Boston Scientific
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Boston Scientific Employee Reviews in Galway

Galway63 reviews
Great company, great pay and perks, nice working environment and plenty chance to move up and upskill. they really pump money back in to the staff for nice perks like jackets and nights out.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
I can't think of any faults
*. Good environment for work
*. Excellent benefit plan offered

*. People are so friendly and

*. Good culture
It was a nice place and people to work with.Daily challenging and fast pace work environment.
Creative and broad area of work.

People are very helpful.
Enjoyed working her. Great colleagues. Very repetitive day shifts evening shift night shift available. Looks after staff well . Very understanding in relation to time off. Excellent training provided
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Temporary contract
Very political environment, conservative.
Interesting place to work at, relaxed, management not ethical.

Strict procedures as it is a medical company
Great team morale, fast career advancement if you want it. Strong focus on Boston Scientific culture and our impact within the community. Many ways to portray strong work ethic and drive
i loved working here, it was productive and always had something to do but also not too stressful and the people were very nice to work with. i would definitely recommend working here as it has a good salary and good benefits.
Good company to start off with. Gives many things to learn. Have opportunity to learn. Have different technologies and tools. Balanced work culture. Better to join as permanent employee.
I Learned an array of new skills and was able to network with some exceptional people in my time here. The main takeaway from my experience here is the work that goes in, at all levels, to ensure a high quality product can be produced in a timely manner.
Pros

Great work environment, friendly people, competitive benefits

Cons

There are a lot of bosses, so sometimes hard to get clear instructions.
I enjoyed my time in Boston Scientific Galway. Day shift allowed me to have free time to myself after 3pm. Work was very analytical which suited me. Qualtity driven clean room.
Pros
Hours. Quarterly bonus. Canteen breakfast is cheap.
Cons
Lack of communication. Mindset on line.
Great company and great people, work place culture is good.
Benefits include quarterly bonus for PB'S , health insurance when made permanent contract is.
Weak management, not open or truthful. Supervisor hands are tied most of the time. Most people in there are honest hard working people but there are those who slack constantly and get away with it. Very annoying when you're breaking a sweat
Pros
Reasonable money
Cons
A Very nice place to work overall. Your job satisfaction will depend on which of the cleanrooms you are placed into, some rooms are better than others.
pleanty of promotion and development oppertunities. at times they can hire the wrong people into roles, such as quality and line facilitotors. over all its good, id recommend to anyone,
pretty good pay and very safe work environment. quarterly bonus and Christmas vouchers as well. usually start on night shift which you either adapt to or you don't
Pros
bonus and pay are good
Cons
contracts are week to week
Excellent work culture, great work/life balance (Office staff work flexi time). Worked for 8 months as part of a college placement and loved every minute of it.
I worked the night shift for years and then days for the last 2 years. Starting at 06:30am until 14:30pm.

The management has improved over the last two years due to a new people engagement program, I never had any problems with management or getting time off.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep a good posture while trying to make high targets but this is only relevant in certain rooms as I've worked in many, so not always the case. Every room I've worked in also has step rotation.

Best part of the job is the people, including higher management, technicians, trainers and fellow product builders.
High variation of tasks, everyday is different which makes completing work challenging and very rewarding.
Plenty of training courses were available to all employees, such as public speaking, lean manufacturing, excel training, time management & work effectiveness,

Great place to work, manager always gave encouragement and allowed me to work/collaborate with different sectors within the company.
Throughout the duration of my work at Boston Scientific, I gained invaluable experience in the research process and manufacturing of parts for medical trials. The workplace was a vibrant and exciting place and an easy environment to work in.
Pros
A lot of experience gained
Boston Scientific was a fantastic company to work for, I was given great opportunities and gained experience beyond my years with the encouragement and support to do so.