Capita

Capita Employee Reviews

Ireland47 reviews

Found 47 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,877 reviews

So stressful

In training it is amazing. You feel supported and valued. The call script isn’t realistic, customers scream at you and you are just told that part of the job. Its a tough job

Customer Care Representative

I really enjoyed working here however the pay is very limiting for cost of living in Ireland. The hours are fine and training is provided however I feel they could offer at least a weeks training opposed to three days.

Training

Information about employment at Capita is Poor, as I applied for a Position and Had to go through two weeks of training otherwise my contract would be terminated, which Happened. Poor Training and don't give slower learners time and Poor Information in regards to what is required to be learned and very hard.

Not bad, not great

Good life work / life balance, no need for overtime. Not too stressful. Salary is not great and no benefits to mention. HR not too responsive. Nice colleagues.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Salary

Just Awful

If you're thinking of working with Capita dont do it. the managers r awful, the customers are awful and the pay is too low for such a stressful job.

Nice place to work

I was very pleased to work with Capita. I felt supported all the time - by my managers and team mates. Good opportunity for me to learn and get new skills.

Target driven

Difficult to reach targets, many customers do not want to speak to you, was sent home early a few times as there were no customers available to call.

Worse company iv ever worked for

Worse company iv ever worked for. Management is rude and unprofessional looking down there noses. Collections has to be the most degrading job iv ever done

Positive Work Environment

I work on the contract for one of the main energy companies in Ireland as a Sales & Service Agent. Everyone I've dealt with as part of this campaign has been helpful & supportive to me every step of the way. There are opportunities to progress & most of the managers have started with the company on the phones taking calls from customers. With remote working, there is an assist line manned by experienced agents where you get help & advice to help you deal with customer queries.A negative is the wage, there is a bump after 6 months & you have the opportunity to earn commission but the wage in general is quite low as with the majority of call centre work.

Pros

Work From Home, Supportive Management, Personal Development

Cons

Wage

People are great in this company.

Grat place to start and sales job, loads of training provided and loads of help along the way if needed as well.The people are great as well in this company, salary isn't the best however you can make good commission if you work hard.Also working from home as well its not for everyone, but some people prefer it.

Pros

The people

Cons

Salary isn't great

Bad management

On the Irish Water contract within Capita PLC. Since they have taken over the contract there have been many controversies and staff leaving at a fast pace (including management). Not a good company to work for, Would highly recommend that you do not work for this company

Pros

Nice people on the team

Cons

Almost everything else

Hard work

Fast paced, hard work, difficult customers. No room for progression. Pay is a little over minimum wage, hard to meet bonuses. Call centre work is not good

Worst experience I have ever had

I thought this job was going to be brillant with all the perks. Do not fall for it. Once you start after training management become short, unhelpful and just plain rude. Noone helps or gets back to any questions, but God help you if you run a few mins over your break or personal time they call you put publicly in the group chat asking why. Extremely unprofessional and without doubt the worst place I have every worked. I lasted two months and ran for the hills.

Pros

The only one is getting time off was easy

Cons

Everything. Management, workload, customers. You're expected to do so much and basically paid minimum wage

Poor salary

I worked for the HSE under capita. Staff turnover is crazy. People quit daily as the workload is disproportionate to the wage provided. Small mistakes result in a meeting with management after which you are constantly monitored. Management were overall very nice and really tried to accommodate shift changes for the staff. The main problem is the type of work being done. Customers routinely berate staff for small inconveniences that are beyond an agents control.

Pros

Management organises bingo and wellness events, Management are extremely helpful with shift changes, Remote work means it’s accessible from anywhere

Cons

Low pay. Irate customers.

Bad pay, just another number.

In my time I spent with this company I enjoyed everyone I worked with , a great team and a great place to meet new people, most managers are fantastic and understanding and will do what they can for you.But the basic fact is you are not paid nearly enough than you should be, once working from home started they kept cutting bonus pay making it more difficult to make a decent wage, massive system changes which meant our workload had increased as they tried to make us believe the system would be more beneficial where in fact it is a time consuming system which is more stressful to use. Would not recommend the company on the bases of if you want a life and want a decent wage don’t work here.

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Long hours, bad pay, no opportunities for progression

Awful

No opportunities to advance. Depending on which contract you apply for it will either be manageable or awful. All HR situations are handled poorly and if you have any issues with anything every manager and supervisor reads from a script.

Pros

On site parking, remote

Cons

Pay, overall experience

Fantastic company!

Since starting with Capita my career has progressed faster than ever before. I'm surrounded by a team of incredible people and supportive managers who have assisted me in developing new skills. There is a wonderful culture of inclusivity at Capita. I would highly recommend joining this dynamic company.

They don't pay on time!

They are not paying you on time, you need to wait about 2 months to get your payment. They don't care you have to pay bills or landlord.Stay away from this company!

Nice place to work

I had no issues working here, everyone was very nice & I felt if I ever had any issues there was people I could talk to about it. I would definitely recommend this place for work

Friendly work place

Given large amoutns of responsibility very quickly , hardest prt of the job was the location and lack of facilities for food. Management where very accomidating.

Don’t give you time.

The company does not give you time to settle in. Very much thrown in at deep end. Yes you get training but you are expected to hit the ground running and mistakes are not really tolerated. People although pleasant are a bit stand offish and it’s hard to make friends. Management are quite handsoff but you aren’t given time if you aren’t doing well enough. Cuttroath. In my time there-people were let go onwith 0 notice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capita. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Capita
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?