BoyleSports

BoyleSports Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin16 reviews
Rubbish company to work for. Stay well clear. If you're interested in football and horse racing you might enjoy working there. I'd rather watch paint dry than working for this joke of a company again.
Pros
Stay well away from this company, Staff are not valued/appreciated for their work, managers deal with situations in an unprofessional manner, sick days your more likely to get a disciplinary than to be asked if you're okay. They overwork you to the backbone for very little pay and no staff incentive, you dont get thanked for nothing and I've worked with a lot of staff and a lot of high up managers that just literally do nothing but talk and give out about each other. I wouldnt reccomend this company to anyone
Pros
Made me more confident confronting people, I had to confront both management and customer.
Cons
Horrible company, 12/13 hour shifts, Managers/Staffing managers think theyre above you and can talk to you how they like, very low pay for the work and shifts done, instead of giving like double pay for a sunday they give you a tenth, literally an extra €1 for every hour worked, sometimes youve to go without a break and very undertrained staff!
worked here for a number of years full time. Used to close at 6.30pm during "winter hours" which was perfect but once the long 13hour shifts were introduced it was time to move on. Left working alone with no breaks if a colleague was out sick. "Canteen" had a stool, kettle and microwave all right beside the toilet. Barely any room to move. Staff are not looked after. All about the money
Pros
hours will suit students/evening/weekends
Cons
long 13hour shifts/no breaks/very high turnover of staff
13 hour shifts
Abuse from customers physical and verbal is regular occurrences not enough support for staff when such things happen,single manning which is borderline illegal
Pros
Can work a 4 day week if manager
Cons
Aggressive abusive customers lack of experienced staff across the whole retail sector
I don't think bookies should be able to opperate to the level at which they do in Ireland as many of the custmoers of the company have gambling addictions.
Small number of decent collegues, new employees expected to work 6 night a week, wages are so bad. Upper management are just tossers and no help given, I don't know how this company get away with their lack of breaks, single manning for 12 hour days and the general disregard for staff safety.
Didn't like working there.hours were unbearably long left alone Manning the shop at late hours.little things like been taking for granted,drunk people verbally attacking you with no support whatsoever.absolute nightmare at times.wages are poor the long shifts are brutal and nobody cares.
Cons
Wage is very low considering the situations staff have to deal with, especially shop managers who have have a heavy work load with little to no thanks
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Long days & low wage
Worst job i've ever endured. It is a never ending pit of despair and 13 hour shifts without a break. Would rather be unemployed than have to sit in a shack full of zombie people on minimum wage and being treated like a performing monkey for the hierarchy of boylesports and all the crab people inside.
Pros
Free bottles of perfume off the creeps
Cons
longer than my life expectancy
Very bad place to work in from the top down there pure evil they rip of there customers and horrible to there staff and regional manager for north Dublin lady is a horrible
Cons
No interest in staff wellbeing, no bonuses/Christmas partys/incentives.

No appreciation of staff completely customer focused company.

Go against management and they'll find a way to get rid of you.

Staff safety constantly put at risk
Pros
Flexible days
Cons
Long hours 13 hour shifts with no breaks sometimes
A company run by monkeys. Boylesports exists only to serve hordes of mindless mud people. This company contributes nothing to society, it's only use being that it acts as a central hub for junkies and soon to be corpses. The money is pitiful. The benefits are none. The hours are inhuman. I would rather eat buckets of paint while being beat with a hurley for 13 hours a day than sit in a Boylesports shop and have to deal with the fat morons than infest this abyss of despair and hatred. Free coffee all the same.
Pros
Met some good people within the staff.
Cons
A cons list would be longer than the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
I learnt the skills of keeping a garden tidy and how to handle the tools correctly.
The management i got on very well with and she was very pleased.

The hardest part was trying to do it in the lasing rain and strong winds.

The most part i enjoyed was planting and weeding.
Boylesports is a faced paced gambling environment which comes with both, challenges and triumphs. I am really enjoying my time working here.
Great job and some great individuals working in there. Very helpful staff and a pleasant atmosphere. Manager was really nice, I learned a lot from others and I've had a very pleasant time working there.
long days but days off in between shifts break it up nicely.
improved maths skills

friendly team

cash management

meeting new people
Pros
team work