BRAMBLES CAFE Employee Reviews

A fast paced good place to work
Cafe Assistant (Current Employee) –  Castlebar, County Mayo18 November 2019
Gets very busy at times helps you see what real work is. I learned about delivery how to use the coffee machine, learning how to use the till, how to use the dishwasher and where to put things.
A professional experience I'd like to forget
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 April 2019
Maybe I got unlucky, because other shops aren't that bad, but in the shop I worked management was abysmal, bullying from the manager towards the staff being frequent, having several days in which you wouldn't know that time you finish, this being the decision of the manager. Every week there were hours missing in the payslips of various staff members, we were lied about refundable uniforms way overpriced for what they were. Issues with holiday pay and P45 for the staff that left the company.
Pros
Good place to learn how to work in a busy environment
Cons
Way underpaid staff for the volume of work
Empresa para aprender
Gerente (Former Employee) –  County Dublin19 February 2018
Era um trabalho bom para aprender e ter experiencia
work place culture
Catering Assistant / Barista (Former Employee) –  Stillorgan, County Dublin3 September 2017
the cafe worked every day in a same routine where we prepared breakfast, we served the customers and we took care of great orders made by the customers in the factory of the company brambles
 I've seen a difficult part in my previous work because I like what I do
I like working in the customer service part. It was fun for me.
ambiente de trabajo divertido con café gratis
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 June 2017
mi colegas, café gratis, comida gratis, mejor mi inglés
Pros
comida gratis
Cons
longas jornadas de trabajo
Got on really well with Co workers
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Donore, County Meath25 July 2016
Enjoyable workplace. I was listened to by head office when it was required and got to travel to Dublin for functions. It was great to talk to the tourists and learned a lot about Newgrange Monumebt and the historical significance of Meath
Pros
Free lunches short hours
Cons
Was too well staffed not enough hours to go around
I did work experience in Brambles, which included cleaning, preparing food and serving to customers. I thoroughly enjoyed my time.
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Birr, County Offaly20 February 2016
A typical day of work included preparing food in the morning, serving tea/coffee to customers, cleaning and doing delivery's for the cafe. I learned to be very hard working and keep myself busy. I also learned to communicate precisely with staff. My co-workers were extremely friendly, helpful and my boss never left me without a job! The hardest part of the job was learning to make coffee and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and learning to cook new foods!
Pros
Making money, always active, now im capable of working anywhere as a server
Cons
The bad co-workers
Fun Work Place
duties boy (Former Employee) –  Donore Meath4 March 2015
I enjoyed working here. My co-workers were nice and it was a good place to work in. It was a very busy centre with up to 200.000 to 300.000 customers a year.
Pros
Free lunchs
I learned a lot in my time in Brambles.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, Dublin3 December 2014
Duties included personally communicating with each individual store daily, receiving food orders and compiling them into a spreadsheet for the chefs and bakers. Cross checking cash sheets, invoices, receipts and calculating VAT on each shop’s expenses. Comparing prices from suppliers and placing orders. Other duties included paperwork, filing, dealing with customer complaints and enquiries from suppliers.