Boston Scientific
Information from Boston Scientific:

Boston Scientific Employee Reviews for Builder

Builder45 reviews
Ireland45 reviews
When I started in BS I loved it was on four 12hour shifts. They cut back my hour because I was eating into my over time, 9hours overtime a week standard. After they cut it back I was in burr plating on my own. They bumped up my numbers that i needed to hit daily with giving me 9 less hours a week, I went to floor manager told him I needed help absolutely no assistance what so ever everyday I'd ask I would get told yea we'll look into that. I ended up walking out as work load was impossible to keep up with.
Pros
Good pay, plenty of over time
Cons
No support from managers or above.
Poor communication with staff. Toxic work environment, concerns not dealt with. Priority given to numbers over quality. Best part of the day was going home.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Undue stress
enjoyed my time, pay good, work not too bad as long as you put your head down and get into it, great people to work with, supervisors only care about numbers, so can be stressful,
While there are a lot of nice people working there, there is a 'paper over the cracks' mentality at the company. Last minute scrambles before audits, purposely lying to auditors and quantity over quality. Also the place is filthy, how they ever passed an audit is beyond me. A cleanroom should be CLEAN!
Enjoyed working her. Great colleagues. Very repetitive day shifts evening shift night shift available. Looks after staff well . Very understanding in relation to time off. Excellent training provided
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Temporary contract
I enjoyed my time in Boston Scientific Galway. Day shift allowed me to have free time to myself after 3pm. Work was very analytical which suited me. Qualtity driven clean room.
Pros
Hours. Quarterly bonus. Canteen breakfast is cheap.
Cons
Lack of communication. Mindset on line.
Boston scientific clonmel are an excellent company to work be aware it is shift work . Supervisors and management very approachable, and very helpful with career progression.
A typical day at work is very busy with targets to be met. I was working in a very fast-paced environment on the line, manufacturing and analysing stents.I was working on two different steps. I learnt how to adapt to different tasks and to work as part of a team. The most enjoyable part of work are the fun colleagues who I was laughing with and making jokes with.
I have had the misfortune of working in Boston scientific.The staff are friendly but the management are rude and completely incompetent.Most product builders are looking for a way out. The culture potrayed by Boston is completely opposite to what it is .Financial awards that staff once got were removed .The bonus is now much harder achieve .Any way they can save money at your expense.Avoid at all cost.
A nice place to work, very fast-paced and keeps you on your feet. Lovely people to work with. The management of the lines could listen a little more to the product builders to ensure the most efficient work being done.
pretty good pay and very safe work environment. quarterly bonus and Christmas vouchers as well. usually start on night shift which you either adapt to or you don't
Pros
bonus and pay are good
Cons
contracts are week to week
I worked the night shift for years and then days for the last 2 years. Starting at 06:30am until 14:30pm.

The management has improved over the last two years due to a new people engagement program, I never had any problems with management or getting time off.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep a good posture while trying to make high targets but this is only relevant in certain rooms as I've worked in many, so not always the case. Every room I've worked in also has step rotation.

Best part of the job is the people, including higher management, technicians, trainers and fellow product builders.
o Observing Special Guidelines and Operating Instructions (SGOI)
o Ensuring clinical hygiene in all aspects of production

o Adhering to excellent clean room practices

o Monitoring and verifying quality excellence in accordance with workmanship standards

o Maintaining good manufacturing practices and following strict safety guidelines at all times
Pros
good team spirit
Cons
on your feet
nice place to work, colleagues are friendly, targets reachable, good canteen, gym, professional place to work, interesting, good to make life changing equipment.
Pros
gym, nice canteen
Cons
could pay better
Worked as a product builder part time
The people that worked on the line were really nice and its like a big family

The supervisors /team leaders have no clue what's happening between them and all tell you different things

No communication whatsoever

They won't be pleased if you don't do overtime and will bring it up in your contract review

Had my phone off and they contacted my emergency Contact to get in touch
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Awful managmet
inspected stents daily. Made great friends, very good work conditions - overtime health care plan. Fitted in very well with family life, weekends off and day time off allowed me to be with my children during the day
Pros
good wage
Cons
monotony
boston Is a fun area to work, great people and good atmosphere. I would not recommend doing night shifts if you have issues with sleep. overall I would recommend it.
Pros
Good money and great people
Cons
bafd hours
I've been working in Cork site for over 10 years, and it's been the worst 10 years of my life. The Only good thing about the job is decent salary, but the culture and management is very bad.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Poor management, backstabbing culture
The work its easy and the conditions of work amazing. Hours may be tricky cope at night shift but manageable during morning and evening shift.
Work environment its complex, there's more sociable workers, more introverted ones and the ones that try to bury you at every corner. By reporting fellow workers, you get the option of climbing the ladder of responsibility, so the person in charge its probably your worst enemy pretending to be your best friend.

Also you are inserted in a random clean room with a random supervisor, so ou may be lucky... Or not, the difference its between going to work on a normal situation under a "normal/good" human being driving you forward and having 8 easy and even enjoyable hours at work, or, going into a bullying life draining 8 hour shift with negative stingy overpowered enforcer, undermining and backstabbing you every step of the way.
Pros
Cheap canten, good wages, good work condition, reliable income and shift/hour padron
Cons
Awfull enviroment.
Nice company to work for , OK benefits , would recommend for a while, culture was good behaviours standards were implemented and in my time there I felt there was a positive change in the workforce.
Pros
money
Cons
small money
Boston are a good company to work for, however the pay is quite poor for this sector and their equipment needs updating. Line management is hit and miss depending on the area.