Caremark

Caremark Employee Reviews

Staff pleasant & accommodating where possible. Hours are good. Clients can be difficult & supervisors really do come into there own with great advice. Perhaps years of service could be more reflective in pay scale?
Care work is a really lovely thing to do. I very much enjoyed the shifts knowing that I was providing aid to those really in need. I was given the correct shifts in line with what I had agreed to so there was no issue there.
My interview was very much just a comfortable, casual chat about the job role and the expectations that the employer has for an employee. There was no process of official job offering, however - I was just told in the interview if I wanted the work, I just needed to complete the paperwork. I believe this may be partly because the industry is so in need of carers, and I did have some personal, but not professional experience.

I am however saddened to say that the administration of my contract and how I was dealt with as an employee was very poor. It was not made clear to me, nor was it written in my contract that 1) I would be paid minimum wage instead of the agreed salary for any training that would take place; 2) I would be charged to complete the online training course; or 3) I would be charged for the DBS check of £48 if I left the company during my probationary period. None of these charges or salary changes are stated in the contract, nor were they conveyed verbally or in any other written form.

It came as a shock to me to find that I was deducted so much pay for these things. It is upsetting considering how hard you work for this company, and for the people in need. It is especially hard as it is such a rewarding and beneficial role to have.

I would unfortunately not recommend this employer to others, as I did not feel valued as an employee at all.
 - more...
Pros
Friendly Interview, Good shifts
Cons
Underpaid, Ambiguous and unclear contract
Not been able to fit all your clients in with the short time you had , last minute clients . Taking on new clients not enough staff to cover. Very stressful . Other carers competing with others just to get noticed , taking all the rewards of what another carer would no. Not enough training in certain care . Getting thrown into the deep end . Clients not getting rotas . Never again
Pros
Lovely clients sad to leave
Cons
Long hours, stressful, fast paced, no communication
I'm working for Caremark over 2 years it's a good company to work for they offered me a lot of support from the beginning till now. They given me plenty work so I could make a nice wage. I had to reduce my working hours and they understood me. Management it's nice and understanding, they do training so you know what you have to do. Can earn nice money just need common sense. Can meet a lot of new people.
The hob itself was lovely but unfortunately like most care companies you are worked like a dog, constantly pestered by managers to pick up shifts even if your flat out, made to feel guilty if you couldn't. Not enough travel time or time in calls to ensure the utmost care to clients! Organisation was none existing, they took on alot of younger people with zero life skills to care for vulnerable clients which tonmenwasnt acceptable, under payed most wage packets especially with mileage, terrible communication between staff and managers, put me off working in care for lifevun
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Caremark is a company that cares for people in their own homes. It can be challenging at times and it’s a 0 hour contract but you do usually get enough hours. Great supervisor and management
Pros
Great management
Cons
You do use your own car to get from house to house unless you walk
Bullies! Cheats - they make up the hours you work. Unsafe. Don't talk to you. Stressful. No respect. Disorganised office staff - rude, impolite. Feel sorry for the clients. Owner couldn't care less.
Pros
The clients
Cons
All above
No travel time between each client
Too many staff not enough clients

Expects bikers/walkers to get to each client within 5 minutes

Office dont realise distances between clients

Working 7 hours paid for 4.5 if your lucky
Pros
Amazing place to work. Lovely clients
Cons
All of the above
Live in care work is good. You get to build relationship with client and know that you are making there day to day life easier. Not having to go to different clients within a time limit is so much better.
Pros
One to one with client
Cons
Awful hours. Working from 6-8 everyday. Given one blouse to wear and have to pay for anymore.
The fuel allowance was not sufficient. Approximately paid 200 for petrol for a 1.2 engine car and would receive less than 20 back from company in fuel allowance.

Due to lack of money high turnover of staff, meaning lack of training and consistant practise and engagement with service users.

Management team did not appropiately do rotas, sometimes calling on day off or adding new clients the same day with no information where they lived or what they would need.
Pros
One on one contact with apperciative service users
Cons
Won't be able to support yourself financially
When I wanted to find out what happened to clients we used to visit then the visits were stopped, I could not find out what happened to them, which gave me the impression that I was required to perform certain skills but not expected to care too much. I wonder if certain companies will ever realise that the activity they are doing is supposed to be a service, not a business. I actually enjoyed working for the service users and tried to do my best. Hardest part of the job was that I felt I could not help more than fulfill basic needs (meds, food, light housework). Best part of the job was that I still helped the service users.
Pros
It's a job
Caremark was a very good company to work for good management not brilliant pay .good clients always plenty of work and very reasonable with the staff .unfortunately the company went into liquidation otherwise I'd still be there.
Pros
Good management and staff
Cons
Not very good pay
Don’t be fooled . The salary you get works out less than minimum wage When you are on call 24/7 and you have to cover shifts if staff call in sick. The company car, again don’t be fooled. You will be paying for fuel out of your salary. It’s 10 -15p per mile Basically you will end up being the advert for the company and you will be paying them for the privilege in a very small car. If you have no life it’s the job for you
Pros
Cons
Take advantage in every way they can
I have worked for this company from 2018-2020 (current) during this time there has been 2 pay rises! The staff are all lovely and welcoming with good communication constantly, full training is given with refreshers every year. Clients are all very friendly and your never traveling too far in between with travel time given.
Support is always given by the staff for each other whether its work related or more personal. 100% will always recommend
Pros
good pay
Cons
N/a
I find the management at Caremark Bray welcoming and approachable , providing good support for staff .They have a excellent carers .The training is good and is ongoing . I am happy to be a part of the Caremark Team .
Pros
Hours, communication
Cons
Rostering system.it can be slow to recieve roster sometimes, has improved recently
Very poor training and introduction.
Staff seems to be amateur, lack of professionalism. Office staff are very rude and are not very helpful either.

There is no workplace culture, you don’t feel part of the company.

If you are sick they say you have to work anyway.

It was a nightmare when needed days off, they never have anyone to cover you.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Join the company If you want to be worried about going to work everyday and question every move you take every day. Bloody stupid. Never again. Bully.
Pros
Good monthly pay
Cons
everything
Thay was very nasty to work for just because you running late thay sack you thay do not tell you the right area thay do not give you any contact details to let people now you are running late
Pros
Cons
Not that good
I have worked for Caremark for a few months now. I had never worked in a Care environment before. Caremark provided me with all of the support and training that I needed and requested and they have been really supportive. I really enjoy my role within the community and I feel very welcome within the team. They are flexible around my availability and provide me with a good work/life balance too.
Pros
Flexible hours, further training available, supportive and friendly colleagues
Cons
I really liked the job and the people and I really didn't want to leave.

It's just that I found another care role closer to home, so when I get breaks in the day, I can utilise my time better.
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Long Hours
I started working for Caremark last year and Quickly realise that the office staff don’t care about you. Diane the Manager just bring you down and an other office safe jade calls you up and has a really bad attitude with you. Case leader will Make out they care and they don’t.
Caremark don’t care about you or there a Client because they send you in to two people jobs on your own and want you to shower them.
Pros
The client