Carraig Donn Employee Reviews

Toxic management
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ireland15 May 2019
A shocking amount of micro-managing at all levels. Usually a catty and/or petty environment and very inefficiently run due to lack of communication at all levels.
Cons
Terrible communication/bad work environment
Productive and friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick25 January 2019
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed working at Carraig Donn.

The job entailed, cleaning the shop, restocking rails, tagging clothes and assisting customers at the fitting rooms. I learned numerous amount of things, such as how the shop runs and where everything goes, and assisting difficult customers.

The management in Carraig Donn were incredibly organised and efficient. They treated everyone in a fair and polite manner. My colleagues were very friendly and there was no conflict between any staff members.
Pros
12 euro on a Sunday
Cons
None.
Lovely company to work for
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny Macdonagh junction3 September 2018
Gained great experience working here in all different departments.You create such a bond with both the customers and the employees.
Management were so helpful in every aspect and always wanting their employees to grow more.
Fun and enthusiastic work environment.
Great discounts
Loved working for this company
Pros
Good variety of experience and development
Cons
Working hours may vary each week
Hard Work
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Westport, UK22 June 2018
its is a typical Irish Family owned company. Needs some modernizing is its company practices and policies. Needs to expand infrastructure of company as quick and they open new store locations.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Seasonal Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Laoise, County Laois5 June 2018
I really enjoyed my time working in Carraig Donn as I was able to have contact with customers and also keep busy constantly. The hours I was given suited me.
Great products and great people to work with.
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath15 February 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in carraigdonn and got so much great experience and many fantastic opportunities, the people were lovely and the company itself is a very well run and friendly, brilliant experience for anyone wanting a broad understanding of retail and all it entails.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Not family suitable hours.
Wonderful management, nice class of customer but not enough hours available
Seasonal Part-time Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Arklow, County Wicklow2 February 2017
Except for management, all the staff are part time/permanent in the store and my contract would only guarantee me 4 hours per week. I loved working for them, workplace environment was good and feedback on performance was encouraged - I was commended for my customer service and sales skills. They have also advised that they will contact me immediately a new position comes available.
Pros
Lovely company to work for
Cons
minimum wage unfortunately and not enough rostered hours
excellent have acheived and learnt so much
Fashion supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin9 August 2016
I started of as senior sales in Carraig Donn and was promoted to Supervisor in fashion which I love and care for so much. I love being able to look and deal with the targets end of things to it makes you see what you can achieve week on week.

I have a great working relationship with all of my work colleagues including my managers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when e all make target and celebrate with coffee and make our customers happy.
Interesting, people-friendly workplace
Sales Advisor - Jewellery/Giftware section (Former Employee) –  County Waterford4 August 2016
I was a Sales Advisor there and had a Christmas-contract only, but I liked working with people, assisting them with carefully choosing their gifts for exceptional occasions like Weddings.
My favourite was Giftware and Jewellery section.
The hardest part of the job was to gain room for filling up goods as the shop was too small for the numbers of customers visited daily.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was to work with people.
Pros
Near / Short hours / Nice and clean workplace
Cons
Poor management / Poor communication with employees
Enjoyable and happy workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ennis, County Clare17 May 2016
My typical day at work would have been covering people at tills when they would have their break.
I learned how important and rewarding it was to greet every customer and help them out with whatever they needed.
The management was cooperative and helpful.
The co-workers there were very friendly and genuine.
The hardest part of the job was learning to deal with difficult customers however I found this to be an invaluable experience.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working behind the tills dealing with the customers.
Really enjoy working for Carraig Donn but feel i have outgrown my position there now. Pay freeze for the past 5 years with no increments.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wexford, WX4 August 2015
Like working for an Irish owned company. Would be a very good ambassador for this company. Pay freeze for the past 5 years. Wages need to be improved especially if your store is performing.
Pros
Irish owned company. Opening hours not too bad.
Cons
Wages no where to advance to now.