BoyleSports

BoyleSports Employee Reviews

Ireland64 reviews
Low pay, treated like you are children by management, you are literally just a number to this company they’d replace you and not think twice, don’t appreciate anything you do are always expecting more.
Pros
It pays the bills barely at that.
Cons
Working most weekends, low pay, treated like children
Good working atmosphere in the office and some good craic to be had during work as well but some days the workload would make it a stressful place to work.
Pros
learn a lot of new systems
Cons
different days off each week, work weekends & bank holidays
Very bad place to work in from the top down there pure evil they rip of there customers and horrible to there staff and regional manager for north Dublin lady is a horrible
Cons
No interest in staff wellbeing, no bonuses/Christmas partys/incentives.

No appreciation of staff completely customer focused company.

Go against management and they'll find a way to get rid of you.

Staff safety constantly put at risk
Pros
Flexible days
Cons
Long hours 13 hour shifts with no breaks sometimes
A company run by monkeys. Boylesports exists only to serve hordes of mindless mud people. This company contributes nothing to society, it's only use being that it acts as a central hub for junkies and soon to be corpses. The money is pitiful. The benefits are none. The hours are inhuman. I would rather eat buckets of paint while being beat with a hurley for 13 hours a day than sit in a Boylesports shop and have to deal with the fat morons than infest this abyss of despair and hatred. Free coffee all the same.
Pros
Met some good people within the staff.
Cons
A cons list would be longer than the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Fun, exciting, fast paced but can be stressful in certain situations. Management were ok but run very strictly as should be expected. Was always fun going into work and was never the same experiences every day. Improved my sporting knowledge immensely and customer relations were fantastic
Pros
Pay, Staff, entertaining
Cons
Pressure
Enjoyable work environment, dealing with sports tasks on a daily basis. It involved dealing with daily tasks individually and on a team basis. Management allocated your tasks daily, and if or when required I would do additional tasks if someone was out sick or someone else needed a hand on their work.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
some late nights
Overall a horrible place to work. Poor working condition. poor pay, poor shift work, and no work life balance. Would not recommend to work here at all.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor working condition. poor pay, poor shift work, and no work life balance
Tesco was great to work for at 16, I made so many friends and as it was my first real job, it was a great place to learn interpersonal skills and customer services. Tesco also had great get togethers for staff, I was on the Tesco's ladies football team and we won 3 years in a row, it was so much fun.
Pros
Social events and great all round people
Cons
boylesport are excellent to work for they give you plenty of opportunities to move up the ladder. They also give very good working bonuses. This is a very friendly family company and give you an excellent environment to work in.job security is a vital part of life and in this type of work this gives you that security.
Pros
xmas bonus and yearly bonus
Cons
long days, weeks, nights months and yearly
Speed and accuracy is key.
Will have to undergo some assessments.

One after eight weeks and one after six months

They will provide you with training no betting knowledge is required.
Pros
Increase in betting knowledge
Cons
Awkward shifts
I learnt the skills of keeping a garden tidy and how to handle the tools correctly.
The management i got on very well with and she was very pleased.

The hardest part was trying to do it in the lasing rain and strong winds.

The most part i enjoyed was planting and weeding.
13 hr shifts a day with very little breaks due to busy shop, the best part of the job was the co-workers i had. the worst part was the rate of pay not very good with a lot of money responsibilities involved so we should be paid more.
Pros
full week completed in 4 days
Cons
the most important part of this is customer care as the industry is very fast movement cash management, daily reports,monitoring customers, keeping the shop clean and making sure health and safety is correct,keeping the shop stocked
Pros
pleasant workplace
Cons
very long hours
The staff are great people to work with customers are
all so great the experience of being able to become

manager and learn new skills.
Pros
the staff
Cons
13 hours shifts
hours were flexible but sometimes long (up to 13 hrs).
fast thinking and a high level of concentration was needed.

co-workers were all very friendly and we all got on great and went on staff nights out together. the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers which were plentiful due to the nature of the bussiness.
Pros
flexible rota
Boylesports is a faced paced gambling environment which comes with both, challenges and triumphs. I am really enjoying my time working here.
Great job and some great individuals working in there. Very helpful staff and a pleasant atmosphere. Manager was really nice, I learned a lot from others and I've had a very pleasant time working there.
I enjoyed working in the betting shop as i have a very keen interest in sports i was lucky as i got on with all my co-workers.I went straight from school into the job and believe it has giving me great life experience.The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that more or less every bet was sports related because i have a huge interest is sports.My least favorite part of the job was working evenings as you wouldn't leave work till nearly 10.00pm.
I love working with Boylesports. Boylesports are a young, fast paced, exciting and provide an abundance of opportunity for self growth and progression. I usually work three twelve hour shifts and a short day, at least 40 hours every week. I work 9.30-9.30 and 8.30-9.30 on Saturdays, 10.00-6.00 on Sundays. We get an hour break when working the full day and 30 minutes when not working 12 hours or more, we do not get paid for our breaks.
The hardest part is keeping our customers service standards while adhering to company procedures.

The hardest part is the time you are away from your kids eg. Saturdays I leave the house at 8am and I don't home until 10pm.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Long unsociable hours and high pressure fast moving and stressful
I have learnt alot since being with this company.
Staff are good.

I'd rather not write a reiew.