BoyleSports

BoyleSports Employee Reviews for Manager

Manager8 reviews
Ireland8 reviews
Fair employer, hours of work too long , looked after their staff during Covid 19 mostly suit students or people with no children

Good opportunity to move up the ladder within this company to managerial roles.
worked here for a number of years full time. Used to close at 6.30pm during "winter hours" which was perfect but once the long 13hour shifts were introduced it was time to move on. Left working alone with no breaks if a colleague was out sick. "Canteen" had a stool, kettle and microwave all right beside the toilet. Barely any room to move. Staff are not looked after. All about the money
Pros
hours will suit students/evening/weekends
Cons
long 13hour shifts/no breaks/very high turnover of staff
13 hour shifts
Abuse from customers physical and verbal is regular occurrences not enough support for staff when such things happen,single manning which is borderline illegal
Pros
Can work a 4 day week if manager
Cons
Aggressive abusive customers lack of experienced staff across the whole retail sector
Decent easy work for not bad pay. Very good if you're interested in sports. Other staff normally create a good environment.But to the company you're just a number. Depending on which shop or area and how many staff they have in that shop, you could be stuck for hours or could be working 6day weeks with little to show for it.
Small number of decent collegues, new employees expected to work 6 night a week, wages are so bad. Upper management are just tossers and no help given, I don't know how this company get away with their lack of breaks, single manning for 12 hour days and the general disregard for staff safety.
The staff are great people to work with customers are
all so great the experience of being able to become

manager and learn new skills.
Pros
the staff
Cons
13 hours shifts
I love working with Boylesports. Boylesports are a young, fast paced, exciting and provide an abundance of opportunity for self growth and progression. I usually work three twelve hour shifts and a short day, at least 40 hours every week. I work 9.30-9.30 and 8.30-9.30 on Saturdays, 10.00-6.00 on Sundays. We get an hour break when working the full day and 30 minutes when not working 12 hours or more, we do not get paid for our breaks.
The hardest part is keeping our customers service standards while adhering to company procedures.

The hardest part is the time you are away from your kids eg. Saturdays I leave the house at 8am and I don't home until 10pm.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Long unsociable hours and high pressure fast moving and stressful
I have learnt alot since being with this company.
Staff are good.

I'd rather not write a reiew.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BoyleSports?