Caremark

Caremark Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Care Assistant5 reviews
Ireland5 reviews
Very poor training and introduction.
Staff seems to be amateur, lack of professionalism. Office staff are very rude and are not very helpful either.

There is no workplace culture, you don’t feel part of the company.

If you are sick they say you have to work anyway.

It was a nightmare when needed days off, they never have anyone to cover you.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Very poor company have to work 7 days a week to get a decent wage no mileage or use of company car when yours breakdown. If client is in hospital your down the hours and the pay. Can take a long time to build up hours. When you leave 1 house to go to next your not paid even do your driving to next client. No travel time given between clients expect you to speed to get to clients.
it was okay place to work. loved meeting the clients and being on the road but the distance from my house to the calls were very far away. i would be gone all day but there was gaps in the day where i was doing nothing but wouldn't be worth my while going home
Pros
meeting the clients
Cons
using a lot of fuel
Caremark is a good company to work for. You can be flexible with your hours and they will try to facilitate you. Management, I found were really nice and helpful. Good work life balance.
Pros
Good teams, listened to.
Cons
Lots of driving
I enjoyed working at Caremark because it was a platform I put in practice what I learnt as a care assistant.
I learnt to be patient with clients, listened and assisted. I learnt to work as a team.

The management was experienced in handling the challenges of human behaviour. The workplace was friendly.

However, I encountered one work colleague who did not like me and was very troublesome. As a writer, I do not like working under fear as this makes me not to concentrate in writing.

The hardest part of the job was when I was asked to work in the same shift with this particular person who did not like me and was setting traps for me to be in trouble. So I decided to leave.
Pros
Free uniform, flexible shifts
Cons
Driving under heavy traffic most of the time