BWG Foods Employee Reviews

Good employers, interesting work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin22 February 2019
BWG Foods is a good place to work. It is a very busy environment which is challenging (so you have to like a challenge to work there!). They are dynamic and are constantly changing and adapting.

Loyal and committed employees are rewarded with career advancement. It is up to each individual to prove themselves and their capability.

Flexibility is also important as they change to ensure they are constantly improving.

The hardest part of the job is that it is a fast paced environment, but that also keeps it interesting.

The most enjoyable part of working there is the dynamic culture and the commitment of so many of the people that work there.
Very solid company
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 January 2019
Very much enjoyed my time in BWG and regrettably left (by my own devices after many years0. Great people in the company that give it real character. Will always wish them well
Hard to obtain the pick rate
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 November 2018
The safety at work is on a high level, but the problem is to obtain the pick rate. Its a big quantity of products to be put on the palet and do it in a correct way as said in maual handling
great place to work enjoy going into work, good direction, fantastic induction into to the company.
HR Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 September 2018
Great experience
Great direction/ work on my own inititive
Like the culture
Vision
Team Players
Manager Supportive
Flexibility
Communication
Pros
great people. great place and great environment
Cons
nothing at the moment
Great development opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin10 September 2018
Having worked with this Company for 15 years, I have had great opportunity to learn and develop. I have grown my career working with a wide variety of personalities, all gunning for the same thing....success!

Being a fast paced business, no two days are the same and the business is constantly looking at strategic initiatives and ventures, meaning things are constantly changing and never dull or boring. This makes it both challenging but very enjoyable in a culture where people like to see success.

It is a great culture, fast paced, creative and willing to try new ideas.
Pros
Exciting, interesting, great developmental opportunities
Bwg
Customer Service and Telesales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 August 2018
Good training provided, work can become repetitive after a few months, must be comfortable dealing with customers and complaints over the phone. Not very social.
Pros
normal hours
Cons
not great pay
hard job
Warehouse order picker (Current Employee) –  Dublin9 November 2017
It is a hard work with the use of voice speaking system. I've learned how to use llop machines and voice speaking system. To get this job you dont need any qualifications.
Pros
no qualification needed
Cons
management
Good but not good.
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Example25 September 2017
Good place to work as it’s not all hands on deck but the management is poor and some of the employees are too slow and lazy. It’s very easy to get institutionalised here as well.
Pros
Easy work and nice refurbished building
Cons
The people that work there
Great Workplace
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Carlow14 March 2017
I would definitely recommend this workplace to anyone who would like to be a part of a great team and learn a lot about Stock Taking and Stock Control.
Pros
Free Safety Equipment and Training
Cons
Heavy Liftining Involved
Busy hard working environment
Operations Warehouse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin9 March 2017
Daily organising of orders to be picked and processed for next day delivery. Highly target driven with hourly pixing rates to be met.
Iearned time management and also people management skills to ensure our targets were met. The management were very supportive and offered advise regularly.The hardest part of the job was the hours of work being 4pm to 1am Monday to Friday. The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of being able to manage a team of people and in most cases exceed our weekly targets.
Pros
Free canteen facilities and staff discounts on products.
Cons
Long hours, poor work/life balance, location was northside, work was very psyhical.
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 February 2017
Nice salary, only for hardworkers, head supervisor unpolite arrogant and ignorant.
Head manager is very professional, understanable and polite
Good work atmosphere and partnership between co workers
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
a day in a nutshell with friends
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Carrickmacross, MN6 September 2015
i enjoy going to work here. the people who were strangers to me have become close friends. it a busy workplace but we seem to get along even when something goes wrong.
Pros
great boss and friends to work with
Enjoyable
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Ireland28 August 2015
I worked for this company for almost six years and for the most part I really enjoyed the role, like most jobs there were good days and some bad, but in fairness the good will always out weigh the bad.

I learned a lot while working in this role , but most of the learning was done carrying out the job on a daily basis
Our Line Manager was excellent to work under and would have no issues there
The team I worked with were always willing to offer any help and assistance when needed
I supposed the hardest part of the Job was the amount of time spent Travelling to cover remote and rural area's, but when you achieved what you set out to do then it was always worthwhile
Pros
Left to work on your own initative
Cons
Travelling long distances on Dark winter nights
productive and fun
driver (Former Employee) –  dublin27 August 2015
very reliable company , good rate of pay, a lot of work , daily work from 7 am until finizh, delivering furniture around the country in a double men team.
work
Forklift driving, voice picking (Former Employee) –  Walkinstown, D26 August 2013
Just part time over agency just in for few weeks so cant tell if is good or not
State of the art operation.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D6 August 2013
Excellent work environment with excellent staff. BWG operate a PCP voice control system . This is a cross - functional operating system which includes purchasing , inventory and order processing control. It requires precise control in order to maximise it's potential. I have learned multiple HACCP procedures and regulatory requirements.
productive and fun place to work in
goods inwards operator (Former Employee) –  limerick18 February 2013
there was approx.40 staff members,that included all management.most days starting time for me was at 6am to 4-5oclock.i learned how to assemble customer orders,drive forklift truck/reachtruck,elevated platform,electrick palletruck.i learned about stocktake,stock replenishing and health and safety.i have had at least 6 managers in my time at bwg foods i can honestly say it was a pleasure to work along side every single one of them.as you know i had worked in bwg foods for 31 years in that time most of the staff there had similar service to mine so we all worked together a long time,we all got on very well and we really worked great together.the hardest part of my job,i couldn,t really say because i really loved my job because of the people that i worked with and management it was a pleasure
Pros
we were well paid staff
Cons
more hours the better
Buing dept
Seinor Buyer (Former Employee) –  Limerick29 November 2012
Very busy all day, kept going and business with nice people

Dealing with supplier and customers.
ensuring all offers were on site when required and all stocks there
with a min of shorts and stock holding
Pros
hours predictable
Cons
site closure