Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club

Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club Employee Reviews

Ireland17 reviews

Was working there, because hat to work and to get wages.

Was cut my wages 3 times without my agreement, after working there 14 years, left this place still with minimum wages.No respect or appreciation to employees (From management or owner side). No one cares how hard and honest you work.Always shorts of staff, and we had to cover all positions, even such as dishwashing.

Pros

Free gym and swimming pool

Cons

No wages increase in 14 years

Horrible management

First when I started working there it was ok but then the manager started giving out to me about the tiniest things and saying really degrading things to me that made me cry on multiple occasions at that job.

Is very accommodating with schedules, going to school etc. Great staff to work with!Can be very busy at times and understaffed. If working nights, you can spend up to an hour after you were supposed to leave cleaning, as there would be no time during your shift.

I loved my time at the Bridge. I made some friends for life. I found the job busy so time passed very fast which was great. They wee considerate of me having a small family and would accommodate as best they could.

Not worth your TIME

Staff are over worked, under paid and will get not one bit of thanks for it instead theirs a new deputy manager whoes doin nothing but cut hours across all departments leaving all staff over worked,,, staff are giving unrealistic work in unrealistic hrs to do and if it not done they'll just let u go and hire someone else no matter how good of worker u are or how long ur with them

Unsociable hours

Like most restaurant / hotel workers, its long hours, cheap labour and mundane work, it handy for college students maybe but for most people it's a place just to fill while looking for something else

Pros

A reference to use in later jobs

Cons

Long unsociable hours

Busy position

Management need to manage the work load better and pull their weight with work. Nice staff but everyone over worked and not acknowledged. Salary very poor

Workplace or Machine

The bridge house hotel is a fine-tuned machine of a workplace. With over 200 active staff on the roster, it's hard to be seen as anything but a number. In some departments, staff turnover can be high, and when someone leaves, they're replaced, and often forgotten about. That's just the way it is. The hours can be long. You're expected to often work split shifts, ultimately taking up your entire day, at minimum wage for most. When you're off, you're expected to be on call in case you're needed. Staff generally all get along pretty well.

Pros

Nice people

Fun and team workplace

Great co-workers, good team players, great managers. Hours were decent and wage was minimum. Treated well there and friendships were made there. The nightclub is well run.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Life balance/ social life

Fun workplace

Great fun but hours are tough and there are very few of them. messes with your body clock but great for college students looking for weekend and summer work as there is guaranteed 40 hours during summer.

Pros

Great craic

Cons

Late nights

Good

A typical day consists cleaning and polishing cutlery and setting tables before service. I have learned silver service and how to efficiently serve multiple tables simultaneously

Cons

Not enough hours

Bad management

a typical day at work can be stressful as the management made us employees feel like robots and I have seen good people getting fired out of there for calling in sick. Management is the main problem, they do not know what they are doing and they talk to some emplyees like theyre children

Cons

You shouldnt go by the roster in there because you will be asked to work more and more hours

Nice place to work

Nice place to work but can be stressful. Good atmosphere but long hours. Love the social aspect of work. The staff are a close knit unit.

It was nice to work there at the start.

Taking orders and serving food. How to waiter tables. The management were horrible. Very nice people. Making sure to get the order right. Meeting new people.

Pros

free dinner

Cons

Not enough hours

Bridge House Hotel

Very busy Hotel with three restaurants, two bars and night club, dealing with all types of individuals, as would be required in a 5 star hotel, with wedding parties averaging three per week. The hardest part I found was dealing with intoxicated people but one takes the good with the bad. The enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet people from all walks of life, from CEO's to the ordinary person having a break.

Pros

non

Cons

non

Very nice place to work

Come in at 9am and set up.. all the tables have to have sauces and salt and pepper on them. set up cutlery this all has to be polished. put out jigs of fresh milk. bowls of sugar has to be put out also. 10am doors open. my duties include keeping tables clear and customers happy. getting desserts, serving tea/coffee. on the till, handling money. I learned a lot from working there it was my first job. I learned time keeping and how to deal with customers in a patience and happy manor. My co-workers were so lovely to work with, so helpful and I got on well with everybody. The place was well run the hardest part of the job was keeping tables clear when it was extremely busy but I managed and got the job done. I loved working there loved talking to the customers and the staff and really just enjoyed everyday.

Pros

Getting to know people

Cons

There was none

Busy Busy Busy

Fro 9am - 5:30pm, Monday - Friday, it is all go! very bust work place at all times of the year!

Pros

Close to home!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridge House Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement