Boston Scientific
Coronavirus update
Information from Boston Scientific:

Boston Scientific Employee Reviews in Cork

Cork43 reviews
When I started in BS I loved it was on four 12hour shifts. They cut back my hour because I was eating into my over time, 9hours overtime a week standard. After they cut it back I was in burr plating on my own. They bumped up my numbers that i needed to hit daily with giving me 9 less hours a week, I went to floor manager told him I needed help absolutely no assistance what so ever everyday I'd ask I would get told yea we'll look into that. I ended up walking out as work load was impossible to keep up with.
Pros
Good pay, plenty of over time
Cons
No support from managers or above.
Poor communication with staff. Toxic work environment, concerns not dealt with. Priority given to numbers over quality. Best part of the day was going home.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Undue stress
enjoyed my time, pay good, work not too bad as long as you put your head down and get into it, great people to work with, supervisors only care about numbers, so can be stressful,
While there are a lot of nice people working there, there is a 'paper over the cracks' mentality at the company. Last minute scrambles before audits, purposely lying to auditors and quantity over quality. Also the place is filthy, how they ever passed an audit is beyond me. A cleanroom should be CLEAN!
Model Farm Road need to treat employees better if they want to retain their staff. It's really a shame because I'd heard so many good things about Boston Scientific, but it's not a good place to work, unfortunately the worst place I've worked in my career so far for a multitude of reasons. Every dept throwing every other dept under the bus, blame game culture, poor wages, crazy expectations. I was expecting more collaboration by far, it was genuinely very surprising considering the reputation.

It's only a small thing but an example would be the political quota seeking by gender in fields with largely male sample leads to hugely unmeritocratic signals being sent out. Don't get me wrong it's great to work with boys and girls ( I actually hate working with only men or women) but 90% of engineering graduates are male and Management are seeking parity in management level. Most workers don't enjoy the politics that the HR management (another aysemtric gender balanced group that they have no interest in balancing) are proponents of. Their employee feedback surveys conveniently leave out all the real issues which they don't want to hear about rather than actually listening.

Definitively the worst aspect is the management is they hammer people for any missing days regardless of the life circumstance, illness or any reasons. I know one individual who was extremely ill but was then brought into a formal disciplinary action when he came back, a complete waste of time and emotions, and this is very much part of the policies and culture on site and happens far too often. The expectation
 - more...
work environment was cooperation and coordinated among all employee. The most enjoyable part of the job was the nature of my position its was about looking for scientific solving for products manufacture problems in all its stages not a routine job.
I have had the misfortune of working in Boston scientific.The staff are friendly but the management are rude and completely incompetent.Most product builders are looking for a way out. The culture potrayed by Boston is completely opposite to what it is .Financial awards that staff once got were removed .The bonus is now much harder achieve .Any way they can save money at your expense.Avoid at all cost.
o Observing Special Guidelines and Operating Instructions (SGOI)
o Ensuring clinical hygiene in all aspects of production

o Adhering to excellent clean room practices

o Monitoring and verifying quality excellence in accordance with workmanship standards

o Maintaining good manufacturing practices and following strict safety guidelines at all times
Pros
good team spirit
Cons
on your feet
My days are very proactive. Each day is different. I enjoy working in a fast pace environment. There is a fantastic culture in this company, it has invested a lot of time and money into people who wish to progress further in their career by sending those to college. I have spent the last 3 years in college and just got my degree all thanks to the help of the company. I enjoy meeting new people who start in the company. I was conducting induction programs with all new hires and monitoring their training when they worked on the production floor. I built many relationships which i really enjoyed. I also love the diversity working with different departments on different projects such as HR, Quality, Engineering, Lean and Manufacturing. I loved working in the office with my team. I would answer phone calls for any training related queries, power point presentations, Booking rooms for meetings, ordering office equipment, uploading training information onto our excel file, interviewing potential new employees for the company etc.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
longer hours
nice place to work, colleagues are friendly, targets reachable, good canteen, gym, professional place to work, interesting, good to make life changing equipment.
Pros
gym, nice canteen
Cons
could pay better
Worked as a product builder part time
The people that worked on the line were really nice and its like a big family

The supervisors /team leaders have no clue what's happening between them and all tell you different things

No communication whatsoever

They won't be pleased if you don't do overtime and will bring it up in your contract review

Had my phone off and they contacted my emergency Contact to get in touch
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Awful managmet
I've been working in Cork site for over 10 years, and it's been the worst 10 years of my life. The Only good thing about the job is decent salary, but the culture and management is very bad.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Poor management, backstabbing culture
Awful company to work for, particularly for Quality. Sexist environment with bad benefits and salary. The fight for survival is not worth it for the sake of your mental health. HR is not helpful when dealing with tough situations and management bully you into completing projects poorly just to meet unrealistic deadlines. Full of politics.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Horrible environment
Boston are a good company to work for, however the pay is quite poor for this sector and their equipment needs updating. Line management is hit and miss depending on the area.
Great management. Good working houres.Lots of overtime for those who are interested.
Very good atmospere.

Highly recomended for those who wants to learn a lot, fantastic experience.
Boston Scientific has a good grassroots organization and treat employees well. The pay is low for a Builder, but there are opportunities for growth and development. Overall, a good place to be and you are allowed to take what you want from the company.
Pros
Great Atmosphere for Growth and Inclusive Environment
Cons
Lower paid than comparable companies in the area
Friendly work environment. Decent superiors. Management are approachable and value your ideas. staff are a diverse friendly bunch. Free health insurance for all permanent employees.
Pros
Nearby
Cons
Could do with more parking spaces
Enjoyed my time with Boston,a friendly and reasonable company to work for.Made many good grinds and always felt part of a team culture.Manufacturing medical devices is a very rewarding career.
Pros
Good working and conditions and good flexibility
Cons
No great pathway to internal promotion
I enjoyed the atmosphere working here. I worked on my own on a production line. it was hard tedious work but i still enjoyed it. the boss wasnt nice but i still got on well and managed my work.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
not fun
very enjoyable and pro active place to work with friendly staff and also good working facilities available for those who wish to use them.
I am currently working in Boston Scientific, I have gained valuable experience working here. It is a fun place to work and has a great team atmosphere.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.