BoyleSports

BoyleSports Employee Reviews

Ireland64 reviews
Low pay, treated like you are children by management, you are literally just a number to this company they’d replace you and not think twice, don’t appreciate anything you do are always expecting more.
Pros
It pays the bills barely at that.
Cons
Working most weekends, low pay, treated like children
Small number of decent collegues, new employees expected to work 6 night a week, wages are so bad. Upper management are just tossers and no help given, I don't know how this company get away with their lack of breaks, single manning for 12 hour days and the general disregard for staff safety.
Staff didn’t take much time to help you as they weren’t being paid to train you but they still had to sign off on slips and also they we’re inconsiderate with lunch times, if you worked till 9:30 you could be sent on lunch at 3 or 4 having only started at 1 o’clock.
Busy work environment but enjoyable! Got to met very charismatic individuals both working and serving! Could be very strenuous at the times but worth it.
Very Busy place to work, very eye opening about the world of the bookmakers. Very fulfilling place to work at times but some days can be long and very boring, Very nice days if you are deeply interested in horse and greyhound racing.
Pros
kind staff
Cons
long hours, little bonus
Disgraceful wage bar the fast you work 50+ hours a week and are hounded on days off. No security. No staff appreciation. Most possibly the worst company to work for. The only thing that is half decent is the staff WITHIN the shops is what keeps the place going. Management do not care whatsoever. No social life as you're doing 12 hour shifts
Pros
Some decent people work within shops
Cons
Everything else
for being away from where I live was complicated because of taking the first bus in the morning, or picking up the last one to go home when I decided to go to work at night to advance the work the other day. was a good experience, for being my first in town, so I was able to learn to get around here and do a good job of cleaner. knowing a new work environment.
Pros
nothing
Cons
far way for my home
very long hours, 13 hour days
hard to balance business and pleasure

made great friends working here, higher up management can be difficult to get on with
Pros
good christmas bonus
Cons
Boylesports is a great place to work and there is lots of job opportunities with the company to further your career. The hours can be long at times but over all its a brilliant company to work for.
Pros
very flexible with hours
Cons
long hours when your a manager
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BoyleSports?
Rubbish company to work for treat their staff like dirt. You are made promises at your interview dont listen they are all lies staff hate the company with a passion.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, rubbish pay could go on for ever
During my time working for boyles I was with the company 4+ years and received a pay rise of 10 cent per hour the only rise in my time with the company! The hours are long and get thrown into different shops on a daily basis it can be dangerous customers can be very aggressive we get no support from regionals if we are genuinely sick we are told to find our own cover. There is no prospects they give u plenty more work with little or no benefits staff are not nearly trained enough and are expected to train new comers. Most shops don’t have areas for lunch for staff.
Cons
Long hours no thanks!!
Didn't like working there.hours were unbearably long left alone Manning the shop at late hours.little things like been taking for granted,drunk people verbally attacking you with no support whatsoever.absolute nightmare at times.wages are poor the long shifts are brutal and nobody cares.
busy
fast

tense

technical

flexibible shifts

strange hours

not very good pay

not much room for progression

not much training

but no real responsibility
The larger festivals, e.g Cheltenham are fun but everyday life in Boyle Sports is sad to see. Lads in there all day every day wasting lives.
If a customer wins but loses ticket and doesn't realise they have a winner, staff are not allowed to tell them. Mr. Boyle keeps it!
While working there our customer base increased by 20%.
I was lucky to have a strong manager who supported me and any training I had to do, because of his leadership I was very willing to cover shifts, come in on days off or learn extra tasks to decrease his workload.
Wage is very low considering the situations staff have to deal with, especially shop managers who have have a heavy work load with little to no thanks
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Long days & low wage
unsocial work hours
bad pay

HR are little or no help

Promotions offered without any incentives e.g later hours with harder work for the same pay that may be increased after 6 months to an extra .60c an hour
The company is facing a huge growth and the maturity of the process is not growing at the same speed, despite that, it's a good place to work for.

Salary is very below of the average.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Salary
The salary was quite low, hours weren't great either. I didn't really enjoy my stay with boylesports. I know many others who currently work there and enjoy it however.
Paid pennys to deal with a lot of problems and stress from customers and junkies etc and the long hours every day 12 and 13 hour shifts where u wont be getting home to 10 every night
Cons
Worst job i've ever endured. It is a never ending pit of despair and 13 hour shifts without a break. Would rather be unemployed than have to sit in a shack full of zombie people on minimum wage and being treated like a performing monkey for the hierarchy of boylesports and all the crab people inside.
Pros
Free bottles of perfume off the creeps
Cons
longer than my life expectancy