Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Ireland184 reviews

Found 184 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,973 reviews

Easy, numbers driven

Easy place to work, supervisor only interested in numbers and nothing else. Quite a miserable place to be at times. Moaning is fairly common place but I thought it was ok and easy money

Fast paced, boring, very repetitive, overtime not always available. Takes years to get a permanent post

Typical multinational, temporary emplyees treated badly, very long wait for permanency. No chance of 4 day week even though that would provide a better work life balance. Promises a lot but work is repetitive and boring. Can be difficult to get a day off, even with notice. Progression not that easy as qualifications required and feed back not given unless requested. Strict break times, canteen food poor on evening and night shift. Good Christmas bonus.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

5 day week, repetitive work

Insights into Boston Scientific

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Fun workplace

I really enjoy working here. My coworkers are great to have a laugh with, and will always help you with anything. Work can get stressful at times, but that's expected in any workplace

Wish I never worked here

Toxic gossiping environment, people will throw you under the bus to make themselves look better at their job. Soul sucking environment that I would only advise if you are looking to go travelling or a student to save up fast and get out. You are just a number, you make no difference. My advice to management would be Separate the cliques of women in each room and rotate people for new steps on the line and listen when people aren't happy.

Pros

Bonus, set hours, occasional gift vouches.

Cons

No rotation, repetitive, bullying culture

Awful Supervisor , No Help , Guidance

Lumped onto a Production line minimal training expected to be signed off in 24 hours , Supervisor was a nightmare had no people skills , advice , help more like a know it all school teacher really . Was a long time ago i worked there hope its changed since then.

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Short breaks, Poor people management skills from so called superiors.

Unprofessional Supervisor,poor communication

Bad Management,burn out new staff to maximum.Never enough work you can do.Poor salary,poor bonuses.Each day asking about overtime 12 h shift.Each week asking to pay for charity.Only 1 per year staff party and you need to pay deposit.No free food, no free drinks.Food is old,no many choices.You can book day of,or be sick with GP certificate.You will get absence.People like children no respect from Supervisor.So may gossiping,like school.No professionalism.Everyone now where I was when I was sick.Toxic environment.People do not sleep bring private problems to work and supervisors is ok with that.You need to book holiday 4,5 months in advance.And only 4 people will get holiday.Supervisors do not treat people with respect.Everyone work for holidays.People who training new staff toxic.Poor training for staff.

Average

Generally easy enough work, good work/life balance, paid overtime which is optional but handy way to earn extra money. Pay is average, could be better. Takes a long time to be eligible for basic benefits or get permanent contract (1-2 years)

Nice place to work

Good bonus every 3 months. Lovely people working there. Management are very approachable. No weekends required unless you want to work it. Good xmas bonus.

Pros

Sports and social club. Nice atmosphere and lovely people

Cons

Can be pressurised

interesting

It's not a bad place to work, start off pay is on the lower end of the scale for medical devices, canteen is overpriced and not staffed for late night break

Pros

Friendly workplace

Stressful/ micromanaging and very difficult to progress

The work is becoming very challenging with increasing shift output targets. Some of the supervisors are horrible and bullies. The chances for progression are very limited unless you know someone there in the management. The young people are mostly hired and they are overloaded with work until they get burnt and sick. If someone open their mouth or complain then they are being monitored very closely and ultimately fired for any stupid reason.

monotonous work

It was monotonous work without much interaction. The work was simple. The environment was often hostile and uncomfortable. The pay was okay for the work.

It's a grind

Depends on the department you're in. Some supervisors are nice, some are horrible. Pay is good, only reason I've stayed there so long. Work can be extremely monotonous.

Ok job but a huge place with small chances of progression

Can be very easy going to busy depending on each cleanroomPoor pay but regularl bonuses every quarter about a year through recruitment agency then taken over by Boston but still no healthcate or pay rise till another year Hard to progress due to size of the company

Senior engineering manager is the most unprofessional unfair person I have ever had the mispleasure of dealing with

Horrible work environment, no support. They run two shifts but only have support on the day shift so if something go’s wrong your expected to stay (for free) and get it done. I put in 50hrs a week and this wasn’t good enough. They hire very young people and burn them out

Pros

It was clean

Cons

That’s a long list, any company that has to offer completion bonuses to the contract staff is a red flag

Job

Grand place to work, shifts are a disaster with young kids, pay is ok, no work to life balance, there is a lot of gossiping in there but you have that everywhere

Inclusive and Progressive culture

Brilliant place to work, where you feel respected everyone is treated with similar respect regardless of authority and level. One con is that it was difficult for me to get involved in projects due to the complexity and experience gap between my team. Having another member to shadow wouldve been nice.

Relaxed Work with Great people

Worked as an intern for 10 months. Developed software for an internal team using modern corporate tech stacks.Team and everyone I met during my time were lovely. Work can be hectic close to deadline but overall a relaxed environment. Hybrid work is majority at home 1-2 days in person.

Productive and fun workplace

Good place to work, competitive salary. Long hours. Productive and fun workplace. Staff and management are very helpful. Training is provided. Good benefits.

Pros

Good salary

Fast Paced and challenging

Fast paced environment. I was a technician supporting production. Was challenging at times. very little training given and other techs dont want to share knowledge. Because of this you will learn alot and either sink or swim.I would recommend for experience and then move for better pay or hours

Pros

Subsidised canteen, I worked days which was a good balance off at 3pm everyday

Cons

Alot of single point of failure meaning line down and alot of pressure to fix

Fun workplace

The guys on the line were great always willing to help anyone that needed assistance. Evening shift was very relaxed and easy going. Working there felt like family

Amanzing place to work

Amazing place to work , good job work-life balance, salary and benefits are huge. Management is very friendly, everyone stand by you to help you delivery the best job you can do. No pressure at all. Nothing to complaint about I actually miss this place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement