Brown Thomas Employee Reviews

Overall an average place to work
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 May 2019
A typical day is being over worked and underpaid. I learned how to deal with difficult customers here and also difficult managers. Retail is a hard enough job but Brown Thomas was extremely difficult due to the politics. Management acting like they were better then staff due to where they were from and who they knew. Extreme pressure put on staff when the ceo was coming to visit, which all seemed very fake.
Pros
discounts
Cons
long hours, underpaid, management, type of staff they have working here
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 May 2019
The managers were nice, my co-workers were all nice, the whole atmosphere in the entire place was nice, it was just an all around nice place to work, especially around Christmas
Pros
Cheap Lunches, flexible dress code
Cons
None that i can think of
nice place but hard to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway10 March 2019
sometimes it is hard to work because of managemet, they might be rude and mean. people and other staff members are nice, good working hours, customers are nice and friendlt but demanding
Safety place to work
Warehouse General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 February 2019
I'm working at their warehouse and they are following all safety rules.
And they care always about employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job are managers and all team.
Pros
Such a good environment.
Cons
It is not very easy to get a promotion within the company.
If you are able to flourish in a very strict environment than you may do well at brown thomas
Despatch/stockroom (Current Employee) –  Cork7 November 2018
As I still work at the job I'm not all that sure as to what I can say. It definitely used to be a better place to work for sure but times change. I really thought I'd be working at that place for the next twenty years but not the case.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Tough management
enjoyable place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Cork6 July 2018
i thoroughly enjoyed working in Brown thomas. i got on really well with the manager and she was very fair to all the staff. the staff were very friendly and always looked out for you and helped you if you ever needed assistance.
Exciting
Coffee Specialist - Nespresso (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 April 2018
Loved working for Brown Thomas, high standards are held which encourage you to perform to your highest standard.

The skills I learned while working within the organisation have stayed with me in my professional career, such as a standard for excellence
Floor Summary
Part Time Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2018
The work day start times vary due to it being a retail store, based on the 3rd floor there is a large range of products to become familiar with from food to kitchen electrical appliances. Confidence is necessary in order to communicate the benefits and uniqueness of each brand to customers with many being tourists who are looking for gifts. Good manners and tactfulness are necessary too as Brown Thomas is an established name and high quality service is expected from the moment a customer walks through the door. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different customers from all over Ireland and the world and making them feel welcome and looked after and finding the ideal gift or product that suits their needs.
General assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway6 February 2018
I had a great experience at brown Thomas in Galway and I hope to go back some day as the staff was so welcoming and management was very helpful. I am so grateful for the work I got there.
Great sales job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 January 2018
Enjoyable, good perks if fashion oriented. Very hierarchical management system to be expected. It was a short term job for me and I was happy yo have been kept on for 9/10 months
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Limerick22 January 2018
Really enjoyable. Great team to work with. Busy most days and a lot to do. Great experience and lots of learning. management are great and very helpful. Working with the fashion was great.
a good company to work for
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 January 2018
a good working environment, if you interesting in retail job, it is a good company to work for.
you will get staff discount, but with the discount a lot of things are still very expensive.
Photoshoot
Brown Thomas Lingerie Campaign AW15 - Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 September 2017
Working with Brown Thomas on their Autumn/Winter Lingerie Campaign was a very professional environment and the days of the shoot flew by due to the great coordination on set and friendly coworkers.
Multicultural
Luxury Goods Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 August 2017
Working there makes me feel comfortable and having a great time with a multicultural team.Such a pleasure spend my days with so many good people. The only bad thing is about the business itself,the unsocial hours are hard!
Pros
workplace, people and salary
Cons
Unsocial hours
Great workplace to be in very helpful staff.
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin25 July 2017
Overall my time in brown Thomas was amazing very helpful staff , good security in the workplace I never felt under pressure good environment to work in.
Pros
Discounts in local stores
bad place to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Dublin City University, County Dublin29 April 2017
I work in Brown Thomas Restaurant , It is the worse place i worked in my life . The Boss are rude , intimidating , food are not fresh most are frozen ,
very good
Security (Former Employee) –  Galway25 April 2017
very good place to work management for this company is good and easy to get through to management with any enquiruies.
pay is always on time aswell...
Busy and dynamic environment
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 April 2017
Brown Thomas provides impeccable customer service and it is a pleasure to work with such luxury goods. Beautiful surroundings and atmosphere. Good HR and management team. They will bring out the best in your abilities.
Pros
Training provided
Cons
Retail hours, especially Christmas and New Years. Competitive sales.
vibrant workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 March 2017
professionally managed, vibrant environment, friendly staff, luxury sales ethos, work as one, opportunity for further positions, advancing, dynamic and fast paced
Productive, professional, and friendly workplace.
Temporary Christmas Staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 February 2017
Brown Thomas is a very professional company to work for and there is very little ambiguity within their company. All sufficient training to do the job required was provided. Most of the staff are very friendly and welcoming to temporary staff. It is easy to get your work done if you are willing to do it.
Pros
Flexibilty, friendly co-workers, good pay.
Cons
Not many tempoarary staff get made permanent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown Thomas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3