BoyleSports
BoyleSports Employee Review

Simply put it very close to modern day slavery

22 September 2019
The job advancent stars on this are misleading, you have advancement because if you last 6 months in a shop you could well be the manager by default because everyone else has left due to the horrendous condition, almost all of the canteens in the shops are in the toilet so you can eat your sandwiches while your colleagues do their business. Third world stuff Ridiculous long shifts, 13hours day but the expected opening and closing of the shop can take longer possibly a 14 hour day, you will not be paid for overtime in this respect. Staff shortage is extreme so they expect you to travel country to different shops at drop of a hat, cover shops alone, this means no regular toilet or lunch breaks when your alone. Standerds expected are high but lack of staff to train prevents this. Abuse from customers is simply laughed at by higher management
8 August 2020
Same role
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) - County Tipperary
Low pay, treated like you are children by management, you are literally just a number to this company they’d replace you and not think twice, don’t appreciate anything you do are always expecting more.
Pros
It pays the bills barely at that.
Cons
Working most weekends, low pay, treated like children
31 March 2020
Same role
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) - Ballymahon, County Longford
A typical day at work is very fast paced and enjoyable, between the customers and my colleagues a day flies by while working hard.
My computer literacy has gotten better while my social speaking skills have also improved. Management are very easy to deal with and easily contacted between phone or email and if they miss a call they usually get back straight as they can.

The hardest part of my job is living so far away from it other than that it is very satisfying to work with this company.

The customers and my hard working colleagues are posibly the most enjoyable part of my job.
16 September 2015
Same location
Cashier (Former Employee) - Tralee, KY
I enjoyed working in the betting shop as i have a very keen interest in sports i was lucky as i got on with all my co-workers.I went straight from school into the job and believe it has giving me great life experience.The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that more or less every bet was sports related because i have a huge interest is sports.My least favorite part of the job was working evenings as you wouldn't leave work till nearly 10.00pm.