Founded in St. Louis in 1997, Build-A-Bear Workshop is a trusted, beloved brand that has been part of countless life moments for more than 20 years. We operate approximately 400 stores worldwide—including company-owned stores in the United States, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, Puerto Rico, the United Kingdom and China, and franchise stores in Africa, Asia, – more...Australia, Europe, Mexico, the Middle East and China—where Guests can make and customize furry friends.
The Build-A-Bear Workshop experience is an expression of our commitment to redefine retail and entertainment. Our concept is designed to bring out the creative side of our Guests and provides maximum possibilities for personalization and customization to spark their imagination.
We challenge every associate to contribute wherever possible to our culture, our communities and our business success. Regardless of role, Build-A-Bear associates keep our core values at the heart of everything they do.
We cultivate a culture that truly begins with heart. From the passion our associates bring to work each day to our iconic heart ceremony, we deliver the Build-A-Bear spirit and one-of-a-kind experiences to our Guests – one furry friend at a time. It’s one of the reasons Build-A-Bear Workshop has been recognized time and time again as a sought-after employer:
Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® list: 2017, 2016, 2015,2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009
• Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE’s Best Workplaces in Retail list: 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014
• Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE’s Best Workplaces for Women list: 2017, 2016 and 2015
• Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE’s Best Workplaces for Millennials list: 2017, 2016 and 2015
• Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE’s Best Workplaces for Diversity list: 2017, 2016 and 2015
• The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list: 2017 and 2016
2-Star Accreditation by Best Companies for our ‘outstanding’ workplace engagement standards and commitment – less