Caffè Nero

Caffè Nero Employee Reviews

A good company, maybe just a hard Job?
Good advancement opportunites, but
the people I worked with were almost always either horribly bored or stressed out and snappy, so I feel like cafe nero could invest in splitting up hours more regularly, longer breaks etc. Or perhaps increasing pay for Sunday work and early shifts? That was a big complaint I heard a lot.
Poor Regional Management
If you want to work in a place where you can do the bare minimum and not lose your job then Ireland's Caffe Nero chapter is for you. If you would prefer not to work alongside those people you will either burn out or leave for greener pastures. The management within Caffe Nero's main concern is numbers, and no firings looks good beside their name at quarterly meetings. Anyone causing problems gets moved to a different shop, and this is repeated until they leave.
I was moved after I raised issue with a lot of what my shop manager was doing. A very young person who seemed to want the manager role to take loads of holidays and was generally absent and ineffective in her role. This is not true of all managers as the next shop I went to was very well managed by the shop manager, if hindered by the regional manager and the staff that she had hired.

I was very lucky to get landed with this second manager, but they are a person who has been burnt out and completely overused by caffe nero to the point where she strongly desires to leave the sector entirely, in spite of their great ability at this job. I know they get paid pitiably and have little support, a lot less than a lot of the incompetent managers that are their contemporaries. Yet Caffe Nero hasn't stopped opening Dublin chapters and I don't see them improving.

Avoid Caffe Nero if you can. Advancement is minimal, get a barista job, get promoted to shift leader and then use that to get a job somewhere better.
staff are great great development good stepping stone to management
handy work
great staff

good stepping stone for management

not great pay as you develop

company getting too big staff starting to juct become numbers
Pros
free lunch and uniform great people
Cons
not good pay for supervisor or management
Cafe life
working in a cafe is a fast pace environment you have to be quick to make sure can keep up with orders the store I worked in was amazing great management and team
Pros
Free coffee and food
Cons