BRAMBLES CAFE

BRAMBLES CAFE Employee Reviews

Ireland18 reviews
My store manager was an angel always trying to satisfy her staff, same can’t be said for the higher management who treated us very poorly. Always rude to us over the phone and asking if we are stupid.
Pros
Free coffee, flexible hours
Cons
No incentive for progressions
I’ve been working in Brambles for many years and seen lots of people come and go. If you take your job seriously and work hard you can easily move up within the company and you’ll be paid fair salary. I would recommend working for Brambles to my friends.
Really enjoyed my time at Brambles. Nice people and nice work.

It is usually quite busy but my manager was good and supportive.

Lunch is provided everyday and everyone is friendly.

It was a great place to work and I still have friends from my time there
Pros
Free lunches, nice colleagues
Cons
Sometimes move locations
A really great experience working here. There was plenty of support from senior management and they always went the extra mile to support staff. Was a pleasure working there, pay was ok
Pros
Free Coffee, flexible hours, support
The staff I worked with were very nice, the manager wasn't really on our side as he was afraid of the owners, so when we got are days off changed less than 24 hours notice he did nothing to help.

Pay was very low, no overtime paid, no appreciation for going the extra mile, not enough staff on, so had to deal with complaints from customers if they had to wait for anything.
Pros
Cons
Owners
A typical summer day at work is extremely stressful, there are not enough staff for the number of customers. Each member of staff is under-appreciated by managers and this is reflected in our wage. Due to the lack of staff there is a high number of customer complaints due to time managing which can only be solved by the owners, who constantly look to cut hours off of their staff.
A fee for our lunches is automatically taken from our weekly wage, along with a uniform charge.
Cons
Unhygienic, unprofessional and rude!! You are definitely not paid enough for what you do! They are understaffed, unreliable and just overall extremely rude. You do not get trained professionally you are just expected to learn on your own and are criticized for not knowing. They speak around you in their own language even though you do not understand which is highly unprofessional and they take money out of your wages each week for uniforms and lunches which I didn’t even receive a uniform or eat the lunches. I don’t recommend this company one bit, it was a horrific experience.
Awful experience, worked here for 6 weeks and that was enough. The hygiene is disgusting. Staff/management are not clean or presentable. The company takes money from Your wages every week for “training” and “uniforms”, I never received one uniform. The same with lunch, they take money each week approx €9 from wages even if you don’t eat the food. Which I didn’t. Overall probably the worst experience in a job I’ve had
Gets very busy at times helps you see what real work is. I learned about delivery how to use the coffee machine, learning how to use the till, how to use the dishwasher and where to put things.
Maybe I got unlucky, because other shops aren't that bad, but in the shop I worked management was abysmal, bullying from the manager towards the staff being frequent, having several days in which you wouldn't know that time you finish, this being the decision of the manager. Every week there were hours missing in the payslips of various staff members, we were lied about refundable uniforms way overpriced for what they were. Issues with holiday pay and P45 for the staff that left the company.
Pros
Good place to learn how to work in a busy environment
Cons
Way underpaid staff for the volume of work
Era um trabalho bom para aprender e ter experiencia
Management and control at the place is very well managed and makes life at work easier for the employees. A typical day at work for myself would be bringing out orders and taking in the dishes including cleaning their tables etc. I learned many skills which you can view on my CV. The hardest part of the job has to be how busy the place gets in summer. I enjoy the job mostly as you get to talk and interact with people as well as working with your other employees.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Early Mournings
the cafe worked every day in a same routine where we prepared breakfast, we served the customers and we took care of great orders made by the customers in the factory of the company brambles
 I've seen a difficult part in my previous work because I like what I do

I like working in the customer service part. It was fun for me.
mi colegas, café gratis, comida gratis, mejor mi inglés
Pros
comida gratis
Cons
longas jornadas de trabajo
Enjoyable workplace. I was listened to by head office when it was required and got to travel to Dublin for functions. It was great to talk to the tourists and learned a lot about Newgrange Monumebt and the historical significance of Meath
Pros
Free lunches short hours
Cons
Was too well staffed not enough hours to go around
A typical day of work included preparing food in the morning, serving tea/coffee to customers, cleaning and doing delivery's for the cafe. I learned to be very hard working and keep myself busy. I also learned to communicate precisely with staff. My co-workers were extremely friendly, helpful and my boss never left me without a job! The hardest part of the job was learning to make coffee and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and learning to cook new foods!
Pros
Making money, always active, now im capable of working anywhere as a server
Cons
The bad co-workers
I enjoyed working here. My co-workers were nice and it was a good place to work in. It was a very busy centre with up to 200.000 to 300.000 customers a year.
Pros
Free lunchs
Duties included personally communicating with each individual store daily, receiving food orders and compiling them into a spreadsheet for the chefs and bakers. Cross checking cash sheets, invoices, receipts and calculating VAT on each shop’s expenses. Comparing prices from suppliers and placing orders. Other duties included paperwork, filing, dealing with customer complaints and enquiries from suppliers.