Caremark Ltd

Ireland16 reviews

Clear
3.2Pay & benefits

Good

Paycheque is low. Too low to have a normal life or even pay your rent. They are very disorganised and rude. If you have any problems you have to deal with them yourselves. The coordinator who does the rosters make you feel like second class citizen. Holidays very bad you have to have your hours worked up before can take a holiday.

Pros

Long shifts

Cons

Minimum wage, working every day

Pay terrible and no mileage

Management very bad expect you to run around with no mileage, jobs cancelled at last minute, u arrive to a call no one home job cancelled no one tells you. Client could be gone to hospital for days or weeks you loose the the call with no pay they promise you other jobs but rarely happens. Roster comes last minute often changes made and your not told. The coordinator who does the rosters make you feel like second class citizen. Holidays very bad you have to have your hours worked up before can take a holiday. They forget to pay you for calls and you have to chase them for weeks. You work all bank holidays some double pay but some not like I worked all over Christmas bank holidays had no double pay ?? They try get off double pay while Watch your hours on payslip as always wrong. Coordinator so rude to you when u need help.

Pros

The clients are often so nice

Cons

Some clients very demanding work and not paid enough for what you have to do

Awful place to work at

Supervisors and care coordinators are extremely rude and unhelpful. Paycheque is low. Too low to have a normal life or even pay your rent. They are very disorganised and rude. If you have any problems you have to deal with them yourselves. Also they say PPE is provided but you literally have to beg them for it. I had to buy a pack of gloves for myself because of that. They will also not pay you for your transportation. I have spend more money on transportation than I have earned.

Pros

Friendly clients

Cons

Low pay, long commute

Don’t recommend working here

When I worked at Caremark I felt the company was really badly run and very disorganised. You don’t get paid enough for what the job entails. They don’t treat their carers like humans just as things they can mistreat. When I worked there, even the elderly people I would go help said that the company was bad and the carers aren’t paid fairly. They give shifts regardless of whether or not you want them and also they guilt trip you into trying to take on shifts too by saying how much help they need, people are out sick, you haven’t worked much this week even when you have signed a contract to state what hours you’d be available at. I feel there are much better care agencies to work with than this company. I had a close contact issue and they still told me to go to work even when I work with high risk people, they lied and said I was supposed to go even though the HSE stated against it.

Pros

Get to meet different people

Cons

Salary is bad Supervisors are rude

Lovely relaxed place of work

Management are always happy to help sort out a schedule that suits you. Always their to help and encourage good pactice, free uniform and all you need to get settled in your job,all the training you need and want, Good management and people to work alongside

Pros

Rewarding

Cons

Petrol cost per mile Never covers the cost

Terrible

No staff relieve and caring, for example: After sick leave, no one will ask about your health. How you are feeling is not their business. It's just work for them and get paid less no matter your qualifications. After a year and more healthcare certificates, nothing changes.

Nice place to work. managment needs improvement

Alot of hours varying throughtout the day which can be hard to work alonogside childcare as you would be paying out twice what you earn in childcare. Every second weeekend is compulsory and more or less a 12 hour day. part time hours are not adhered to and always over rostered. staff dont communicate enough between carers and clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caremark Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement