Caremark

Caremark Employee Reviews

Ireland15 reviews
Nice & pleasant staff !
Staff pleasant & accommodating where possible. Hours are good. Clients can be difficult & supervisors really do come into there own with great advice. Perhaps years of service could be more reflective in pay scale?
Very supportive to care staff
Caremark was my first experience as a professional care worker, & everyone there were very kind & supportive to me. While I worked alone a lot, I never felt alone. Help, advice, support was never more than a call away, & my call was always answered. I loved my time with Caremark. I am very proud they seemed to thank I was good at my job. I was very sorry to leave,
Ok
I loved working at caremark & d clients loved d colour of d uniform done my training with caremark great experience to work with d elder & there daily needs !!
Terrible company to work as a carer
Clients are far away from each other. Poor training. Supervisors not picking up calls, and running late to introduce you to the clients. Lots of rides. Staff are not helpfull. Poor pay rate. Even if you ask for a day off, or holiday more then two weeks in advance, they dont give you and also not give a return if you got it or not.
Also the staff want you to work when you are sick, even with a GP note. Knowing that if the carer work as long as she or he is sick, its dangerous to the client.

I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Clients are lovely
Cons
no day offs, poor salary, terrible staff
Hca
Very poor company have to work 7 days a week to get a decent wage no mileage or use of company car when yours breakdown. If client is in hospital your down the hours and the pay. Can take a long time to build up hours. When you leave 1 house to go to next your not paid even do your driving to next client. No travel time given between clients expect you to speed to get to clients.
Very good
You can ask for more or less hours to work, the families and patients are so kind and the work environment is really good. It could be a better way to communicate with the managers.
a lot of driving long distance
it was okay place to work. loved meeting the clients and being on the road but the distance from my house to the calls were very far away. i would be gone all day but there was gaps in the day where i was doing nothing but wouldn't be worth my while going home
Pros
meeting the clients
Cons
using a lot of fuel
Good
Caremark is a good company to work for. You can be flexible with your hours and they will try to facilitate you. Management, I found were really nice and helpful. Good work life balance.
Pros
Good teams, listened to.
Cons
Lots of driving
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Caremark?
Prolific and Learning Place
I enjoyed working at Caremark because it was a platform I put in practice what I learnt as a care assistant.
I learnt to be patient with clients, listened and assisted. I learnt to work as a team.

The management was experienced in handling the challenges of human behaviour. The workplace was friendly.

However, I encountered one work colleague who did not like me and was very troublesome. As a writer, I do not like working under fear as this makes me not to concentrate in writing.

The hardest part of the job was when I was asked to work in the same shift with this particular person who did not like me and was setting traps for me to be in trouble. So I decided to leave.
Pros
Free uniform, flexible shifts
Cons
Driving under heavy traffic most of the time
Good for part time job. Good for knowing that you are helping people in needs. The management is very understanding and professional..................
Pros
flexible
Cons
Poor pay
Nettes Office
Sehr nettes und hilfsbereites back office, aber Bezahlung am unteren Rand der akzeptablen Skala
Productive and challenging
It's a good Company with stability and assurance. Working with wider multi-disciplinary team, in improving patient well-being is challenging.and rewarding
Pros
Stability and assurance
Cons
Long hours and difficult to get few weeks holidays
Ardfoyle Convent
Great job satisfaction
Lovely staff

Enjoyed it immensly

I learned a lot from other staff members who were working there along time.
Pros
Job satisfaction, lovely staff
Cons
Commuting to and from work
great company to work for
caremark is a team and we all come together to solve problems. typical day you are giving your rooster a week in advance so you can organise your days in advance. the hardest part of the job would be to see a client so unwell and you cant make them better but the way i look at it is to help and make all things around easier to manage.
Pros
been able to help
Cons
getting so close to your client and knowing they wont be there all the time.
loved my job but little support from management
Collected the daily papers on the way to work,
prepared breakfast, dressed bed while client ate breakfast, did the washup after breakfast, bathed and dressed client, shopping, prepare lunch and dinner, cleaned/dusted house

The hardest part of the job was trying to get away in the evening, at first I was hired to do 3 hours a day and by the end I was working 8-12 hours a day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I made my client happy with my work and the company I provided.

Had very little contact with the management, and when I had a problem nothing was done about it, I had to deal with it myself. When my client recovered I was offered 4 hours a day 4 days a week starting at 8.30am and finishing at 10.30pm.
Pros
free manual handling course
Cons
rostered to work 7 days a week without being asked if it were ok, for one month