Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Found 114 reviews matching the search See all 1,598 reviews
productive
Material Handler, Trainer, (Current Employee) –  Galway29 January 2017
Currently working here it's a good place to work with a well balanced work and life ethic. Rewarded for extra effort. Management are alway hands on as are support staff.
very enjoyable and pro active place to work
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Cork28 January 2017
very enjoyable and pro active place to work with friendly staff and also good working facilities available for those who wish to use them.
Great Place to work
Quality Technician - Projects (Former Employee) –  Galway19 January 2017
Boston Scientific is a good company with career progression prospects if you are in the right team or get a good mentor. It's also about your own initiative to approach your superiors and let them know what your ambition and what career path you wish to take, and they will support you.
Like any other place you get good and bad managers/supervisors with different leadership styles and qualities but it is knowing how to deal with each character - mainly just focus on your goal.
Great workplace culture of quality excellence and diversity
Some tasks can be challenging but it's a learning curve
Most enjoyable part of the job was dynamism no day was the same I learnt new things everyday.
Product builder
Product builder (Former Employee) –  Galway16 January 2017
Early start and worked on the same step for 8 hours a day 5 days Monday to Friday.Supervisor was an absolute tool who was always sneering at us from a distance checking numbers constantly and generally unhelpful to say the least.If there had been cross training it would have improved morale but this was not an option for us as agency workers(ICE) another shower of bloodsuckers.
Pros
Clean, bonus, canteen, co-workers.
Cons
No cross-training, management ignorant, boring repetitive, no chance of advancement from product builder.
Graduate Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary16 January 2017
A lot of products are being manufactured so this place is very productive. Work is quite easy, a lot of training are taking place. A lot of job rotation
Grate place to work
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Cork28 December 2016
I am currently working in Boston Scientific, I have gained valuable experience working here. It is a fun place to work and has a great team atmosphere.
work place
Cleanroom Operator (Current Employee) –  Galway29 August 2016
good place to work as there is a good working environment and the salary is good. Canteen facilities are very good. Boston is a big company with with a lot of staff
Pros
big canteen for lunch breaks
Cons
Great co-workers and supervisor- bad management
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Galway31 July 2016
12 years in the Galway plant.Was a great place to work not anymore respect for no one hard to get the holidays you want.They just use people now so they don't have to pay proper salary they are even trying to get the Product builders III to do supervisors job for very little extra pay.No matter how much extra work and hours you put in it's all the same outcome when they are finished with you it's back to trying to make things as hard as possible for you in the clean room.And whatever you do don't get sick.Plenty of other good employers in the Galway area now avoid if you want respect as an employee.They are constantly trying to cut costs for people at the bottom scale while management give themselves top bonuses.
Pros
Great co workers and supervisor
Cons
Bad management
Opportunities at work
Supplier Quality Technician II (Former Employee) –  Cork23 June 2016
Great company to work with and to develop a career. Quality system management is highly prioritized as company policy is to improve the quality of patient care. Good experience on how the company continuously improve the quality system. Management is great and supportive, co-workers are always willing to help and easier to work with cross functional department.

Being part of the people that built medical devices and my role in the lifecycle of the production of medical device.
Pros
Great quality system and flexible hours
Cons
Non permanent contract
Productive, Rewarding, Focused workplace, Enjoyable workplace
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Galway9 June 2016
Start each day at set hours. Reach your target each hour while making sure to follow each procedure correctly and efficiently. Learnt a great deal about different medical devices and products. Very rewarding job, Management and co-workers all very friendly and approachable. The hardest part about the job was if some of the machinery on a line was slow so trying to hit the target on time and efficiently however this would not occur often. The most enjoyable part of the job was hitting each target correctly and efficiently.
Pros
Enjoyable, Rewarding
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Cork30 May 2016
It was a good company to work for, learned many important things for the manufacturing industry and had a high level of training there. Quality was to a very high standard and it should me the importance of this in my work.
Pros
Good people, fun place to work and helped me get good experience in industry
Cons
I suppose the oppourtunities to progress my carreer
Lovely Place to work
I.C.E. Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Galway6 April 2016
Great management, lovely environment, very little job security though. Work its self is easy. On the job training is handy. Hours are grand too.
Pros
Finishing at 3pm
Cons
Starting at 7am
Supplier Quality
Supplier Quality Technician II (Current Employee) –  Cork21 December 2015
I work on first article activities, acceptance activities, vendor change management and all other product qualification processes including raw material regulated assessment to meet regulatory requirement and directives..
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours and career development
Cons
Limited to less than two years contract
Focused, enjoyable, diligent environment
Quality Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Cork11 November 2015
A fantastic working atmosphere within the company. All individuals highly skilled at their specific roles, and more importantly always willing to take time a help others.
spot on
general operative (Former Employee) –  Cork10 November 2015
excellent place to work and grow with it. dedicated company to putting quality first in everything they do. you consistently need to pay close attention to detail.
Generally good place to work
Assistant II, Administrative - Quality Dept (Former Employee) –  Cork7 October 2015
Ran smoothly and as a well oiled machine. Very Strong Quality ethos. Tried hard to have work/life balance.
I was involved in projects which gave me a diverse view and cross-functional abilities,
I loved being the Go to, trusted person on site
I very much enjoyed my time in Boston Scientific
Pros
Benefits, team, projects, canteen
Cons
Long hours for full time employees at times
Productive and fun place to work.
New Product Development (Current Employee) –  Galway. Ireland17 September 2015
Boston Scientific have given me the opportunity to switch careers from Information Technology to Medical Device Research and Development.
Pros
A facility which really makes a difference to peoples health and wellbeing.
Cons
None.
Praca, w której poznałam wielu fantastycznych i życzliwych ludzi
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Cork, Irlandia14 September 2015
Sympatyczni ludzie, którzy zawsze sa otwarci na pomoc. Jasne zasady i obowiazki przez co praca jest przyjemniejsza i mniej stresująca.
Najtrudniejsze były audytu zewnetrzne, kontrole np. TUV,
Najprzyjemniejsze piątki, pół dnia pracy.
Pros
bonusy kwartalne, imprezy firmowe, imprezy dla rodzin z dziećmi, zarobki
Cons
monotonia pracy, małe możliwości rozwoju
Reasonable place to work with good bonus packages. Job security a big issue
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Galway, G24 August 2015
Worked on a production line producing catheters. I learned a good deal about the health issues that boston scientific deal with. My management pushed us hard to reach targets but I had no issue with my management team. I felt I had a good relationship with them. My co-workers were hard working and made it an easy going place to work. The hardest part of the job was being on the same step day in day out without being cross trained on another step. * hours every day on the same step was demoralising. The bonuses was a huge incentive.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
LAck of cross training
A workplace that allows growth
Electronic and Equipment Engineer, Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Galway, Ireland17 August 2015
This company was a pleasant place to work, thanks to the flexible hours I could plan my week the way I had to and the workflow was steady and continuous. The people working in the company were very resourceful and working in a team environment with them was a pleasure. The same goes for the management, which thanks to the approach, allowed to focus on the necessary things at hand.
I can not think what I would consider as the hardest part of work, but the most enjoyable part of work was the communication with the people I worked with.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Benefits, A lot of company events.
Cons
Sometimes long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.