Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific Employee Reviews in Galway

Good place of work
A Very nice place to work overall. Your job satisfaction will depend on which of the cleanrooms you are placed into, some rooms are better than others.
Poor management
Weak management, not open or truthful. Supervisor hands are tied most of the time. Most people in there are honest hard working people but there are those who slack constantly and get away with it. Very annoying when you're breaking a sweat
Pros
Reasonable money
oppertunities
pleanty of promotion and development oppertunities. at times they can hire the wrong people into roles, such as quality and line facilitotors. over all its good, id recommend to anyone,
good pay and nice work environment
pretty good pay and very safe work environment. quarterly bonus and Christmas vouchers as well. usually start on night shift which you either adapt to or you don't
Pros
bonus and pay are good
Cons
contracts are week to week
Excellent work culture, great work/life balance (Office staff work flexi time). Worked for 8 months as part of a college placement and loved every minute of it.
Good place to work.
I worked the night shift for years and then days for the last 2 years. Starting at 06:30am until 14:30pm.

The management has improved over the last two years due to a new people engagement program, I never had any problems with management or getting time off.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep a good posture while trying to make high targets but this is only relevant in certain rooms as I've worked in many, so not always the case. Every room I've worked in also has step rotation.

Best part of the job is the people, including higher management, technicians, trainers and fellow product builders.
High variation of tasks, everyday is different which makes completing work challenging and very rewarding.
Plenty of training courses were available to all employees, such as public speaking, lean manufacturing, excel training, time management & work effectiveness,

Great place to work, manager always gave encouragement and allowed me to work/collaborate with different sectors within the company.
Interesting and fun workplace.
Throughout the duration of my work at Boston Scientific, I gained invaluable experience in the research process and manufacturing of parts for medical trials. The workplace was a vibrant and exciting place and an easy environment to work in.
Pros
A lot of experience gained
Great team to be a part of, lots of encouragement and support for advancement.
Boston Scientific was a fantastic company to work for, I was given great opportunities and gained experience beyond my years with the encouragement and support to do so.
Busy, fast paced environment
Great place to work - great colleagues. Lots of opportunities for advancement and further education. I undertook many further ed courses during my employment there.
great place to work
Des is a fast moving production envoirnment. Very friendly staff with a high emphasis on accuracy and detail to work. Senior management have always been very approachable and help is always on hand when and if necessary.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
shift work(nights)
productive & fun
inspected stents daily. Made great friends, very good work conditions - overtime health care plan. Fitted in very well with family life, weekends off and day time off allowed me to be with my children during the day
Pros
good wage
Cons
monotony
boston
boston Is a fun area to work, great people and good atmosphere. I would not recommend doing night shifts if you have issues with sleep. overall I would recommend it.
Pros
Good money and great people
Cons
bafd hours
i loved it
very good place to work .
i worked there for 8 months and would love to go back.

they have a coffee shop which i liked

and they have free parking too.
Working as part of the internal quality systems team in ensuring a high level of Regulatory compliance is maintained throughout the plant. Assisting in reviewing and auditing internal documents that are subject to external review by regulatory bodies such as the FDA
Good income, awfull managment
The work its easy and the conditions of work amazing. Hours may be tricky cope at night shift but manageable during morning and evening shift.
Work environment its complex, there's more sociable workers, more introverted ones and the ones that try to bury you at every corner. By reporting fellow workers, you get the option of climbing the ladder of responsibility, so the person in charge its probably your worst enemy pretending to be your best friend.

Also you are inserted in a random clean room with a random supervisor, so ou may be lucky... Or not, the difference its between going to work on a normal situation under a "normal/good" human being driving you forward and having 8 easy and even enjoyable hours at work, or, going into a bullying life draining 8 hour shift with negative stingy overpowered enforcer, undermining and backstabbing you every step of the way.
Pros
Cheap canten, good wages, good work condition, reliable income and shift/hour padron
Cons
Awfull enviroment.
good place to work
It was a fun place to work, regular hours, chance for overtime every now and again was welcomed.
Good social network of people made to repetitive work less mundane.
Great place to learn
Great place to learn about the industry as the company is well established. The benefits are good; however the salary is not. Great working environment.
Pleasant place to work
after being fully trained in all aspects in the production of medical device I was then requested to test completed devices for leaks . Problems arose in this section and I suggested ways to eliminate these problems which were implemented. The hardest part of the Job was having to stop work due to machine failure or other aspect beyond my control. I did not like idleness and often requested to assist others.
Pros
Relaxed non hurried workplace
Cons
Pressure to avoid human errors and to be absolutely perfect each time
product builder
work all shifts from days evening to nights work in full clean rooms semi clean rooms & in ware house worked with very nice people & good mangers in each department. well looked after in the company
Good salary, decend work environment.
If you want to work in a monotonous role and be well paid, this is ideal. Choice of shift times and occasional overtime. It is a role that is subjective in terms of personal suitability.
Pros
Generously discounted canteen, good pay and potential benefits.
Cons
Uncertain job security, ridiculously short break times, hit and miss management.