CareWorks Employee Reviews

Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA24 May 2019
Good days at work
Learn a lot working with the children
Love the staff
Paid is good
Hours are good
Hardest part is calling out when they need me
I enjoyed working among them because they are nice people
Pros
Good people
Cons
If you’re a new hire, you’ll get the waste shifts.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CA18 February 2019
I got hired immediately (which is always a bad sign) and immediately I got a schedule, which I thought was awesome, but they were out of my proximity and one of the clients casually had loaded gun sitting on the table when I arrived at his home ( they warned me about him having guns and said they were kept in his safe). That client had a bad temper so I didn’t feel comfortable with him having a gun in his reach. So I let go of all those cases because I found out those were the ones no one wanted to take on and I understand why now, and let them know not to schedule me unless it’s in my proximity since I am also a student who has to go to class . I haven’t been scheduled for a month, they kept telling me they have clients coming in for me and they suddenly disappear it’s like they made that stuff up. When I called to let them know I will no longer work for them they tried to give me shifts all a sudden, well I scheduled doctors appointments and other things I can’t drop it all last minuet they could’ve told me those shifts 2-3 day advance. The Lady I spoke to on the phone with was very unprofessional and yelled at me and she kept telling me I should work for 3 agencies I said I don’t have time to juggle three agencies and school and she hung up because I told her why I was quitting and that the communication with scheduling was horrible. Oh well. Just a warning to everyone, if you know your worth you probably won’t like working here.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Office is far, poor communication, no open shifts
Productive, safety and fun
sale consultant (Former Employee) –  Claremont, Western Cape21 November 2018
I have an eager to learn more thing and i love working with others. So team work is a good way forward. Loyalty is the very important, I am a target driven person with selling skills and I am self motivated as well
Pros
Free lunch
Relaxed and undrstanding workplace
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA18 September 2018
I loved working working for CareWorks only wished my employment could have been longer. Typical day when you entered at your site helped with breakfast, diapering, and continued out the day with the lesson plan the teacher has prepared. Coworkers were fun and great to get along with.
No comment
OFFICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NC16 September 2018
Great job and good benefits. I was able to take 4 day weekends and I enjoyed the work that I was assigned to do. Recruitment tends to be a strength for me. I truly enjoyed working for CareWorks.
Pros
Long weekends and good coworkers
Cons
Benefits were not financially reasonable for family
N/a
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OH29 August 2018
usually busy on Monday and Tuesday. learn a lot about FMLA( Family Medical Leave Act and STD( Short Term Disabilities) management is pretty laid back for the most part and it business casual dressing
worker's comp
Case Manager Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OH11 June 2018
workers compensation. assessing the history of progress of patients as they progressed with therapies including PT and OT while healing from a work related injury
Pros
monday-friday position
Cons
lack of patient contact
I currently work here and are overloaed with case load
Absence Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OH6 June 2018
Too many cases and no end in sight of my case load being lowered only empty promises. They cut overtime and expect the work to get done to perfection if not it will affect your review next year.
Pros
Cons
increase in health benefits make less this year then last year
Workplace Culture
SENIOR CASE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH5 June 2018
Careworks is part of a larger company and is currently undergoing a transition to become more uniform. It is not a bad company, but it is not the company that it was when it was first formed.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Pay is not as good as it should be
Nice office
Office Assistant / Rapid Return Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OH4 April 2018
I liked the open office the staff worked hard and were very polite, I could work though lunch and go home 30mins. early if I wanted to
I didn't like the long drive home.
Pros
Skip lunch to leave early
Cons
Long drive to work
It was bought out and culture changed
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OH4 April 2018
The culture of the company changed after it was bought out. The benefits got worse and the pay never improved for the job responsibilities. They would not add the people that were needed to do the job.
Fast Paced and Relaxed Workplace
Absence Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH3 April 2018
It is a fast-paced work environment and you have plenty of deadlines to make. Overall it is a good company to work for they do look out for their employees as well. They are very understandable if you need to take time off work and they are relaxed. The job is stressful at times though but then again what job isn't right?
Pros
PTO time
Cons
Benefits are not the greatest
A typical day a work.
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OH21 February 2018
First thing I am responsible for processing old claims , then I move on to another queue process the oldest bills first. There are two more queues that I'm responsible for.
Pros
I always get my 40 hours.
Cons
Poor compensation.
Productive and fun workplace
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 January 2018
Great company to work for. Hours were great works well with someone who has children and family at home. I learned that the government provides free circumcision for all men all over the country as well as HIV testing they also provide transport for those people that want to have these procedures done and it is all at no cost.
Cons
I loved the shifts they had as well as the fact that they provided transport home.
Great Company
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA6 December 2017
The company tries its best to find a place where you feel most confortable. They are very understanding when you have to take time off. (no paid vacation was included.)
If u likes kids then u should work there
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts3 December 2017
Be on time if ur late let the boss know so they can tell the teacher,always be on ur feet because kids run fast and get into trouble. But it always fun playing with them.
Pros
Sometimes if there left over lunch then that can be
Cons
Breaks was okay
results based company but fun to work with
Demand Creation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, Free State18 September 2017
The hardest part of the job is not being able to see the results on the day of the camps. When clients are happy and bring more of their peers for the same services. Management is okay, they have their moments but they are not that bad.
Cons
no benefits
productive and fun place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OH9 August 2017
Fun place to work. Management was easy to get along with. Was a relaxed environment with great benefits. Did data entry, entered demographic information and billing codes to process claims.
The best job I've ever had!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OH25 July 2017
Wonderful atmosphere. The supervisors and the managers actually make themselves available for any issue. Sometimes ques can get crazy, but not unbearable. There is always something going on in your specific department to make you feel like you're actually a part of a family.
Pros
family atmosphere, laid back, great perks.
Cons
wish pay could be a little more
Lack luster senior management who couldn't think forward if their own jobs depended on it.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OH5 June 2017
The hardest part about working at CareWorks is accepting the fact that you work at CareWorks and you're in a dead end job. If you like just coming in and collecting your paycheck and have no career goals, this is the place for you.
Pros
Lots of good food close by for lunch.
Cons
Everything else