Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Great company, great pay and perks, nice working environment and plenty chance to move up and upskill. they really pump money back in to the staff for nice perks like jackets and nights out.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
I can't think of any faults
Boston was fantastic.. Not...I would go into work with joyful butterflies as i didn't not know what to expect. I did 14, hour shifts so much was asked.
Pros
I don't care
Cons
Toxic toxic stress
The clean room I worked in was extremely competitive, bad atmosphere, different shifts were comstantly bad mouthing the work done by the previous shift. If you get ahead of your required numbers be prepared for your work to be scrutinised down the line, no-one wants to see anyone doing better than them. It might have been different in other clean rooms but i honestly do not have the words to describe how unpleasant my time there was. HR are incompetent, management are so extremely rude and unhelpful. I wouldn't go back to this place if my life depended on it, i actually ended up on antidepressants after 9 months in here.
Pros
Met 1 very good friend
Cons
Every single thing about the place
I loved my work. I was a Train the trainer. And promoted to the Q.A. lab. Also involved in 2 F.D.A. audits, a lot of pressure but I loved it immensely
Pros
Great Team Leaders. And I loved my work.
Cons
Wages were disappointing.
*. Good environment for work *. Excellent benefit plan offered *. People are so friendly and helpful *. Good culture
When I started in BS I loved it was on four 12hour shifts. They cut back my hour because I was eating into my over time, 9hours overtime a week standard. After they cut it back I was in burr plating on my own. They bumped up my numbers that i needed to hit daily with giving me 9 less hours a week, I went to floor manager told him I needed help absolutely no assistance what so ever everyday I'd ask I would get told yea we'll look into that. I ended up walking out as work load was impossible to keep up with.
Pros
Good pay, plenty of over time
Cons
No support from managers or above.
Poor communication with staff. Toxic work environment, concerns not dealt with. Priority given to numbers over quality. Best part of the day was going home.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Undue stress
loved working at Boston Scientific all staff sorry to see them leave Letterkenny great opportunities with them great variety of jobs ,not stuck doing same thing all the time. management very fair , positive workplace culture a little bit of a learning curve at times achieved a lot while there
Pros
we got free lunches
Cons
shift work
enjoyed my time, pay good, work not too bad as long as you put your head down and get into it, great people to work with, supervisors only care about numbers, so can be stressful,
While there are a lot of nice people working there, there is a 'paper over the cracks' mentality at the company. Last minute scrambles before audits, purposely lying to auditors and quantity over quality. Also the place is filthy, how they ever passed an audit is beyond me. A cleanroom should be CLEAN!
Model Farm Road need to treat employees better if they want to retain their staff. It's really a shame because I'd heard so many good things about Boston Scientific, but it's not a good place to work, unfortunately the worst place I've worked in my career so far for a multitude of reasons. Every dept throwing every other dept under the bus, blame game culture, poor wages, crazy expectations. I was expecting more collaboration by far, it was genuinely very surprising considering the reputation. It's only a small thing but an example would be the political quota seeking by gender in fields with largely male sample leads to hugely unmeritocratic signals being sent out. Don't get me wrong it's great to work with boys and girls ( I actually hate working with only men or women) but 90% of engineering graduates are male and Management are seeking parity in management level. Most workers don't enjoy the politics that the HR management (another aysemtric gender balanced group that they have no interest in balancing) are proponents of. Their employee feedback surveys conveniently leave out all the real issues which they don't want to hear about rather than actually listening. Definitively the worst aspect is the management is they hammer people for any missing days regardless of the life circumstance, illness or any reasons. I know one individual who was extremely ill but was then brought into a formal disciplinary action when he came back, a complete waste of time and emotions, and this is very much part of the policies and culture on site and happens far too often. The expectation - more...
It was a nice place and people to work with.Daily challenging and fast pace work environment. Creative and broad area of work. People are very helpful.
Enjoyed working her. Great colleagues. Very repetitive day shifts evening shift night shift available. Looks after staff well . Very understanding in relation to time off. Excellent training provided
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Temporary contract
Very political environment, conservative. Interesting place to work at, relaxed, management not ethical. Strict procedures as it is a medical company
Great team morale, fast career advancement if you want it. Strong focus on Boston Scientific culture and our impact within the community. Many ways to portray strong work ethic and drive
i loved working here, it was productive and always had something to do but also not too stressful and the people were very nice to work with. i would definitely recommend working here as it has a good salary and good benefits.
Good company to start off with. Gives many things to learn. Have opportunity to learn. Have different technologies and tools. Balanced work culture. Better to join as permanent employee.
I Learned an array of new skills and was able to network with some exceptional people in my time here. The main takeaway from my experience here is the work that goes in, at all levels, to ensure a high quality product can be produced in a timely manner.
Pros Great work environment, friendly people, competitive benefits Cons There are a lot of bosses, so sometimes hard to get clear instructions.
I enjoyed my time in Boston Scientific Galway. Day shift allowed me to have free time to myself after 3pm. Work was very analytical which suited me. Qualtity driven clean room.
Pros
Hours. Quarterly bonus. Canteen breakfast is cheap.
Cons
Lack of communication. Mindset on line.
Great company and great people, work place culture is good. Benefits include quarterly bonus for PB'S , health insurance when made permanent contract is.