senior and middle management aren’t abiding by the core values, employees will follow.Authority is discredited, and a clear divide will form between leadership and the staff.

Pros

Jackets when working on projects

Cons

Long hours no support, poor management

Fun unlikely contagious kip

Boston was fantastic.. Not...I would go into work with joyful butterflies as i didn't not know what to expect. I did 14, hour shifts so much was asked.

Pros

I don't care

Cons

Toxic toxic stress

Quite possibly the worst place i have ever worked in

The clean room I worked in was extremely competitive, bad atmosphere, different shifts were comstantly bad mouthing the work done by the previous shift. If you get ahead of your required numbers be prepared for your work to be scrutinised down the line, no-one wants to see anyone doing better than them. It might have been different in other clean rooms but i honestly do not have the words to describe how unpleasant my time there was. HR are incompetent, management are so extremely rude and unhelpful. I wouldn't go back to this place if my life depended on it, i actually ended up on antidepressants after 9 months in here.

Pros

Met 1 very good friend

Cons

Every single thing about the place

Really recommend

Great company, great pay and perks, nice working environment and plenty chance to move up and upskill. they really pump money back in to the staff for nice perks like jackets and nights out.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

I can't think of any faults

Working hours were excellent

I loved my work. I was a Train the trainer. And promoted to the Q.A. lab. Also involved in 2 F.D.A. audits, a lot of pressure but I loved it immensely

Pros

Great Team Leaders. And I loved my work.

Cons

Wages were disappointing.

Good environment for work

*. Good environment for work *. Excellent benefit plan offered *. People are so friendly and helpful *. Good culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement