Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific Employee Review

View all Boston Scientific reviews

Good place to work.
Designated trainer, Product Builder. (Former Employee) –  Galway17 September 2019
I worked the night shift for years and then days for the last 2 years. Starting at 06:30am until 14:30pm.

The management has improved over the last two years due to a new people engagement program, I never had any problems with management or getting time off.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep a good posture while trying to make high targets but this is only relevant in certain rooms as I've worked in many, so not always the case. Every room I've worked in also has step rotation.

Best part of the job is the people, including higher management, technicians, trainers and fellow product builders.

Other Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

great working environment
Medical Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ballybrit, County Galway12 February 2020
I worked on a production line that manufactured stents. The first task was to clean our working area because it was a clean room environment. This was done three times a day. The type of stent we made on our line (tracheobronchial) was for the throat and lungs. The stents were to assist cancer patients and make it more comfortable for them to eat and breath.
Nearly three thousand people worked there but I worked with a team of 18 people. My job was operating a machine that attached the stent on to the deployment shaft. This required close concentration because an easy deployment by a surgeon later was essential, so this required frequent tests and inspections by us. I worked with a group of people on my line that were always helpful, professional and friendly for many years and the only reason I left was for personal reasons to move to Dublin
Poor management
Product Builder/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Galway11 February 2020
Weak management, not open or truthful. Supervisor hands are tied most of the time. Most people in there are honest hard working people but there are those who slack constantly and get away with it. Very annoying when you're breaking a sweat
Pros
Reasonable money
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.