Boston Scientific Management reviews

Found 32 reviews matching the search See all 1,517 reviews
Placement R&D Engineer (Former Employee) –  Galway, Ireland15 September 2019
High variation of tasks, everyday is different which makes completing work challenging and very rewarding.
Plenty of training courses were available to all employees, such as public speaking, lean manufacturing, excel training, time management & work effectiveness,
Great place to work, manager always gave encouragement and allowed me to work/collaborate with different sectors within the company.
Boston Scientific
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  IE3 April 2019
It was my really first job in Ireland. The people were welcoming and I enjoyed working there. One of the biggest medical device company in Country. Meeting our daily target was a priority without compromising with the quality of the product. Management style was at it highest level, every department had they head of department who reported to the General Manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was having to recall or quality incident. When we are successful in our internal and external audits.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
one hour break
great place to work
Process Technician Des Coatings (Current Employee) –  Galway24 February 2019
Des is a fast moving production envoirnment. Very friendly staff with a high emphasis on accuracy and detail to work. Senior management have always been very approachable and help is always on hand when and if necessary.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
shift work(nights)
Not best place to work
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Cork3 December 2018
I've been working in Cork site for over 10 years, and it's been the worst 10 years of my life. The Only good thing about the job is decent salary, but the culture and management is very bad.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Poor management, backstabbing culture
Educational, Informative and Enjoyable
Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, County Clare6 November 2018
Learned a lot about the medical products made here in Ireland.
Management were always kind and helpful
great work ethic shown by company which was followed by all workers
Would Never go Back
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cork26 September 2018
Awful company to work for, particularly for Quality. Sexist environment with bad benefits and salary. The fight for survival is not worth it for the sake of your mental health. HR is not helpful when dealing with tough situations and management bully you into completing projects poorly just to meet unrealistic deadlines. Full of politics.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Horrible environment
Easy going but behind the curve
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Cork22 August 2018
Boston are a good company to work for, however the pay is quite poor for this sector and their equipment needs updating. Line management is hit and miss depending on the area.
Very good place to work.
Giving raports to supervisor, manager (Former Employee) –  Cork8 April 2018
Great management. Good working houres.Lots of overtime for those who are interested.
Very good atmospere.
Highly recomended for those who wants to learn a lot, fantastic experience.
Good salary, decend work environment.
Product Builder/ Assembly (Former Employee) –  Galway10 February 2018
If you want to work in a monotonous role and be well paid, this is ideal. Choice of shift times and occasional overtime. It is a role that is subjective in terms of personal suitability.
Pros
Generously discounted canteen, good pay and potential benefits.
Cons
Uncertain job security, ridiculously short break times, hit and miss management.
great company
LOGISTIC SHIPPING AGENT (Current Employee) –  Cork14 January 2018
Friendly work environment. Decent superiors. Management are approachable and value your ideas. staff are a diverse friendly bunch. Free health insurance for all permanent employees.
Pros
Nearby
Cons
Could do with more parking spaces
good
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galway10 January 2018
nITs a good place to work overall. It's regular hours, nice people, nice management. Unless someone is sick you're not asked to stay longer than your set hours.
Pros
lunch
Friendly nice place to work
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Galway14 April 2017
My shift starts at 7:30 till 3:30 we get 2 30 minute breaks. The management are great and my colleges in work are very friendly everyone get along together. I've learned alot about the Medical Device industry at Boston Scientific.
Pros
Start times and finish
Cons
No cons as such easy going work atmosphere.
Interesting, engaging work, with friendly colleagues
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Galway12 February 2017
Working in the medical field is some of the most interesting and rewarding work I have ever done. Creating life-changing devices is both fascinating and engaging. Boston Scientific has managed to create an environment where you are aware of the importance of your work, but are able to enjoy it immensely. One of the best aspects to the company is the workplace culture. I worked with a team, and management, who cared about me, and not just the work I did. This kind of personal engagement made me want to work as hard as I could for them. If you want to make a difference to others' lives, but also enjoy day-to-day work, and enjoy being around others, I would certainly recommend a career with this company.
productive
Material Handler, Trainer, (Current Employee) –  Galway29 January 2017
Currently working here it's a good place to work with a well balanced work and life ethic. Rewarded for extra effort. Management are alway hands on as are support staff.
Product builder
Product builder (Former Employee) –  Galway16 January 2017
Early start and worked on the same step for 8 hours a day 5 days Monday to Friday.Supervisor was an absolute tool who was always sneering at us from a distance checking numbers constantly and generally unhelpful to say the least.If there had been cross training it would have improved morale but this was not an option for us as agency workers(ICE) another shower of bloodsuckers.
Pros
Clean, bonus, canteen, co-workers.
Cons
No cross-training, management ignorant, boring repetitive, no chance of advancement from product builder.
Great co-workers and supervisor- bad management
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Galway31 July 2016
12 years in the Galway plant.Was a great place to work not anymore respect for no one hard to get the holidays you want.They just use people now so they don't have to pay proper salary they are even trying to get the Product builders III to do supervisors job for very little extra pay.No matter how much extra work and hours you put in it's all the same outcome when they are finished with you it's back to trying to make things as hard as possible for you in the clean room.And whatever you do don't get sick.Plenty of other good employers in the Galway area now avoid if you want respect as an employee.They are constantly trying to cut costs for people at the bottom scale while management give themselves top bonuses.
Pros
Great co workers and supervisor
Cons
Bad management
Opportunities at work
Supplier Quality Technician II (Former Employee) –  Cork23 June 2016
Great company to work with and to develop a career. Quality system management is highly prioritized as company policy is to improve the quality of patient care. Good experience on how the company continuously improve the quality system. Management is great and supportive, co-workers are always willing to help and easier to work with cross functional department.

Being part of the people that built medical devices and my role in the lifecycle of the production of medical device.
Pros
Great quality system and flexible hours
Cons
Non permanent contract
Productive, Rewarding, Focused workplace, Enjoyable workplace
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Galway9 June 2016
Start each day at set hours. Reach your target each hour while making sure to follow each procedure correctly and efficiently. Learnt a great deal about different medical devices and products. Very rewarding job, Management and co-workers all very friendly and approachable. The hardest part about the job was if some of the machinery on a line was slow so trying to hit the target on time and efficiently however this would not occur often. The most enjoyable part of the job was hitting each target correctly and efficiently.
Pros
Enjoyable, Rewarding
Lovely Place to work
I.C.E. Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Galway6 April 2016
Great management, lovely environment, very little job security though. Work its self is easy. On the job training is handy. Hours are grand too.
Pros
Finishing at 3pm
Cons
Starting at 7am
Supplier Quality
Supplier Quality Technician II (Current Employee) –  Cork21 December 2015
I work on first article activities, acceptance activities, vendor change management and all other product qualification processes including raw material regulated assessment to meet regulatory requirement and directives..
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours and career development
Cons
Limited to less than two years contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.