Carraig Donn Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

3.0Pay & Benefits
Toxic management
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ireland15 May 2019
A shocking amount of micro-managing at all levels. Usually a catty and/or petty environment and very inefficiently run due to lack of communication at all levels.
Cons
Terrible communication/bad work environment
Productive and enjoyable work place
Seasonal Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Laoise, County Laois5 June 2018
I really enjoyed my time working in Carraig Donn as I was able to have contact with customers and also keep busy constantly. The hours I was given suited me.
Wonderful management, nice class of customer but not enough hours available
Seasonal Part-time Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Arklow, County Wicklow2 February 2017
Except for management, all the staff are part time/permanent in the store and my contract would only guarantee me 4 hours per week. I loved working for them, workplace environment was good and feedback on performance was encouraged - I was commended for my customer service and sales skills. They have also advised that they will contact me immediately a new position comes available.
Pros
Lovely company to work for
Cons
minimum wage unfortunately and not enough rostered hours
Interesting, people-friendly workplace
Sales Advisor - Jewellery/Giftware section (Former Employee) –  County Waterford4 August 2016
I was a Sales Advisor there and had a Christmas-contract only, but I liked working with people, assisting them with carefully choosing their gifts for exceptional occasions like Weddings.
My favourite was Giftware and Jewellery section.
The hardest part of the job was to gain room for filling up goods as the shop was too small for the numbers of customers visited daily.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was to work with people.
Pros
Near / Short hours / Nice and clean workplace
Cons
Poor management / Poor communication with employees