Carraig Donn

Carraig Donn Employee Reviews

Catty hostile environment

An easy enough place to work, just the management & pay that let it down. Doing so much on minimum wage, with people above who have no regards for those under them. Never face to face communication!! Making colleagues feel terrible about how they work.

Pros

Discount is okay, the younger girls are amazing

Cons

Pay, management

Bad pay & bad attitudes

Minimum pay, even managers are badly paid. Disorganised place. Managers talk to people like they're dogs. New staff & younger staff used mostly as cleaners.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Low pay, no proper breaks, not paid if asked to stay longer.

Horrible

Manufacture. The pay is minimum wage and for the work expected it is not worth it, management team is really bad and unorganised.Everyday you are stressed and talk to like you are a dog by the supervisor. The management team is not doing anything about it.They tell you you can make bonuses but the goal is impossible to reach so you actually don't get any.

Pros

Cons

Stress

Productive, pleasant and motivated.

Productive and hard working. Busy but very enjoyable. Lovely work colleagues. Good bosses. I really liked working there. There was a very young workforce. Every one was really nice and easy to talk to. Also, the workers are all very helpful and obliging to one another.

Lockdown work.

Absolutely lovely place to work. Everyone is nice. The work is hard sometimes but it's a supportive place where everyone is willing to help. They take covid seriously and whilst working there I never felt at risk of catching it due to the brilliant protocols.

Pros

Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Not enough work.

Lovely place to work

I worked with Carraig Donn for the Christmas season , it was incredibly busy so the shifts used to go by so quickly. The staff were so friendly, welcoming and patient training. The management were lovely so approachable and listened to you if you had any questions. The only reason i left was because the hours very low and i couldn't survive on the low wage. Would highly recommend them for anyone.

Pros

lovely environment to work in

Cons

not enough hours

Horrible toxic work place

I worked in Carraig Donne in blanch and it was absolutely horrible TOXIC WORK PLACE all manger cared about was cleaning and basically had to clean for free all young staff were used as basically cleaners when I was a sales advisor but anyways ..Fashion manger was nasty and mean talked about everyone behind there back was childish like a secondary school mindset in a job it’s crazy to talk about staff behind there back to other staff felt horrible coming to work everyday knowing this was a horrible toxic environment had no consideration for staff either so glad I don’t work there anymore genuinely couldn’t pay me to go back to work there

Poor treatment to shop level staff

Carraig donn individual shop team is amazing good craic altho stressful and hard work they are the best team for helping each other out but as far as head office and the owner go they treat you like dirt no bonus for smashing targets or over time you do no also not even a thank you email for slaving away making thousands at xmas no appreciation for store level staff

Pros

50% discount on clothes

Cons

Clothes are very poor quailty

Temp sales

Trained in by a really person from a different store she was so nice and helpful. Blanchardstown was a new store when I started. The younger staff.members were treated very unfairly and basically treated as cleaners that's all supervisor or manager seemed bothered about that all the floors were dust free ,and you weren't.paid after 9 pm.shop close so basically cleaning after hours 0forf gree

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Terrible management

Excellent career opportunity

I really enioyed my time with the company, I worked with a highly supportive team, the staff felt like family. My store was extremely well managed and all hours and rotas were well organized. I always learned something from the team, they were exceptional! I learned a great deal about retail during my time there and I think that it's a great opportunity to grow and progress in your career.

Pros

Happy work environment

Cons

Can be demanding in peak seasons

Great Company

Loved the working culture with CD! Only reason I left was due to relocation. Everyone was very supportive and keen to see each store succeed. I was exposed to many new areas also which allowed me to improve my skills further. Everyone is very involved, from the department buyers to the owner.

Terrible company to work for, does not care for their employees

- an absolutely toxic, hostile and petty working environment with a lack of communication and lots of unnecessary drama. -The national minimum wage went up to 10.10 but I was refused a raise from 9.80 to 10.10 because I was short of 5 months from turning 20. -the management is two-faced and some are bullies. -The previous manager bullied so many people into hating the job and feeling like they had no option but to quit. She has made numerous mean and unnecessary remarks about me to other staff and all that was done was she was moved to a different sore location (she has worked in just about half of the 41 store locations now) -In the span of 2 months,6-7 staff members have either left or quit from our store when we only have about 12-15 staff total. -We are expected to check, unload and have out onto the floor as many as 4-6 palettes. However, it was still manageable when we used the lift to transfer all the boxes upstairs. We have now been told that staff is not allowed to use the lift and we now have to carry up 20-40 boxes of big, HEAVY boxes up 2 flights of stairs every single week. - an employee was dismissed with 3 days of notice upon the reason that we "did not have enough hours for the amount of staff we have and his contract had ended" but then a week later 2 new people were hired. - during this period of the coronavirus, over 300 staff have been told the night before that all of the stores will be closing. We were all temporarily laid off with no notice. -The company has refused to take on the COVID19 refund scheme where they'd pay the employees -

Great company

The overall company are great to work for. The overall management are accessible and easy to communicate with. There's always opportunities to step up.

Great place

It's a great place to work. Hours are a good balance........ Would definitely recommend to other people looking for job that's not stressful..........

Nice place to work

You are never idle and there is always something to do. A great place to get experience and learn the ropes on how to work in a fast paced environment.

Loved every minute

I worked for Carraig Donn for 7 and half years and enjoyed it so much, everyday was different you're involved In so much it's not like most jobs where you are employed for 1 or 2 tasks you get deep in straight away. I would recomened this company to anyone

Toxic management

A shocking amount of micro-managing at all levels. Usually a catty and/or petty environment and very inefficiently run due to lack of communication at all levels.

Cons

Terrible communication/bad work environment

Fun place to work

Fun place to work great team work and support from other co workers and immediate management team great feel of support and interest in the well being of the workers

Productive and friendly environment

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed working at Carraig Donn. The job entailed, cleaning the shop, restocking rails, tagging clothes and assisting customers at the fitting rooms. I learned numerous amount of things, such as how the shop runs and where everything goes, and assisting difficult customers. The management in Carraig Donn were incredibly organised and efficient. They treated everyone in a fair and polite manner. My colleagues were very friendly and there was no conflict between any staff members.

Pros

12 euro on a Sunday

Cons

None.

Lovely company to work for

Gained great experience working here in all different departments.You create such a bond with both the customers and the employees. Management were so helpful in every aspect and always wanting their employees to grow more. Fun and enthusiastic work environment. Great discounts Loved working for this company

Pros

Good variety of experience and development

Cons

Working hours may vary each week

Hard Work

its is a typical Irish Family owned company. Needs some modernizing is its company practices and policies. Needs to expand infrastructure of company as quick and they open new store locations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carraig Donn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement