Caffè Nero

Caffè Nero Employee Reviews

Ireland4 reviews
A passion for a coffee is essential as well as a passion for team work. Creating coffee is the most important part but they provide all of the training youll ever need to be a barista.
If you want to work in a place where you can do the bare minimum and not lose your job then Ireland's Caffe Nero chapter is for you. If you would prefer not to work alongside those people you will either burn out or leave for greener pastures. The management within Caffe Nero's main concern is numbers, and no firings looks good beside their name at quarterly meetings. Anyone causing problems gets moved to a different shop, and this is repeated until they leave.
I was moved after I raised issue with a lot of what my shop manager was doing. A very young person who seemed to want the manager role to take loads of holidays and was generally absent and ineffective in her role. This is not true of all managers as the next shop I went to was very well managed by the shop manager, if hindered by the regional manager and the staff that she had hired.

I was very lucky to get landed with this second manager, but they are a person who has been burnt out and completely overused by caffe nero to the point where she strongly desires to leave the sector entirely, in spite of their great ability at this job. I know they get paid pitiably and have little support, a lot less than a lot of the incompetent managers that are their contemporaries. Yet Caffe Nero hasn't stopped opening Dublin chapters and I don't see them improving.

Avoid Caffe Nero if you can. Advancement is minimal, get a barista job, get promoted to shift leader and then use that to get a job somewhere better.
handy work
great staff

good stepping stone for management

not great pay as you develop

company getting too big staff starting to juct become numbers
Pros
free lunch and uniform great people
Cons
not good pay for supervisor or management
working in a cafe is a fast pace environment you have to be quick to make sure can keep up with orders the store I worked in was amazing great management and team
Pros
Free coffee and food
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Caffè Nero?