BoyleSports

BoyleSports Employee Reviews for Deputy Manager

Low pay, treated like you are children by management, you are literally just a number to this company they’d replace you and not think twice, don’t appreciate anything you do are always expecting more.
Pros
It pays the bills barely at that.
Cons
Working most weekends, low pay, treated like children
A typical day at work is very fast paced and enjoyable, between the customers and my colleagues a day flies by while working hard. My computer literacy has gotten better while my social speaking skills have also improved. Management are very easy to deal with and easily contacted between phone or email and if they miss a call they usually get back straight as they can. The hardest part of my job is living so far away from it other than that it is very satisfying to work with this company. The customers and my hard working colleagues are posibly the most enjoyable part of my job.
Working in Boylesports can be a difficult task, however if surrounded by good staff this can be a great place to work. Good staff make the difference between a productive or under performing business.
Get paid extra €1 for working Sunday , tills are slow, either have 13 hour shift or 8 hours and don’t get paid for you’re breaks when you often don’t get them .. often worked 13 hours on my own and couldn’t even leave The shop for a few minutes to get myself food.. I will never work here again and I beg people not to ever work for such a ungrateful company
very longs house usually 13 hour shifts , 2 of them done a week and two 9 hour shifts which would be a regular week ,some time would have to do 3 long shifts which is tough on the body
Worked to the bone for low income. Missed out on every holiday or family oaccasion even after giving months of notice to have it off and being hired on part time basis. Ended up working way over the average working weeks hours. No lunch breaks and not paid for them. In store management was horrible. Would not reccomend working here. Long 13 hour days.
I don't think bookies should be able to opperate to the level at which they do in Ireland as many of the custmoers of the company have gambling addictions.
I’ve never seen a worse run business in my life, all about customers they don’t care about the staff at all they won’t pay us close to competitors expect you to work on your own for the day not being able to access the bathroom freely with no extra pay and certainly no thanks! They send you from shop to shop without asking! Any problems they fob off to other regional managers no one wanting to be bothered it’s an absolute joke of a company and my advice would be stay well clear of Boyle sports unless you want to be treated like a dog
The job advancent stars on this are misleading, you have advancement because if you last 6 months in a shop you could well be the manager by default because everyone else has left due to the horrendous condition, almost all of the canteens in the shops are in the toilet so you can eat your sandwiches while your colleagues do their business. Third world stuff Ridiculous long shifts, 13hours day but the expected opening and closing of the shop can take longer possibly a 14 hour day, you will not be paid for overtime in this respect. Staff shortage is extreme so they expect you to travel country to different shops at drop of a hat, cover shops alone, this means no regular toilet or lunch breaks when your alone. Standerds expected are high but lack of staff to train prevents this. Abuse from customers is simply laughed at by higher management
very long hours, 13 hour days hard to balance business and pleasure made great friends working here, higher up management can be difficult to get on with
Pros
good christmas bonus
Cons
Boylesports is a great place to work and there is lots of job opportunities with the company to further your career. The hours can be long at times but over all its a brilliant company to work for.
Pros
very flexible with hours
Cons
long hours when your a manager
During my time working for boyles I was with the company 4+ years and received a pay rise of 10 cent per hour the only rise in my time with the company! The hours are long and get thrown into different shops on a daily basis it can be dangerous customers can be very aggressive we get no support from regionals if we are genuinely sick we are told to find our own cover. There is no prospects they give u plenty more work with little or no benefits staff are not nearly trained enough and are expected to train new comers. Most shops don’t have areas for lunch for staff.
Cons
Long hours no thanks!!
While working there our customer base increased by 20%. I was lucky to have a strong manager who supported me and any training I had to do, because of his leadership I was very willing to cover shifts, come in on days off or learn extra tasks to decrease his workload.
Worst job i've ever endured. It is a never ending pit of despair and 13 hour shifts without a break. Would rather be unemployed than have to sit in a shack full of zombie people on minimum wage and being treated like a performing monkey for the hierarchy of boylesports and all the crab people inside.
Pros
Free bottles of perfume off the creeps
Cons
longer than my life expectancy
Fun, exciting, fast paced but can be stressful in certain situations. Management were ok but run very strictly as should be expected. Was always fun going into work and was never the same experiences every day. Improved my sporting knowledge immensely and customer relations were fantastic
Pros
Pay, Staff, entertaining
Cons
Pressure
13 hr shifts a day with very little breaks due to busy shop, the best part of the job was the co-workers i had. the worst part was the rate of pay not very good with a lot of money responsibilities involved so we should be paid more.
Pros
full week completed in 4 days
Cons
hours were flexible but sometimes long (up to 13 hrs). fast thinking and a high level of concentration was needed. co-workers were all very friendly and we all got on great and went on staff nights out together. the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers which were plentiful due to the nature of the bussiness.
Pros
flexible rota
I would generally open or close the business with the daily profits and numbers fax them up to the head office, make sure we had enough money in the shop for the daily run of the business, do the banking, answer emails and general office management duties.