Brown Thomas Arnotts

Brown Thomas Arnotts Employee Reviews

Ireland138 reviews

Nice place to work

Nice culture. Pressure to sell a lot of expensive things. Good management but not the best communication about work schedules. I enjoyed my time working here.

No progression.

Not a friendly atmosphere to work in, very intense in a lot of ways and overload work both mentally and physically, department management not approachable or helpful and very biased, customers find a lot of the staff false and that is coming from acustomer's perspective, management DO NOT appreciate good experienced loyal staff, you earn you're few euros in there.

Pros

Cons

No progression

Nice job

Nice hours and good breaks. Commission nice aswell. Nice staff that are friendly and welcoming. High standard of customer service is expected. Some not so nice managers but can be managed when the staff are so nice.

Fun energetic and supportive environment

Great team to work with… the common goal is customer service and if you can’t deal with offering a really great service then you shouldn’t apply to be part of the BT family.

Pros

Read above

Cons

Read above

Not just standing there being bougie.

Depending on the store you work in, the job description can be completely different. Working in a main Brown Thomas involves a very fast-paced, busy environment, which can often be quite stressful. However, you're generally in a specific area or department, and you can at least become familiar with the same area & brands everyday. Working in a BT2 store isn't as fast-paced (certain beauty concessions are especially slow, however fashions can definitely be just as busy/messy), and if you're not working for a concession, you can be in multiple departments and have to cover multiple areas at once - very stressful.The benefits are good, and colleagues tend to be very friendly and welcoming (especially the smaller stores). Pay tends to be a little over minimum at the beginning for first-time sales assistants, but you do have the opportunity to advance and upgrade your pay. Sunday pay (time and a quarter initially, moves up to time and a half after probation period) and commission (~1.25%) is also a great bonus. Overall, the company themselves are much better than you would find nowadays, however people think you can join a luxury department store just to stand there and look pretty. It is definitely hard work, and they expect a lot from you in every aspect, such as customer service, uniform & physical presentation, back-of-house management, etc. They are very welcoming of new sales assistants / college students, so don't worry if you don't have experience - just make sure to put your best foot forwards.

Pros

Company discount over a huge amount of brands, Sunday pay & commission, friendly staff, good company values & ethos.

Cons

Shifts can be extremely stressful, poor management can ruin the experience completely, will almost always be short-staffed and ask for more hours from you, always expecting 100% out of you, if you're not completely accommodating for the customer in every way possible, you're not doing it right!

Enjoying

I am working with the company over a year and really enjoying it.I think they are ahead of their competitors, trying new and exciting ways of doing things and we have a great internal communication platform that we can see whats happening around the country.

Fun fastpaced

A nice facepaced place to work, made many friends which makes it fun and enjoyable. Management can be a bit sticky but overall enjoyed the experience there.

Fun workplace

Would recommend working at Brown Thomas ! Very fun workplace and great colleagues to work with every day, always leave work feeling like I had a good productive day

Hard work

Good pay long hours good staff fun enough get the job done get your hear down, friendly staff Good customers lunch an paid on time good managers, would recommend

Do not work here.

Constantly understaffed, but most work is short term with no job security. Employees are overworked while being underpaid. Constantly worked 12 hours shift in the online sales department that is stuffed into a hot basement. Management does not take into consideration what section you would like to work in, or where you should work based on your skills. Management also never communicated with their staff, most days we were not even assigned breaks and had to hunt down management for a daily schedule. Most other employees were rude and entitled, only working there for discounts on the overpriced sales items.

Shoppers paradise to work there was fabulous

Loved my time working Brown Thomas … always loved to shop there so to me it didn’t feel like work , was working at a really busy period over Christmas and I was extremely happy… worked with great people and Managers who were very nice and helpful if you needed them.

Profit oriented

The management is too busy with the customer experience. They had till training and the emplyees are really friendly. You really have to Go above and beyond, sometimes

Fun place to work however can be extremely fast paced.

In being very fast-paced you're expected to pick things up very fast eg. cashing up; A lot of initiative is expected. management is very fair also, emphasis on appearance etc.

Respectful and Good place to work

One of my Best places for work, staff are friendly and listens to everyone opinion.Supervisors are reachable and fixes your issues immediately, they are active all time helping anyone if needed.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

fun place to work always something to do and really positive work environment

I loved working here, everyone was lovely couldn’t fault anything and the pay was very good and it was weekly pay. Discounts are really good and a big benefit of working here. Uniform was one of the best things about the job aswell

Pros

Discounted canteen food from the restaurant in the store. Discounts in arnotts and brown thomas

Cons

Productive and fun workplace, kept busy.

I liked working here, sometimes stressful but kept the day moving. Enjoyed my time in arnotts. Managers can sometimes be somewhat strict on uniform and appearance.

Pros

Lovely people to work with.

Cons

Somewhat strict on uniform and appearance

Always understaffed, restaurant badly run

Not a great place to work (restaurant 3rd floor)Always understaffed, micromanaging is huge thing here. Not stable hours. Fussy for irrational reasons

Pros

Brown Thomas discount

Cons

Understaffed, no progression

Great to gain experience and you can climb if you are willing to learn and put yourself forward for training

Regular shop hours, late shopping thurs fri, you will work weekends.You will learn luxury customer service skillsManagement are fairThe hardest part it can be demanding at times of the yearYou will be held accountable for your efforts

Pros

good hour, good breaks, good pay, good time off, discount, experience, learning constantly

Cons

long days when quiet, can be a lot to do, hard to get time off sometimes

Fast paced and fun environment

I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a sales consultant. The management of each individual department within the store is exceptional. It was insightful to have visibility over the day to day operations and I do feel the perks such as staff discounts are generous. The company look after employees well.

Pros

Staff discounts

Not recommended

Bullying and racism at it's peak. Poor management. No job security. I was the Concessions manager and I was still micro managed. They have lack of trust and treat employees really bad.

definitly not a fun place to work in , you go there to work , nothing else

security work , staff not allowed to communicate with security personnel. threatened with dismissal if staff dated someone from security department or had any kind of informal chat with them security staff not invited to Christmas parties or any other type of staff gathering, , apart from that the staff were very friendly and so were management , long very long hours . no social life whatsoever .

Pros

secure job

Cons

long hours. no social life. isolation from other staff activities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown Thomas Arnotts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement