Bupa Dental Care Employee Reviews

Busy job, not quite paid enough
Dental Nurse and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bristol12 June 2018
Bupa Dental is a great company to work for. Busy fulfilled days. Good management. Excellent progression opportunities available. Shame that pay is not competitive or reflective of the amount of work required of you.
Pros
Excellent progression opportunities
Cons
Poor pay
Tough place to be a decent dentist
Dentist (Former Employee) –  East Yorkshire3 June 2018
Large corporate companies always struggle to look after the little people and I'm afraid they're as guilty as anybody of not being interested in your career progression our advancing patient care, preferring to penny pinch. At the end of the day patients lose out on getting decent treatment. A shame
Pros
Slick brand
Cons
Poor treatment options and patient care
Worked at Bupa sleaford
Dental nurse (Former Employee) –  Sleaford31 May 2018
Stear clear, poor managment, current manager thrives off having all staff talk about each other, loves conflict, is unable to do a simple rolling weekly rota let alone run a busy practice.
I will never return to this practice even for 1 day agency work, worst practice in 20 years experience.
Pros
Staff carpark
Cons
Too many to list my
19 years service- now PM at Salemoor
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Salemoor9 May 2018
I have worked for Oasis / Bupa for nearly 19 years.
They have always supported me with my progression through the business.
Being a PM I feel the team spirt comes from you driving your team and you supporting them in their development.
I have worked across 4 different sites over the years which has helped me adapt more quickly to the job in hand through picking up more knowledge from the experience thats within the teams. This has taken me away from my comfort zone and has helped me build on my comfidence which has allowed me to develop in other areas such as HR & internal auditing to mention some.
We are always encouraged to develop our teams in the same way. To take you out of your comfort zone to push you to become the very best that you can be. To go that extra mile and to be recognised for it.
I am now working in the Salemoor practice. They are a great team, they want the very best for their patients and for the practice as a whole. They all go that extra mile and work great together.
If you want progession put some faith in Bupa, take that leap of faith and if you are willing to work hard and go that extra mile it wont be long before you achieve your goals
Pros
Great support network. GDC indemnity and cpd all paid for. Good progression
Awful place to work
Dental (Former Employee) –  Dorset27 April 2018
Worset company I have ever worked for
Management doesn't even support you, one day training and then they let you be by yourself without any knowledge and how to work the system and they just think you can do it by yourself covering a busy dental receptionist. Hours are long
Pros
A hour lunch
Cons
Long hour's, management awful
good place to work
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, Flintshire24 April 2018
A busy, friendly dental practice, support from head office, in a nice location, with modern equipment. reliable stock, highly trained nursing and reception team. busy reception area. high patient volume, good transport links, close to train and bus station.
Plenty of support and career progression offers
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, Flintshire24 April 2018
I have worked within the company for 7 years and have been give skills and development opportunities with the business, which is empowering and engaging. There is support from HR to payroll to clinical support even support to dentist.
Engagement evenings and different communication methods to ensure the practice is fully up to date, good standard of work carried out day in day out week in week out, with 3 monthly compliance checks to support and advice the teams.

Within Bupa I feel that we are protected in ensuring best practice with continued communications and visits.
Pros
Massive support network in any role
Cons
n/a
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Flint, Flintshire24 April 2018
I have worked for Bupa Dental care for 2 years and I have really enjoyed my experience with them. We have good members of staff who are team players.
We have well trained reception team who do everything they can to help the dentists and care for the patients. They always have a polite manner and a smile on their face when greeting and speaking to patients. It is a busy, friendly practice.
We have a highly trained nursing team who work well together with the dentists.
We have good reliable stock and we all do what we can to help each other throughout a days work.
Great support
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire23 April 2018
I havent worked in the business for a long time but I am receiving fantastic support from my peers and I know if I need anything they’re only a phone call or email away. The benefits are fantastic and they put a lot of effort into showing appreciation to all staff and ensure your hard work is recognised.
Pros
Support, wages, recognition
Cons
N/a
Love Bupa
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire19 April 2018
I have worked for Bupa for 3 years and i can honestly say I Love it... having started of as a receptionist, i have worked my way up to Practice Manager. Bupa have a fantastic support network. Along with various academy's to train our budding practice managers, nurses and hygienist. if you want a career come to Bupa. We love our everday
nice place to work
Lead Receptionist (Current Employee) –  bupa dental care18 April 2018
Bupa dental care is formally Oasis, nice company to work for. A lot of opportunities for progression. GDC registration is paid for, Core CPD provided.
Pros
GDC registration paid for
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  East Anglia17 April 2018
Bupa Dental Care is a fantastic place to work, with a great team of people. The culture is professional, yet engaging and fun. No 2 days are the same, and whatever role you are in, you end working alongside people all across the business. Everyone works collaboratively, with the end goal in mind.
Pros
Team events, flexible working on some Fridays
Great company to work for
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire17 April 2018
Great internal career opportunities,
Fully funded CPD training, GDC registration & DBS,
Great team & Modern surgeries and dental software system,
Amazing benefits: contributory pension, childcare vouchers, uniform provided
Benefits
Cons
Working occasional Saturdays
Good employer put people first
Dentist (Current Employee) –  South East17 April 2018
I've worked for Bupa for just over a year and so far my experience has been very positive. Clinical freedom is the most important part of my job and I've worked at other corporates where I've had trouble with this, but at Bupa my manager supports me to do what I think is right for my patients. The area manager is good too on the occasions I've met them
Pros
clinical freedom, good PM, I have a good nurse
Cons
Hours can sometimes be long
Very happy working here.
Adminsitrator (Current Employee) –  Bristol17 April 2018
I've worked here for nearly 3 years and find it to be a supportive and caring environment. Each team is different but generally the people and the management are welcoming and always happy to help when you need it.
Pros
Free parking, development opportunities, location, Culture
Cons
Basic Benefits, Pay
Great Place to Work
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  midlands17 April 2018
They offer great training so you are able to progress your career and have a supportive management team. The opportunity for flexible working hours is ideal for a great work to life balance.
Great place to work - very ambiitious
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol17 April 2018
Great people in Bupa who are really supportive and clear on what needs to be achieved. Helped me a lot through my development and would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Great people, supportive
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex16 April 2018
I am so thankful to be able to work with a great team of people.
Bupa have taken over Oasis and everything is changing for the better.
Pay increase has just been implemented and they really care about the staff.
There is great chance for promotion too within dental and also in the larger Bupa company.

My practice is a great old villa completely refurbished in Worthing West Sussex with 6 surgeries .We have with long serving dentists who are a great support to us and also 2 young Dentists. We have 2 trainee nurses that are about to qualify and lots of opportunities to train and progress. Eg implant nursing OHE and Irmer.
Pros
All GDC CPD Training is paid for
Cons
Not many
Recently taken over
Dental Nurse/Reception (Former Employee) –  Devon16 April 2018
I worked for Oasis before it became part of the Bupa family, since the take over there was a better atmosphere to the company and i feel they are much more People centred.
Although it is run by the larger company and they have to have budgets etc put in place, it is the local practice you work for that makes the position a good one. The practice i worked in was really good and the team made it that way. I only left as i moved from the area.
Pros
GDC and Indemnity paid, free CPD, christmas meal paid for, free parking.
Great experience
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  London SE, Greater London13 April 2018
A vey multi-tasking environment; dealing with Patient queries , as well as the associate issues.
The day usually start at the reception desk; managing the appointment diary, phone calls , ordering and regular one to one conversations with colleagues and associates.

Knowledge of spreadsheet is definitely useful as this is required for various reports.

There is always room for development, management are helpful and supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa Dental Care. Our community is ready to answer.