Capita PLC
Coronavirus update
Information from Capita PLC:

Capita PLC Employee Reviews

Ireland18 reviews
Continuously examines administrative effectiveness and seeks better procedures such as [tasks]

07. Develops successful administrative strategies such as [task] that led to [results]

08. Establishes effective systems for information retrieval through [task]

09. Improves administrative support systems through [task]

10. Keeps documents organized via [task] to avoid duplicate information
The company does not give you time to settle in. Very much thrown in at deep end. Yes you get training but you are expected to hit the ground running and mistakes are not really tolerated. People although pleasant are a bit stand offish and it’s hard to make friends. Management are quite handsoff but you aren’t given time if you aren’t doing well enough. Cuttroath. In my time there-people were let go onwith 0 notice
Terrible experience, lack of management, lack of training. People don't know what they're doing there. I didn't feel supported by managers, the communication between the employee and employer was far away from professional. Stay away from this place, they didn't even offer you a tax saver. Lots of absurds, long-hours looking at the capita desktop. After 8,5 hours sitting there, you feel like digging a hole all day. If you get bored easily and like challenging tasks, stay away from this place. If you're a robot, who doesn't care about your mental health and your progression, it's perfect position for you.
Good company

Turnover of staff can be on the high side

Management under a lot of pressure internally and externally to deliver for clients

Overall a good place with nice people
Career and salary progression are not the best but it is a nice working environment with some great managers Workplace culture is generally good, a lot of turnover at times.
Pros
Good work environment, good work/life balance
Cons
career progression
The working environment was generally speaking unstimulating, management techniques were a bit outdated, but most people tried their best.
Hardest part of job would have been that the workload sometimes exceeded available resources/training levels.

Best part were my co-workers who were some of the nicest, hard working people I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
I couldn't hack the work. You were expected to know everything in 3 days. I thought I had made friends there and when I left not one of them said goodbye. I am glad I am out. I would never want to work in that uncomfortable environment again.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Lots of cons
Within my present role there is a lack of relevant experience . They seem to employ people with specific skills and do not encourage collegiality. The end result is a great deal of stress for staff as there are limited places to go for advice on issues.
Pros
Good Work Colleuges
Cons
Lack of training
Capita Asset Services was only a 2 week work experience but in those two weeks i was treated very well and thaught so many new skills and had my current skills improved.
Pros
friendly management
Cons
sitting for long periods of time
Challenging and sometimes stressful environment. Very much a multitasking environment with very little training providing. A lot of days were spent constantly fire fighting.

Very young and inexperienced work force.
Pros
Location in Maynooth & Dublin & Belfast
Cons
Lack of Structure and procedures
-Managed new accounts and cross selling while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
-Deliver the You First customer experience by demonstrating and maintaining exceptional knowledge and expertise of all products and services, and effective resolution of customer issues.
Pros
good management techniques
Cons
zero corporate culture
Majority of staff very nice however highly pressurised
Respectful of personal issues in majority of cases

Quite a bit of time firefighting.
Pros
Good team players
Cons
Some not so good team players
I learned how to interact with the Contracting Company's Customers, dealing with their queries and requests.

Management, and Coworkers were patient, helpful and made the day interesting.

The hardest part of the job was being unable to help a Customer with their query or complaint, and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist a Customer.
Pros
Easy paced environment, were I didn't feel pressured to know everything quickly.
Cons
You had to know where to find out the information that you needed, when explaining something to a Customer.
Was only here for 3 weeks on work experienced and all the staff were kind and very helpful.

Was guided not on by my Mentor at the time, but by other members of staff along with Supervisors and the 2 Managers.
Lovely company overall.
Good management and pleasant co-workers.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Temp contract
Fast peace,
International environment,

busy,

english speaker
I have learned a lot at working for my current job i do various different roles we do a lot of cross training.
Pros
Great Sfaff
Cons
Long Hours
Each day was high tempo with a lot of tasks to balance. This was particularly challenging but enjoyable as the sense of achievement once the day was over was exceptional.
Management were very understanding and my co-workers were friendly, making the place a fantastic environment to work in.

I was a deputy team lead myself so I tried to instil an sense of endeavour and enjoyment to my team.
Pros
good people