Boston Scientific
Coronavirus update
Information from Boston Scientific:

Boston Scientific Management reviews

Ireland135 reviews
loved working at Boston Scientific all staff sorry to see them leave Letterkenny great opportunities with them great variety of jobs ,not stuck doing same thing all the time. management very fair , positive workplace culture a little bit of a learning curve at times achieved a lot while there
Pros
we got free lunches
Cons
shift work
The clean room I worked in was extremely competitive, bad atmosphere, different shifts were comstantly bad mouthing the work done by the previous shift. If you get ahead of your required numbers be prepared for your work to be scrutinised down the line, no-one wants to see anyone doing better than them. It might have been different in other clean rooms but i honestly do not have the words to describe how unpleasant my time there was. HR are incompetent, management are so extremely rude and unhelpful. I wouldn't go back to this place if my life depended on it, i actually ended up on antidepressants after 9 months in here.
Pros
Met 1 very good friend
Cons
Every single thing about the place
Poor communication with staff. Toxic work environment, concerns not dealt with. Priority given to numbers over quality. Best part of the day was going home.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Undue stress
enjoyed my time, pay good, work not too bad as long as you put your head down and get into it, great people to work with, supervisors only care about numbers, so can be stressful,
While there are a lot of nice people working there, there is a 'paper over the cracks' mentality at the company. Last minute scrambles before audits, purposely lying to auditors and quantity over quality. Also the place is filthy, how they ever passed an audit is beyond me. A cleanroom should be CLEAN!
Model Farm Road need to treat employees better if they want to retain their staff. It's really a shame because I'd heard so many good things about Boston Scientific, but it's not a good place to work, unfortunately the worst place I've worked in my career so far for a multitude of reasons. Every dept throwing every other dept under the bus, blame game culture, poor wages, crazy expectations. I was expecting more collaboration by far, it was genuinely very surprising considering the reputation.

It's only a small thing but an example would be the political quota seeking by gender in fields with largely male sample leads to hugely unmeritocratic signals being sent out.
Don't get me wrong it's great to work with boys and girls ( I actually hate working with only men or women) but 90% of engineering graduates are male and Management are seeking parity in management level. Most workers don't enjoy the politics that the HR management (another aysemtric gender balanced group that they have no interest in balancing) are proponents of. Their employee feedback surveys conveniently leave out all the real issues which they don't want to hear about rather than actually listening.

Definitively the worst aspect is the management is they hammer people for any missing days regardless of the life circumstance, illness or any reasons. I know one individual who was extremely ill but was then brought into a formal disciplinary action when he came back, a complete waste of time and emotions, and this is very much part of the policies and culture on site and happens far too often. The expectation
 - more...
Very political environment, conservative.
Interesting place to work at, relaxed, management not ethical.
Strict procedures as it is a medical company
Boston scientific clonmel are an excellent company to work be aware it is shift work . Supervisors and management very approachable, and very helpful with career progression.
Weak management, not open or truthful. Supervisor hands are tied most of the time. Most people in there are honest hard working people but there are those who slack constantly and get away with it. Very annoying when you're breaking a sweat
Pros
Reasonable money
Cons
I have had the misfortune of working in Boston scientific.The staff are friendly but the management are rude and completely incompetent.Most product builders are looking for a way out. The culture potrayed by Boston is completely opposite to what it is .Financial awards that staff once got were removed .The bonus is now much harder achieve .Any way they can save money at your expense.Avoid at all cost.
A nice place to work, very fast-paced and keeps you on your feet. Lovely people to work with. The management of the lines could listen a little more to the product builders to ensure the most efficient work being done.
I worked the night shift for years and then days for the last 2 years. Starting at 06:30am until 14:30pm.

The management has improved over the last two years due to a new people engagement program, I never had any problems with management or getting time off.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep a good posture while trying to make high targets but this is only relevant in certain rooms as I've worked in many, so not always the case. Every room I've worked in also has step rotation.

Best part of the job is the people, including higher management, technicians, trainers and fellow product builders.
High variation of tasks, everyday is different which makes completing work challenging and very rewarding.
Plenty of training courses were available to all employees, such as public speaking, lean manufacturing, excel training, time management & work effectiveness,
Great place to work, manager always gave encouragement and allowed me to work/collaborate with different sectors within the company.
It was my really first job in Ireland. The people were welcoming and I enjoyed working there. One of the biggest medical device company in Country. Meeting our daily target was a priority without compromising with the quality of the product. Management style was at it highest level, every department had they head of department who reported to the General Manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was having to recall or quality incident. When we are successful in our internal and external audits.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
one hour break
Des is a fast moving production envoirnment. Very friendly staff with a high emphasis on accuracy and detail to work. Senior management have always been very approachable and help is always on hand when and if necessary.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
shift work(nights)
I've been working in Cork site for over 10 years, and it's been the worst 10 years of my life. The Only good thing about the job is decent salary, but the culture and management is very bad.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Poor management, backstabbing culture
Learned a lot about the medical products made here in Ireland.
Management were always kind and helpful
great work ethic shown by company which was followed by all workers
Awful company to work for, particularly for Quality. Sexist environment with bad benefits and salary. The fight for survival is not worth it for the sake of your mental health. HR is not helpful when dealing with tough situations and management bully you into completing projects poorly just to meet unrealistic deadlines. Full of politics.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Horrible environment
Boston are a good company to work for, however the pay is quite poor for this sector and their equipment needs updating. Line management is hit and miss depending on the area.
Great management. Good working houres.Lots of overtime for those who are interested.
Very good atmospere.

Highly recomended for those who wants to learn a lot, fantastic experience.
If you want to work in a monotonous role and be well paid, this is ideal. Choice of shift times and occasional overtime. It is a role that is subjective in terms of personal suitability.
Pros
Generously discounted canteen, good pay and potential benefits.
Cons
Uncertain job security, ridiculously short break times, hit and miss management.