Boston Scientific
Coronavirus update
Information from Boston Scientific:

Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Ireland131 reviews
When I started in BS I loved it was on four 12hour shifts. They cut back my hour because I was eating into my over time, 9hours overtime a week standard. After they cut it back I was in burr plating on my own. They bumped up my numbers that i needed to hit daily with giving me 9 less hours a week, I went to floor manager told him I needed help absolutely no assistance what so ever everyday I'd ask I would get told yea we'll look into that. I ended up walking out as work load was impossible to keep up with.
Pros
Good pay, plenty of over time
Cons
No support from managers or above.
Poor communication with staff. Toxic work environment, concerns not dealt with. Priority given to numbers over quality. Best part of the day was going home.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Undue stress
loved working at Boston Scientific all staff sorry to see them leave Letterkenny great opportunities with them great variety of jobs ,not stuck doing same thing all the time. management very fair , positive workplace culture a little bit of a learning curve at times achieved a lot while there
Pros
we got free lunches
Cons
shift work
enjoyed my time, pay good, work not too bad as long as you put your head down and get into it, great people to work with, supervisors only care about numbers, so can be stressful,
While there are a lot of nice people working there, there is a 'paper over the cracks' mentality at the company. Last minute scrambles before audits, purposely lying to auditors and quantity over quality. Also the place is filthy, how they ever passed an audit is beyond me. A cleanroom should be CLEAN!
Model Farm Road need to treat employees better if they want to retain their staff. It's really a shame because I'd heard so many good things about Boston Scientific, but it's not a good place to work, unfortunately the worst place I've worked in my career so far for a multitude of reasons. Every dept throwing every other dept under the bus, blame game culture, poor wages, crazy expectations. I was expecting more collaboration by far, it was genuinely very surprising considering the reputation.

It's only a small thing but an example would be the political quota seeking by gender in fields with largely male sample leads to hugely unmeritocratic signals being sent out. Don't get me wrong it's great to work with boys and girls ( I actually hate working with only men or women) but 90% of engineering graduates are male and Management are seeking parity in management level. Most workers don't enjoy the politics that the HR management (another aysemtric gender balanced group that they have no interest in balancing) are proponents of. Their employee feedback surveys conveniently leave out all the real issues which they don't want to hear about rather than actually listening.

Definitively the worst aspect is the management is they hammer people for any missing days regardless of the life circumstance, illness or any reasons. I know one individual who was extremely ill but was then brought into a formal disciplinary action when he came back, a complete waste of time and emotions, and this is very much part of the policies and culture on site and happens far too often. The expectation
 - more...
It was a nice place and people to work with.Daily challenging and fast pace work environment.
Creative and broad area of work.

People are very helpful.
Enjoyed working her. Great colleagues. Very repetitive day shifts evening shift night shift available. Looks after staff well . Very understanding in relation to time off. Excellent training provided
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Temporary contract
Very political environment, conservative.
Interesting place to work at, relaxed, management not ethical.

Strict procedures as it is a medical company
Great team morale, fast career advancement if you want it. Strong focus on Boston Scientific culture and our impact within the community. Many ways to portray strong work ethic and drive
i loved working here, it was productive and always had something to do but also not too stressful and the people were very nice to work with. i would definitely recommend working here as it has a good salary and good benefits.
Good company to start off with. Gives many things to learn. Have opportunity to learn. Have different technologies and tools. Balanced work culture. Better to join as permanent employee.
I Learned an array of new skills and was able to network with some exceptional people in my time here. The main takeaway from my experience here is the work that goes in, at all levels, to ensure a high quality product can be produced in a timely manner.
Pros

Great work environment, friendly people, competitive benefits

Cons

There are a lot of bosses, so sometimes hard to get clear instructions.
I enjoyed my time in Boston Scientific Galway. Day shift allowed me to have free time to myself after 3pm. Work was very analytical which suited me. Qualtity driven clean room.
Pros
Hours. Quarterly bonus. Canteen breakfast is cheap.
Cons
Lack of communication. Mindset on line.
Great company and great people, work place culture is good.
Benefits include quarterly bonus for PB'S , health insurance when made permanent contract is.
Boston scientific clonmel are an excellent company to work be aware it is shift work . Supervisors and management very approachable, and very helpful with career progression.
I worked on a production line that manufactured stents. The first task was to clean our working area because it was a clean room environment. This was done three times a day. The type of stent we made on our line (tracheobronchial) was for the throat and lungs. The stents were to assist cancer patients and make it more comfortable for them to eat and breath.
Nearly three thousand people worked there but I worked with a team of 18 people. My job was operating a machine that attached the stent on to the deployment shaft. This required close concentration because an easy deployment by a surgeon later was essential, so this required frequent tests and inspections by us. I worked with a group of people on my line that were always helpful, professional and friendly for many years and the only reason I left was for personal reasons to move to Dublin
Weak management, not open or truthful. Supervisor hands are tied most of the time. Most people in there are honest hard working people but there are those who slack constantly and get away with it. Very annoying when you're breaking a sweat
Pros
Reasonable money
Cons
work environment was cooperation and coordinated among all employee. The most enjoyable part of the job was the nature of my position its was about looking for scientific solving for products manufacture problems in all its stages not a routine job.
A Very nice place to work overall. Your job satisfaction will depend on which of the cleanrooms you are placed into, some rooms are better than others.