Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Found 114 reviews matching the search See all 1,600 reviews
fun secure workplace
asset management officer (Former Employee) –  Cork17 August 2015
not much work load pretty boring over all, Lack of driven management with little enjoyment levels among staff. Room for improvement
good workplace with good benefits
Assisting engineers, product builder (Former Employee) –  Galway, Ireland30 July 2015
i enjoyed my 9 years working here as i had many different roles to fullfill daily. meeting different people and made amny friends during my time there.
Pros
health insurance
Rewarding and interesting
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Cork,Ireland25 June 2015
I enjoyed working in Boston Scientific. It was a very interesting experience and working in the medical device sector gave me job satisfaction. I learned a lot about this sector and gained valuable experience and skills to hopefully work in a similar sector in the future. I had a great relationship with my management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable for me. This was maintaining the highest level of quality needed to work in the final inspection area of the production line for the product our team was building.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Working through an agency
Productive & efficient workplace
Validation (Former Employee) –  Ballybrit, Galway29 April 2015
A typical day centered around various tasks related to the main project, for me it was focused on PC hard and soft ware builds.
Product Builder
Production associate (Former Employee) –  CORK10 April 2015
THE WORST place I have ever worked!! I had the misfortune of working in Boston Scientific Cork through an agency as a product builder for 2 years. From the moment we started we were treated like second class citizens because we were agency workers. We were always pushed harder than the full time employees. We were expected,not asked, to do overtime. From the moment you got in, they would work you to the bone, and even then they still weren't happy! The daily and hourly targets were ridiculously high, and the work environment was horrible. Claustrophobic clean rooms with no natural light 8 hours a day. We had the luxury of a radio no one could ever hear. The work was incredibly monotonous, but worst of all were the senior staff. We were looked down on, and made to feel bout 2 feet tall. We weren't allowed talk to each other even as we worked. I remember thinking, I would have had a better life in prison.

Discrimination is rampant in Boston Scientific Cork against agency staff. We were in there, doing the same work as the full time product builders and following the same rules and procedures. But we got no entitlements whatsoever. I have seen how they treat their full time employees and I was foolish to think they would treat agency employees better! This company are taking total advantage of peoples desperation for employment, and therefore think they can treat people whatever way they deem fit. They get agency workers in, use them, abuse them, and get rid of them without any remorse or loyalty whatsoever.

I like to believe that we live in an Ireland where everyone is treated
  more... equally, where all citizens have rights. After my time in Boston Scientific Cork,I'm not so sure.... AVOID!!  less
Pros
Cons
How long do you have??
Very professional and clean place to work
Product Builder II (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, Ireland3 April 2015
Each person has several certifications for various positions. By this work is varied. The staff are friendly and cheerful. And this is the best thing at Boston Scientific. The work is not hard, but it requires concentration and precision. I would recommend this employer.
Pros
People, nice food in cantine
Cons
long hours on microscope can damage eyesign
Professional, fast paced, highly organised
Senior Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Galway11 March 2015
A very well balanced work environment, although high paced the organisational structure ensures timelines are met if not beaten
Pros
Canteen, Bonus, Health care
Cons
High paced at times
Hard working but enjoyable
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Galway26 February 2015
Very exciting and Dynamic place to work with lots of perks.
Very diverse work load
It's never a dull day when on the floor, exciting and challenging
Pros
Great people
Cons
Training
Nice place to work
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Galway26 February 2015
Best factory I have worked in. Very fair. Nice supervisor. Pity there is not more job certainty. Much better than other multi nationals I have worked for in Galway.
Pros
Bonus every 3 months for attendance
Cons
No security for temps
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, TA3 February 2015
I worked shift work: 8:00am - 16:15, 16:15-1:30.
Worked on inspection fast paced to meet hourly targets, using a microscope. Used data entry skills on computers to sign off on all units inspected. I worked efficiently with a large team to complete monthly goals (20-30 team members in hybrid section).
Pros
No weekend work unless you wanted to do overtime
Cons
Looking through a miscroscope for 7-8 hours per day
very productive and rewarding workplace
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Cork, C12 January 2015
making, inspecting and packaging medical devices to a very high standard in a great team environment.
Pros
near to home and flexible hours
A great team
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Galway City, Ireland12 March 2014
I worked at Boston fro 10 years, made great friends, worked well with people from all walks of life. It was a pleasure to go to work each day. The pay was very good, the bonuses nice, and I felt like it was a very professional place to work. I never had any benefits issues, and most matters regarding personnel were handled in a timely fashion.
Wish there was one near to me where I could transfer, but am seeking employment in a new place due to moving away.
Pros
The on site cafeteria was wonderful for hot meals.
Cons
The hours were lon gnad ti was a long commute for me.
Learning and Training
Supplier Quality Project Technician (Current Employee) –  Cork, Ireland10 February 2014
Learning culture is really encouraging because my colleagues are supportive. We always work as team and share knowledge under the SOP, Work Instruction relevant to any responsibility assigned. The Incredible personal development plan, with facilities in identify the areas one which to develop on. I have learnt how to use SAP, CATSweb which is a document management system and PDM. Now receiving training in process validation, FAI and lean/six sigma project and related quality tools necessary to function in vendor engineering department. I was working on a global project for the supplier’s quality department and contributed to continue improvement to reduce time and waste of resources. The hardest part of the job is when I want more challenging role but this is now resolved. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility in participating in other project that interest me. I am currently now working closely with the vendor engineers in VCAF protocols i.e. CMA, FAI, process verification/validation, testing, sterilisation until the change is implemented with the supply chain.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Flaxible hours
productive and fun to work there.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Boston, cork city7 February 2014
Great place to work.Co-workers were friendly and helpful.I learned a lot.
Great Place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cork, C2 February 2014
Boston Scientific, Cork is a great place to work, with opportunities to develop skills through Development Assignment contracts designed to encourage promotion from within.
Pros
Healthcare, pension, subsidised canteen
Cons
It was a second family to me.
Supervisor. (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny20 September 2013
No one day was the same, job varied quite a bit.

The company valued all of the workers.If you put the work in you got the rewards you deserved.

The management worked as a team and the results showed.

I had 12 people reporting in to me and we all pulled together to get the job done.

.I had a responsibility and the hardest part was not to let myself or anyone down.

All of it was enjoyable. This was easily the best employer I ever worked for. They were very much family orientated.
Pros
They rewarded there staff and family, e.g Christmas parties for staff and partners, bonuses annually.
Cons
At times long days and evenings.
Excellent workplace
Production Technician and Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cork, IE3 September 2013
I worked here at a time of transition when overtime was widely available. This suited my situation at the time.
Pros
Excellent supervisor
Cons
Low pay and no chance of permanent position
boring and unfriendly
general operative (Former Employee) –  clonmel5 April 2013
shift work which is very hard, not ambitious work, boring, working under pressure because of targets, menagement treats operators in different way then people working in the offices
Pros
cheap lunches, bonuses, insurance
Cons
night shift
met great friends
product builder (Former Employee) –  cork28 February 2013
A typical was working hard all day but enjoying the banter around the floor all day . Break time was a good time to rest , eat and catch up with the girls .I enjoyed working for Boston Scientific .
Great place to work, busy busy but enjoyable
Operations trainer (Former Employee) –  Galway21 February 2013
Provide on the job training. Daily review meetings with Production managers. Document all training records using training record system. Evaluate trainees progress weekly and report to department managers. On a daily basis, measure hourly targets, yields and input to LPS system. Part of a continuous improvement project.
Pros
recognition to employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.