Brown Thomas

Brown Thomas Employee Reviews

Ireland73 reviews

Great to gain experience and you can climb if you are willing to learn and put yourself forward for training

Regular shop hours, late shopping thurs fri, you will work weekends.You will learn luxury customer service skillsManagement are fairThe hardest part it can be demanding at times of the yearYou will be held accountable for your efforts

Pros

good hour, good breaks, good pay, good time off, discount, experience, learning constantly

Cons

long days when quiet, can be a lot to do, hard to get time off sometimes

Always understaffed, restaurant badly run

Not a great place to work (restaurant 3rd floor)Always understaffed, micromanaging is huge thing here. Not stable hours. Fussy for irrational reasons

Pros

Brown Thomas discount

Cons

Understaffed, no progression

Fast paced and fun environment

I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a sales consultant. The management of each individual department within the store is exceptional. It was insightful to have visibility over the day to day operations and I do feel the perks such as staff discounts are generous. The company look after employees well.

Pros

Staff discounts

Not recommended

Bullying and racism at it's peak. Poor management. No job security. I was the Concessions manager and I was still micro managed. They have lack of trust and treat employees really bad.

definitly not a fun place to work in , you go there to work , nothing else

security work , staff not allowed to communicate with security personnel. threatened with dismissal if staff dated someone from security department or had any kind of informal chat with them security staff not invited to Christmas parties or any other type of staff gathering, , apart from that the staff were very friendly and so were management , long very long hours . no social life whatsoever .

Pros

secure job

Cons

long hours. no social life. isolation from other staff activities

need clear picture for future planning

Need clear picture for future planning IT system needs much stronger Abrupt changes in all areas made work life uneasy. I liked professionalism & team work,

Competitiva, colaborativa e luxuosa

One of the best places to work in Dublin, although intense they are fair and friendly.

Super place to work.

Worked in BT over the Christmas. I enjoyed the experience and found it a great company to work for. HR were great and the training prior to starting my employment was excellent.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Shift hours

teamwork with both customers and staff

i worked in a fast based enviroment dealing with the general public needs and complaints if needed /ordering stock on the phone and in person / opening and closing of store on a daily basis as i was a key holder cashing up and banking duties

Fun Workplace

A very fast-paced job. It can be quite stressful as there is never enough staff to cover the amount of customers that appear. Management is very poor. It was a good job part-time job as I was surrounded with people my own age. I worked only weekends which made dealing with the stress alot easier.

Pros

Free lunch on sundays

Cons

Rotas

seaonal work but thorough training and support

Fun place to work. Sadly, that programme no longer operates. Luxury outlet -consequently impeccable standards of behaviour and focus expected and appropriate training for such provided. Great managers - dedicated listeners and prompt actors.

hard work pays off

fabulous experience to have been working there I absolutely loved my job there , the whole environment of the job the facility's and staff are so welcoming

You can not progress

Brown Thomas is good place for people who arrived and do not speak English so good. But after two months it starts to be very boring and demotivating because you see that you can not progress there. People work for 6 or more years and still they have same salary like in the beginning.

Lovely place to work!

People working there are lovely! Fair hours, minimum wage but some departments do commission/ bonuses when targets are hit, good discounts especially during sales. Management are very encouraging and approachable.

Be confident in what you do..

Loved experience working with very high profile costumes.... very friendly atmosphere... Good staff descant Lovely canteen,, with a plenty choices and good prices The best place to work

Loved it

Worked here just for Christmas as a seasonal sales advisor and loved every minute of it. Typical to have the rude staff member here and there but alot of lovely people work here Would love to go back

A company to grow within

All the areas, from HR to management or sales are well interconnected so you can have direct contact with any of them. Learning the guts of a great company its very useful and suitable for those who want to grow within it. Also they offered good benefits to the employee.

Interesting place to work with a good work life balance

Enoyable place to work with opportunities to grow and succeed.Fast pace environment during the build up the the festive period with the opportunity to work extra hours if requested by management.

Brown Thomas

Good company to work for - great colleagues especially during challenging times that unfortunately are experienced by many people. Good possibility to move within the organisation at different levels and locations.

working in Brown Thomas has been fun

It’s been a fun ride working in BT, I’ve made new friends, my sales skills has definitely increased for the better so as my confidence, dealing with clients in a very professional way also. Lovely management team , you’re given an opportunity to speak on anything and give opinions on what could be better for the company and customers. Overall it’s a good place to work in retail .

a bit boring if it is quite

If there's no customer there's nothing you can do. You must keep pushing the sale to get more commissions. an hour lunchtime with no paid plus 30 mins break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown Thomas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement