BoyleSports

BoyleSports Employee Reviews

Ireland57 reviews
Secure job with minimal promotion opportunities
13 hour shifts
Abuse from customers physical and verbal is regular occurrences not enough support for staff when such things happen,single manning which is borderline illegal
Pros
Can work a 4 day week if manager
Cons
Aggressive abusive customers lack of experienced staff across the whole retail sector
Very Productive and Enjoyable work environment
A typical day at work is very fast paced and enjoyable, between the customers and my colleagues a day flies by while working hard.
My computer literacy has gotten better while my social speaking skills have also improved. Management are very easy to deal with and easily contacted between phone or email and if they miss a call they usually get back straight as they can.

The hardest part of my job is living so far away from it other than that it is very satisfying to work with this company.

The customers and my hard working colleagues are posibly the most enjoyable part of my job.
Dependent on location, can be brilliant place to work
Working in Boylesports can be a difficult task, however if surrounded by good staff this can be a great place to work. Good staff make the difference between a productive or under performing business.
Decent easy work for not bad pay
Decent easy work for not bad pay. Very good if you're interested in sports. Other staff normally create a good environment.But to the company you're just a number. Depending on which shop or area and how many staff they have in that shop, you could be stuck for hours or could be working 6day weeks with little to show for it.
stressful and dangerous
some days were good some were bad but it was stressful most days and there was no security in most shops that really needed it. Dirty needles and drug users were in the shop at all times and there was no protection for staff.
Not worth it
Get paid extra €1 for working Sunday , tills are slow, either have 13 hour shift or 8 hours and don’t get paid for you’re breaks when you often don’t get them .. often worked 13 hours on my own and couldn’t even leave The shop for a few minutes to get myself food.. I will never work here again and I beg people not to ever work for such a ungrateful company
Flexible hours but long.
Busy stressful fun . No place to really eat food. Finish at 930 every night.
Not enough pay to justify what you are expected to know or deal with it. The more customers moan the more staff give in to them. People that work here have to think quick and serve quick . It is a more skilled job than working in a bank but with a lot less money and a lot more stress.
Pros
Flexibility on days off
Cons
Pay, hours.
n/a
very longs house usually 13 hour shifts , 2 of them done a week and two 9 hour shifts which would be a regular week ,some time would have to do 3 long shifts which is tough on the body
Horrible working environment.
Worked to the bone for low income. Missed out on every holiday or family oaccasion even after giving months of notice to have it off and being hired on part time basis. Ended up working way over the average working weeks hours. No lunch breaks and not paid for them. In store management was horrible. Would not reccomend working here. Long 13 hour days.
fun work place
I don't think bookies should be able to opperate to the level at which they do in Ireland as many of the custmoers of the company have gambling addictions.
Worst company to work for
I’ve never seen a worse run business in my life, all about customers they don’t care about the staff at all they won’t pay us close to competitors expect you to work on your own for the day not being able to access the bathroom freely with no extra pay and certainly no thanks! They send you from shop to shop without asking! Any problems they fob off to other regional managers no one wanting to be bothered it’s an absolute joke of a company and my advice would be stay well clear of Boyle sports unless you want to be treated like a dog
South east
Dont care about their staff at all once they have customers in the shop they dont care
No staff safety at all

The only good thing about this job is the customers
Simply put it very close to modern day slavery
The job advancent stars on this are misleading, you have advancement because if you last 6 months in a shop you could well be the manager by default because everyone else has left due to the horrendous condition, almost all of the canteens in the shops are in the toilet so you can eat your sandwiches while your colleagues do their business. Third world stuff Ridiculous long shifts, 13hours day but the expected opening and closing of the shop can take longer possibly a 14 hour day, you will not be paid for overtime in this respect. Staff shortage is extreme so they expect you to travel country to different shops at drop of a hat, cover shops alone, this means no regular toilet or lunch breaks when your alone. Standerds expected are high but lack of staff to train prevents this. Abuse from customers is simply laughed at by higher management
Absolute Cretins
Small number of decent collegues, new employees expected to work 6 night a week, wages are so bad. Upper management are just tossers and no help given, I don't know how this company get away with their lack of breaks, single manning for 12 hour days and the general disregard for staff safety.
Normal day at work
Staff didn’t take much time to help you as they weren’t being paid to train you but they still had to sign off on slips and also they we’re inconsiderate with lunch times, if you worked till 9:30 you could be sent on lunch at 3 or 4 having only started at 1 o’clock.
fun workplace
Busy work environment but enjoyable! Got to met very charismatic individuals both working and serving! Could be very strenuous at the times but worth it.
Busy, Rewarding Workplace
Very Busy place to work, very eye opening about the world of the bookmakers. Very fulfilling place to work at times but some days can be long and very boring, Very nice days if you are deeply interested in horse and greyhound racing.
Pros
kind staff
Cons
long hours, little bonus
Horrific
Disgraceful wage bar the fast you work 50+ hours a week and are hounded on days off. No security. No staff appreciation. Most possibly the worst company to work for. The only thing that is half decent is the staff WITHIN the shops is what keeps the place going. Management do not care whatsoever. No social life as you're doing 12 hour shifts
Pros
Some decent people work within shops
Cons
Everything else
Productive hard work
for being away from where I live was complicated because of taking the first bus in the morning, or picking up the last one to go home when I decided to go to work at night to advance the work the other day. was a good experience, for being my first in town, so I was able to learn to get around here and do a good job of cleaner. knowing a new work environment.
Pros
nothing
Cons
far way for my home
fun place to work
very long hours, 13 hour days
hard to balance business and pleasure

made great friends working here, higher up management can be difficult to get on with
Pros
good christmas bonus
Productive place
Boylesports is a great place to work and there is lots of job opportunities with the company to further your career. The hours can be long at times but over all its a brilliant company to work for.
Pros
very flexible with hours
Cons
long hours when your a manager