Cara Pharmacy

Cara Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Ireland12 reviews
Featured review
Cara Pharmacy selected this as a representative review
The group is really focusing on healthcare and pharmacy at the moment. It really helps that line managers are only a quick phone call away and I find the team very supportive and encouraging. We're providing new products and services all of the time and it's great to have such a good pharmacy focus.
It is really a great working place with people having good knowledge surrounding to you. Helping you to cop up with easily. They give you the space to be comfortable with them and guide you in every aspect.
Really great atmosphere to work.
Packing medications
changes in med charts

updating the packaging machinery

follows HPRA guidelines

training provided

managers willing to discuss and helps to improve
Fast paced and exciting please to work. Can be challenging at times with the changing landscape of pharmacy but overall, a nice place to work, with supportive culture.
Women who have been working there years treat the younger staff very unfairly. Very two faced environment to work in and has its reputation for not being a great place to work in for a reason. A big change needs to be done from management down.
Management are a nightmare and do not listen or try and help. The most awful place I've ever worked in, the 2 owners should stick to pharmacy as they are definitely not business people its pathetic really, my advise stay clear, nobody gets past the 6 month probation period for fear they would have to entitle you to holidays etc they just start advertising again.
It was a dreadful place to work, the atmosphere was toxic, a lot of 2 faced people behind the scenes. Awful company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Horrific
I have worked for Cara Pharmacy for nearly 2 years currently and worked part time for them when they first opened in the area 10 years ago, while I was at college.

My experience with the company has been great, yes Christmas is busy and our sale weekends can be hectic but that is to be expected in the retail industry.

I have been lucky enough to have been selected to attend training and development courses through Cara Pharmacy and I have also been rewarded with various accolades during my time with them.

My career progression with the company has been steady and I have been given good feedback as to what management expect from me and vise versa.
Pros
Career Progression
Cons
Busy coming up to Christmas
Quite frankly one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. Staff were treated dreadfully, management and head office were bullies. An absolutely awful environment with no values.
Cons
Loved who I worked with instore but anyone above the store was extremely difficult. Headoffice would not address issues that were ongoing, they tried to ignore it all. Unfair treatment and unrealistic expectations from staff around busy times ie. 6 day weeks at Christmas with only a 15minute lunch break Christmas Eve. Expected to cover other staff members if the company is stuck resulting in extra days. Rota is never done fairly either.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Unfair hours
nice place to work but the hours are crazy. Not everyone is treated equally.
Management don't take time to speak to employees and listen/ and or help to rectify any problems they might have.
Pros
free parking
Cons
working every second weekend
I loved my colleagues and enjoyed working with them every day. Also enjoyed my role in Cara.. Hours leading up to Christmas we’re cruel, working 6 days a week, depending what way the rota fell sometimes have to work 9 days straight and in the days running up to Christmas Eve only got 15 minutes for lunch. Rotas were a disaster when completed by head office and most of the time we’re never fair.
Pros
20% discount, great colleagues
Cons
Expectations of staff, some head office workers
I really enjoyed working in Cara pharmacy.I found that m co-worked were very kind, fun and helpful. I learnt a lot about fashion, fragrance, cosmetics. I really enjoyed my time working in Cara. As a result i expanded my knowledge and experience in retail, As i had the chance to learn skills and tips of the makeup artist and had the opportunity to do makeup on clients. I also learnt how to be fast on my feet as i was working during the peak time, just before christmas. I also gave my time to each customer and helped them to the best of my ability. I am also a very honest person and will recommended what products i personally think are very good. The most enjoyable part of my job was expanded my knowledge in the fashion, cosmetic, fragrance and pharmaceutical area. I also enjoyed helping customers and meeting new people.
Pros
free products
Cons
short breaks