Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

great working environment
I worked on a production line that manufactured stents. The first task was to clean our working area because it was a clean room environment. This was done three times a day. The type of stent we made on our line (tracheobronchial) was for the throat and lungs. The stents were to assist cancer patients and make it more comfortable for them to eat and breath.
Nearly three thousand people worked there but I worked with a team of 18 people. My job was operating a machine that attached the stent on to the deployment shaft. This required close concentration because an easy deployment by a surgeon later was essential, so this required frequent tests and inspections by us. I worked with a group of people on my line that were always helpful, professional and friendly for many years and the only reason I left was for personal reasons to move to Dublin
productive
the company is well organised, training the interns on the first day by certifying them in manual handling, proper hygiene procedures and other important tasks
Pros
good pay
Cons
non
Boston Scientific
It was my really first job in Ireland. The people were welcoming and I enjoyed working there. One of the biggest medical device company in Country. Meeting our daily target was a priority without compromising with the quality of the product. Management style was at it highest level, every department had they head of department who reported to the General Manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was having to recall or quality incident. When we are successful in our internal and external audits.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
one hour break
Busy, fast paced environment
Great place to work - great colleagues. Lots of opportunities for advancement and further education. I undertook many further ed courses during my employment there.
great place to work
Des is a fast moving production envoirnment. Very friendly staff with a high emphasis on accuracy and detail to work. Senior management have always been very approachable and help is always on hand when and if necessary.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
shift work(nights)
Productive and Good workplace
Good workplace very well motivated, not a very stressful workplace. Friendly place to work very welcoming, lots of societies also to get more involved within the workplace.
productive & fun
inspected stents daily. Made great friends, very good work conditions - overtime health care plan. Fitted in very well with family life, weekends off and day time off allowed me to be with my children during the day
Pros
good wage
Cons
monotony
boston
boston Is a fun area to work, great people and good atmosphere. I would not recommend doing night shifts if you have issues with sleep. overall I would recommend it.
Pros
Good money and great people
Cons
bafd hours
Not best place to work
I've been working in Cork site for over 10 years, and it's been the worst 10 years of my life. The Only good thing about the job is decent salary, but the culture and management is very bad.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Poor management, backstabbing culture
Boston Scientific is a good place to work, has a good working environment and the company is very good to its employees. The pay is okay but is offset by good benefits and bonuses.
i loved it
very good place to work .
i worked there for 8 months and would love to go back.

they have a coffee shop which i liked

and they have free parking too.
Educational, Informative and Enjoyable
Learned a lot about the medical products made here in Ireland.
Management were always kind and helpful

great work ethic shown by company which was followed by all workers
Working as part of the internal quality systems team in ensuring a high level of Regulatory compliance is maintained throughout the plant. Assisting in reviewing and auditing internal documents that are subject to external review by regulatory bodies such as the FDA
Would Never go Back
Awful company to work for, particularly for Quality. Sexist environment with bad benefits and salary. The fight for survival is not worth it for the sake of your mental health. HR is not helpful when dealing with tough situations and management bully you into completing projects poorly just to meet unrealistic deadlines. Full of politics.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Horrible environment
Good income, awfull managment
The work its easy and the conditions of work amazing. Hours may be tricky cope at night shift but manageable during morning and evening shift.
Work environment its complex, there's more sociable workers, more introverted ones and the ones that try to bury you at every corner. By reporting fellow workers, you get the option of climbing the ladder of responsibility, so the person in charge its probably your worst enemy pretending to be your best friend.

Also you are inserted in a random clean room with a random supervisor, so ou may be lucky... Or not, the difference its between going to work on a normal situation under a "normal/good" human being driving you forward and having 8 easy and even enjoyable hours at work, or, going into a bullying life draining 8 hour shift with negative stingy overpowered enforcer, undermining and backstabbing you every step of the way.
Pros
Cheap canten, good wages, good work condition, reliable income and shift/hour padron
Cons
Awfull enviroment.
Good for a while
Nice company to work for , OK benefits , would recommend for a while, culture was good behaviours standards were implemented and in my time there I felt there was a positive change in the workforce.
Pros
money
Cons
small money
good place to work
It was a fun place to work, regular hours, chance for overtime every now and again was welcomed.
Good social network of people made to repetitive work less mundane.
Easy going but behind the curve
Boston are a good company to work for, however the pay is quite poor for this sector and their equipment needs updating. Line management is hit and miss depending on the area.
Stabilny
Wygodne miejsce pracy.
System zmian ( 5x8, 4x10, 3x12, weekendy)
Pros
zarobki
Cons
brak mozliwosci awansu
Great place to learn
Great place to learn about the industry as the company is well established. The benefits are good; however the salary is not. Great working environment.
Pleasant place to work
after being fully trained in all aspects in the production of medical device I was then requested to test completed devices for leaks . Problems arose in this section and I suggested ways to eliminate these problems which were implemented. The hardest part of the Job was having to stop work due to machine failure or other aspect beyond my control. I did not like idleness and often requested to assist others.
Pros
Relaxed non hurried workplace
Cons
Pressure to avoid human errors and to be absolutely perfect each time