Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific Employee Reviews in Cork

very good work environment
work environment was cooperation and coordinated among all employee. The most enjoyable part of the job was the nature of my position its was about looking for scientific solving for products manufacture problems in all its stages not a routine job.
Poor place to work.
I have had the misfortune of working in Boston scientific.The staff are friendly but the management are rude and completely incompetent.Most product builders are looking for a way out. The culture potrayed by Boston is completely opposite to what it is .Financial awards that staff once got were removed .The bonus is now much harder achieve .Any way they can save money at your expense.Avoid at all cost.
busy and product quality driven
o Observing Special Guidelines and Operating Instructions (SGOI)
o Ensuring clinical hygiene in all aspects of production

o Adhering to excellent clean room practices

o Monitoring and verifying quality excellence in accordance with workmanship standards

o Maintaining good manufacturing practices and following strict safety guidelines at all times
Pros
good team spirit
Cons
on your feet
Productive and an excellent place to work
My days are very proactive. Each day is different. I enjoy working in a fast pace environment. There is a fantastic culture in this company, it has invested a lot of time and money into people who wish to progress further in their career by sending those to college. I have spent the last 3 years in college and just got my degree all thanks to the help of the company. I enjoy meeting new people who start in the company. I was conducting induction programs with all new hires and monitoring their training when they worked on the production floor. I built many relationships which i really enjoyed. I also love the diversity working with different departments on different projects such as HR, Quality, Engineering, Lean and Manufacturing. I loved working in the office with my team. I would answer phone calls for any training related queries, power point presentations, Booking rooms for meetings, ordering office equipment, uploading training information onto our excel file, interviewing potential new employees for the company etc.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
longer hours
atmosphere is great
nice place to work, colleagues are friendly, targets reachable, good canteen, gym, professional place to work, interesting, good to make life changing equipment.
Pros
gym, nice canteen
Cons
could pay better
Organisation lacking
Worked as a product builder part time
The people that worked on the line were really nice and its like a big family

The supervisors /team leaders have no clue what's happening between them and all tell you different things

No communication whatsoever

They won't be pleased if you don't do overtime and will bring it up in your contract review

Had my phone off and they contacted my emergency Contact to get in touch
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Awful managmet
Not best place to work
I've been working in Cork site for over 10 years, and it's been the worst 10 years of my life. The Only good thing about the job is decent salary, but the culture and management is very bad.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Poor management, backstabbing culture
Would Never go Back
Awful company to work for, particularly for Quality. Sexist environment with bad benefits and salary. The fight for survival is not worth it for the sake of your mental health. HR is not helpful when dealing with tough situations and management bully you into completing projects poorly just to meet unrealistic deadlines. Full of politics.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Horrible environment
Easy going but behind the curve
Boston are a good company to work for, however the pay is quite poor for this sector and their equipment needs updating. Line management is hit and miss depending on the area.
Very good place to work.
Great management. Good working houres.Lots of overtime for those who are interested.
Very good atmospere.

Highly recomended for those who wants to learn a lot, fantastic experience.
Good Starting Point for Manufacturing
Boston Scientific has a good grassroots organization and treat employees well. The pay is low for a Builder, but there are opportunities for growth and development. Overall, a good place to be and you are allowed to take what you want from the company.
Pros
Great Atmosphere for Growth and Inclusive Environment
Cons
Lower paid than comparable companies in the area
great company
Friendly work environment. Decent superiors. Management are approachable and value your ideas. staff are a diverse friendly bunch. Free health insurance for all permanent employees.
Pros
Nearby
Cons
Could do with more parking spaces
Enjoyed my time with Boston,a friendly and reasonable company to work for.Made many good grinds and always felt part of a team culture.Manufacturing medical devices is a very rewarding career.
Pros
Good working and conditions and good flexibility
Cons
No great pathway to internal promotion
cleanroom environment and nice people
I enjoyed the atmosphere working here. I worked on my own on a production line. it was hard tedious work but i still enjoyed it. the boss wasnt nice but i still got on well and managed my work.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
not fun
very enjoyable and pro active place to work
very enjoyable and pro active place to work with friendly staff and also good working facilities available for those who wish to use them.
Grate place to work
I am currently working in Boston Scientific, I have gained valuable experience working here. It is a fun place to work and has a great team atmosphere.
Opportunities at work
Great company to work with and to develop a career. Quality system management is highly prioritized as company policy is to improve the quality of patient care. Good experience on how the company continuously improve the quality system. Management is great and supportive, co-workers are always willing to help and easier to work with cross functional department.

Being part of the people that built medical devices and my role in the lifecycle of the production of medical device.
Pros
Great quality system and flexible hours
Cons
Non permanent contract
It was a good company to work for, learned many important things for the manufacturing industry and had a high level of training there. Quality was to a very high standard and it should me the importance of this in my work.
Pros
Good people, fun place to work and helped me get good experience in industry
Cons
I suppose the oppourtunities to progress my carreer
Supplier Quality
I work on first article activities, acceptance activities, vendor change management and all other product qualification processes including raw material regulated assessment to meet regulatory requirement and directives..
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours and career development
Cons
Limited to less than two years contract
Focused, enjoyable, diligent environment
A fantastic working atmosphere within the company. All individuals highly skilled at their specific roles, and more importantly always willing to take time a help others.
spot on
excellent place to work and grow with it. dedicated company to putting quality first in everything they do. you consistently need to pay close attention to detail.