Brown Thomas Employee Reviews

Floor Summary
Part Time Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2018
The work day start times vary due to it being a retail store, based on the 3rd floor there is a large range of products to become familiar with from food to kitchen electrical appliances. Confidence is necessary in order to communicate the benefits and uniqueness of each brand to customers with many being tourists who are looking for gifts. Good manners and tactfulness are necessary too as Brown Thomas is an established name and high quality service is expected from the moment a customer walks through the door. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different customers from all over Ireland and the world and making them feel welcome and looked after and finding the ideal gift or product that suits their needs.
General assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway6 February 2018
I had a great experience at brown Thomas in Galway and I hope to go back some day as the staff was so welcoming and management was very helpful. I am so grateful for the work I got there.
Great sales job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 January 2018
Enjoyable, good perks if fashion oriented. Very hierarchical management system to be expected. It was a short term job for me and I was happy yo have been kept on for 9/10 months
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Limerick22 January 2018
Really enjoyable. Great team to work with. Busy most days and a lot to do. Great experience and lots of learning. management are great and very helpful. Working with the fashion was great.
a good company to work for
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 January 2018
a good working environment, if you interesting in retail job, it is a good company to work for.
you will get staff discount, but with the discount a lot of things are still very expensive.
Photoshoot
Brown Thomas Lingerie Campaign AW15 - Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 September 2017
Working with Brown Thomas on their Autumn/Winter Lingerie Campaign was a very professional environment and the days of the shoot flew by due to the great coordination on set and friendly coworkers.
Multicultural
Luxury Goods Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 August 2017
Working there makes me feel comfortable and having a great time with a multicultural team.Such a pleasure spend my days with so many good people. The only bad thing is about the business itself,the unsocial hours are hard!
Pros
workplace, people and salary
Cons
Unsocial hours
Great workplace to be in very helpful staff.
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin25 July 2017
Overall my time in brown Thomas was amazing very helpful staff , good security in the workplace I never felt under pressure good environment to work in.
Pros
Discounts in local stores
bad place to work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Dublin City University, County Dublin29 April 2017
I work in Brown Thomas Restaurant , It is the worse place i worked in my life . The Boss are rude , intimidating , food are not fresh most are frozen ,
very good
Security (Former Employee) –  Galway25 April 2017
very good place to work management for this company is good and easy to get through to management with any enquiruies.
pay is always on time aswell...
Busy and dynamic environment
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 April 2017
Brown Thomas provides impeccable customer service and it is a pleasure to work with such luxury goods. Beautiful surroundings and atmosphere. Good HR and management team. They will bring out the best in your abilities.
Pros
Training provided
Cons
Retail hours, especially Christmas and New Years. Competitive sales.
vibrant workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 March 2017
professionally managed, vibrant environment, friendly staff, luxury sales ethos, work as one, opportunity for further positions, advancing, dynamic and fast paced
Productive, professional, and friendly workplace.
Temporary Christmas Staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 February 2017
Brown Thomas is a very professional company to work for and there is very little ambiguity within their company. All sufficient training to do the job required was provided. Most of the staff are very friendly and welcoming to temporary staff. It is easy to get your work done if you are willing to do it.
Pros
Flexibilty, friendly co-workers, good pay.
Cons
Not many tempoarary staff get made permanent.
An amazing experience
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin Grafton Street10 February 2017
While i worked at Brown Thomas I didn't want to leave but I was only a Christmas temp.The mangers and colleagues that i had there were some of the best people i had ever met. there were all so warm and friendly. The mangers were what made the experience great.they gave me such a confidence boost that made me step out of my comfort zone and that helped me gain new skills as a worker.
Pros
Good hours, cheap canteen for lunch
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Loyalty Line) (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 February 2017
Good workplace culture, staff discount and commission is a major benefit and so is the product knowledge. Easiest part of the job was selling and the customers are all lovely. Hardest part was working in a retail environment, asking to use the bathroom etc.
Pros
Knowledge gained, bonuses
Well managed, productive environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 January 2017
Menswear has a great management team, who are understanding and reasonable. The hours are typical retail hours, apart from the Christmas period when they become very anti-social. As well as a full hour lunch, there is also a 30 minute break and free lunch every Sunday.
Pros
Free Sunday lunch
Cons
Anti-social Christmas hours
Lots of experience gained, I learned a lot from working here.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  dublin29 December 2016
I learned great customer service skills and got familiar with handling large sums of money. I gained great experience, made great friends and great links.
The most enjoyable part of the job was selling the product because i love fashion.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
subsidised canteen with free lunch on sundays, great wage, lovely employees.
Cons
long hours, unsocial holiday hours
fun work place
lingerie (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 October 2016
Great opportunities to grow and to learn more skills.its also great to learn more about different products and different brands and u also meet important people .
Pros
free lunches great team workers
Fun workplace
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 July 2016
Great company to work for with great opportunites , learned a lot of new tasks and responsibilities in this work place and really enjoyed my time here.
A typical day would involve taking in big high brand deliveries
Great job
Retail Assistant/General Operative/Administration (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 May 2016
Excellent workplace. Good people. Loads of benefits to working at BT. Great development opportunities available for staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brown Thomas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3