Carraig Donn

Carraig Donn Employee Reviews

Ireland18 reviews
Great Company
Loved the working culture with CD!

Only reason I left was due to relocation. Everyone was very supportive and keen to see each store succeed. I was exposed to many new areas also which allowed me to improve my skills further. Everyone is very involved, from the department buyers to the owner.
Terrible company to work for, does not care for their employees
- an absolutely toxic, hostile and petty working environment with a lack of communication and lots of unnecessary drama.

-The national minimum wage went up to 10.10 but I was refused a raise from 9.80 to 10.10 because I was short of 5 months from turning 20.

-the management is two-faced and some are bullies.

-The previous manager bullied so many people into hating the job and feeling like they had no option but to quit. She has made numerous mean and unnecessary remarks about me to other staff and all that was done was she was moved to a different sore location (she has worked in just about half of the 41 store locations now)

-In the span of 2 months,6-7 staff members have either left or quit from our store when we only have about 12-15 staff total.

-We are expected to check, unload and have out onto the floor as many as 4-6 palettes. However, it was still manageable when we used the lift to transfer all the boxes upstairs. We have now been told that staff is not allowed to use the lift and we now have to carry up 20-40 boxes of big, HEAVY boxes up 2 flights of stairs every single week.

- an employee was dismissed with 3 days of notice upon the reason that we "did not have enough hours for the amount of staff we have and his contract had ended" but then a week later 2 new people were hired.

- during this period of the coronavirus, over 300 staff have been told the night before that all of the stores will be closing. We were all temporarily laid off with no notice.

-The company has refused to take on the COVID19 refund scheme where they'd pay the employees
 - more...
Great company
The overall company are great to work for. The overall management are accessible and easy to communicate with. There's always opportunities to step up.
Great place
It's a great place to work.
Hours are a good balance........

Would definitely recommend to other people looking for job that's not stressful..........
Nice place to work
You are never idle and there is always something to do. A great place to get experience and learn the ropes on how to work in a fast paced environment.
Loved every minute
I worked for Carraig Donn for 7 and half years and enjoyed it so much, everyday was different you're involved In so much it's not like most jobs where you are employed for 1 or 2 tasks you get deep in straight away. I would recomened this company to anyone
Toxic management
A shocking amount of micro-managing at all levels. Usually a catty and/or petty environment and very inefficiently run due to lack of communication at all levels.
Cons
Terrible communication/bad work environment
Fun place to work
Fun place to work

great team work and support from other co workers and immediate management team

great feel of support and interest in the well being of the workers
Productive and friendly environment
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed working at Carraig Donn.

The job entailed, cleaning the shop, restocking rails, tagging clothes and assisting customers at the fitting rooms. I learned numerous amount of things, such as how the shop runs and where everything goes, and assisting difficult customers.

The management in Carraig Donn were incredibly organised and efficient. They treated everyone in a fair and polite manner. My colleagues were very friendly and there was no conflict between any staff members.
Pros
12 euro on a Sunday
Cons
None.
Lovely company to work for
Gained great experience working here in all different departments.You create such a bond with both the customers and the employees.
Management were so helpful in every aspect and always wanting their employees to grow more.

Fun and enthusiastic work environment.

Great discounts

Loved working for this company
Pros
Good variety of experience and development
Cons
Working hours may vary each week
Hard Work
its is a typical Irish Family owned company. Needs some modernizing is its company practices and policies. Needs to expand infrastructure of company as quick and they open new store locations.
Productive and enjoyable work place
I really enjoyed my time working in Carraig Donn as I was able to have contact with customers and also keep busy constantly. The hours I was given suited me.
Great products and great people to work with.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in carraigdonn and got so much great experience and many fantastic opportunities, the people were lovely and the company itself is a very well run and friendly, brilliant experience for anyone wanting a broad understanding of retail and all it entails.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Not family suitable hours.
Wonderful management, nice class of customer but not enough hours available
Except for management, all the staff are part time/permanent in the store and my contract would only guarantee me 4 hours per week. I loved working for them, workplace environment was good and feedback on performance was encouraged - I was commended for my customer service and sales skills. They have also advised that they will contact me immediately a new position comes available.
Pros
Lovely company to work for
Cons
minimum wage unfortunately and not enough rostered hours
excellent have acheived and learnt so much
I started of as senior sales in Carraig Donn and was promoted to Supervisor in fashion which I love and care for so much. I love being able to look and deal with the targets end of things to it makes you see what you can achieve week on week.

I have a great working relationship with all of my work colleagues including my managers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when e all make target and celebrate with coffee and make our customers happy.
Interesting, people-friendly workplace
I was a Sales Advisor there and had a Christmas-contract only, but I liked working with people, assisting them with carefully choosing their gifts for exceptional occasions like Weddings.
My favourite was Giftware and Jewellery section.

The hardest part of the job was to gain room for filling up goods as the shop was too small for the numbers of customers visited daily.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was to work with people.
Pros
Near / Short hours / Nice and clean workplace
Cons
Poor management / Poor communication with employees
Enjoyable and happy workplace
My typical day at work would have been covering people at tills when they would have their break.
I learned how important and rewarding it was to greet every customer and help them out with whatever they needed.

The management was cooperative and helpful.

The co-workers there were very friendly and genuine.

The hardest part of the job was learning to deal with difficult customers however I found this to be an invaluable experience.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working behind the tills dealing with the customers.
Really enjoy working for Carraig Donn but feel i have outgrown my position there now. Pay freeze for the past 5 years with no increments.
Like working for an Irish owned company. Would be a very good ambassador for this company. Pay freeze for the past 5 years. Wages need to be improved especially if your store is performing.
Pros
Irish owned company. Opening hours not too bad.
Cons
Wages no where to advance to now.