Cara Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Innovative and Forward Thinking
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Dún Laoghaire, County Dublin24 October 2019
The group is really focusing on healthcare and pharmacy at the moment. It really helps that line managers are only a quick phone call away and I find the team very supportive and encouraging. We're providing new products and services all of the time and it's great to have such a good pharmacy focus.
Absolutely horrific people to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bundoran, County Donegal29 April 2019
Management are a nightmare and do not listen or try and help. The most awful place I've ever worked in, the 2 owners should stick to pharmacy as they are definitely not business people its pathetic really, my advise stay clear, nobody gets past the 6 month probation period for fear they would have to entitle you to holidays etc they just start advertising again.
It was a dreadful place to work, the atmosphere was toxic, a lot of 2 faced people behind the scenes. Awful company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Horrific
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cavan2 April 2019
I have worked for Cara Pharmacy for nearly 2 years currently and worked part time for them when they first opened in the area 10 years ago, while I was at college.

My experience with the company has been great, yes Christmas is busy and our sale weekends can be hectic but that is to be expected in the retail industry.

I have been lucky enough to have been selected to attend training and development courses through Cara Pharmacy and I have also been rewarded with various accolades during my time with them.

My career progression with the company has been steady and I have been given good feedback as to what management expect from me and vise versa.
Pros
Career Progression
Cons
Busy coming up to Christmas
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway13 March 2019
Quite frankly one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. Staff were treated dreadfully, management and head office were bullies. An absolutely awful environment with no values.
nice place to work
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 May 2018
nice place to work but the hours are crazy. Not everyone is treated equally.
Management don't take time to speak to employees and listen/ and or help to rectify any problems they might have.
Pros
free parking
Cons
working every second weekend
Loved my work but head office were a dread!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cavan6 February 2018
I loved my colleagues and enjoyed working with them every day. Also enjoyed my role in Cara.. Hours leading up to Christmas we’re cruel, working 6 days a week, depending what way the rota fell sometimes have to work 9 days straight and in the days running up to Christmas Eve only got 15 minutes for lunch. Rotas were a disaster when completed by head office and most of the time we’re never fair.
Pros
20% discount, great colleagues
Cons
Expectations of staff, some head office workers
Fun work place
Sales assistent (Former Employee) –  Galway8 June 2016
I really enjoyed working in Cara pharmacy.I found that m co-worked were very kind, fun and helpful. I learnt a lot about fashion, fragrance, cosmetics. I really enjoyed my time working in Cara. As a result i expanded my knowledge and experience in retail, As i had the chance to learn skills and tips of the makeup artist and had the opportunity to do makeup on clients. I also learnt how to be fast on my feet as i was working during the peak time, just before christmas. I also gave my time to each customer and helped them to the best of my ability. I am also a very honest person and will recommended what products i personally think are very good. The most enjoyable part of my job was expanded my knowledge in the fashion, cosmetic, fragrance and pharmaceutical area. I also enjoyed helping customers and meeting new people.
Pros
free products
Cons
short breaks