Bristol Myers Squibb

Bristol Myers Squibb Employee Reviews

Ireland13 reviews
Workplace culture is extremely welcoming. All people would feel very comfortable working here. Managment is very interactive and company regularly hosts team bonding events and meetings to discuss overall company morale. Work load is sufficient enough to keep you busy, but long twelve hour shifts can be tiring. Management doesn't always recognize ability fairly in my opinion. Should be a more goal orientated system in place that could accurately monitor an individuals work load, so fair appraisal can be awarded.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Unfairness of award system between day staff and shift workers.
Good, subsidised canteen, 36 hour week,share purchase scheme, free health cars for family, free prescriptions in local chemists.Undergoing change at the minute due to new CMDO owners.Currently on 5 week shift cycle, best I ever worked.
Pros
5 shift, free evening lunches
Cons
Uncertain about plants future
The Irish couldn't run a p1ss up in a brewery, always having meetings and not actually getting any work done. I pointed out that we were in fact having too many meetings and I was told without a trace of irony to 'book a meeting to discuss it' If I was the sort of person content to be sat there doing feck all, I could still be there earning 11,000.00 euros per month.
Pros
good money
Cons
lazy people, who had no interest in work
Very good company. Good opportunities. Opportunities are there to work on many projects. They like their cross-functional meetings. The expose levels to opportunities are very high.
In general a great place to work. Plenty of opportunities with new directions for the company, and a bright future due to the great pipeline and company direction.
worked for three months in Cruiserath which is a start up. I was a QC lab analyst. the work was all office based however, I spent my time writing up SOPs and risk assessments.
Pros
Flexible workong hours.
Cons
Paper work.
BMS are building a new biologics facility so it's a very exciting time, there's lots of new people that bring new ideas, people are friendly and helpful. There's a really good vibe around. It's very, very busy for everyone but there's still a big emphasis on work-life balance. It's a very open culture so people listen and help. The products that BMS will be making in Cruiserath are blockbusters and will have a hugely positive impact on cancer treatment.
Pros
Great people, friendly and collaborative culture
Cons
The canteen could be improved
12 hours shifts maintaining all plant equipment for 24 hrs continuous operations ,many areas covered in production ,solvent recovery ,tank farms , incineration and waste water treatment areas .Reactive to breakdowns , on call .
I have got a lot of work experience regarding quality assurance and regulatory affairs.The working environment is excellent and the co workers are all friendly and helpful.
Good place to work but has ceased bulk pharma operations.ALL ASPECTS OF INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE INCLUDING INSTRUMENTATION ELECTRIAL AND MECHANICAL PMs AND REPAIRS.
Pros
pension and medical.
A good atmosphere in the Cruiserath site, with the majority of people engaged in their work. Plenty of opportunities for further development.
Pros
Good pay/benefits.
Cons
Lack of opportunities to further your career
BMS is a well know brand in the pharma industry and my assets were sued in this which I have gained from previous companies. The position gave me the opportunity to learn more about the pharma industry which I can carry with me.
As I'm only covering Maternity Cover, it is dissapointing as I'd like to enjoy a permanent role. BMS are a wonderful bunch to work for & I've learnt an enormous amount.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no permanent offers of employment