Carraig Donn

Carraig Donn Management reviews

Ireland22 reviews
The overall company are great to work for. The overall management are accessible and easy to communicate with. There's always opportunities to step up.
I worked with Carraig Donn for the Christmas season , it was incredibly busy so the shifts used to go by so quickly. The staff were so friendly, welcoming and patient training. The management were lovely so approachable and listened to you if you had any questions. The only reason i left was because the hours very low and i couldn't survive on the low wage. Would highly recommend them for anyone.
Pros
lovely environment to work in
Cons
not enough hours
Trained in by a really person from a different store she was so nice and helpful. Blanchardstown was a new store when I started. The younger staff.members were treated very unfairly and basically treated as cleaners that's all supervisor or manager seemed bothered about that all the floors were dust free ,and you weren't.paid after 9 pm.shop close so basically cleaning after hours 0forf gree
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Terrible management
- an absolutely toxic, hostile and petty working environment with a lack of communication and lots of unnecessary drama.

-The national minimum wage went up to 10.10 but I was refused a raise from 9.80 to 10.10 because I was short of 5 months from turning 20.

-the management is two-faced and some are bullies.

-The previous manager bullied so many people into hating the job and feeling like they had no option but to quit. She has made numerous mean and unnecessary remarks about me to other staff and all that was done was she was moved to a different sore location (she has worked in just about half of the 41 store locations now)

-In the span of 2 months,6-7 staff members have either left or quit from our store when we only have about 12-15 staff total.

-We are expected to check, unload and have out onto the floor as many as 4-6 palettes. However, it was still manageable when we used the lift to transfer all the boxes upstairs. We have now been told that staff is not allowed to use the lift and we now have to carry up 20-40 boxes of big, HEAVY boxes up 2 flights of stairs every single week.

- an employee was dismissed with 3 days of notice upon the reason that we "did not have enough hours for the amount of staff we have and his contract had ended" but then a week later 2 new people were hired.

- during this period of the coronavirus, over 300 staff have been told the night before that all of the stores will be closing. We were all temporarily laid off with no notice.

-The company has refused to take on the COVID19 refund scheme where they'd pay the employees
 - more...
A shocking amount of micro-managing at all levels. Usually a catty and/or petty environment and very inefficiently run due to lack of communication at all levels.
Cons
Terrible communication/bad work environment
Fun place to work

great team work and support from other co workers and immediate management team

great feel of support and interest in the well being of the workers
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed working at Carraig Donn.

The job entailed, cleaning the shop, restocking rails, tagging clothes and assisting customers at the fitting rooms. I learned numerous amount of things, such as how the shop runs and where everything goes, and assisting difficult customers.

The management in Carraig Donn were incredibly organised and efficient. They treated everyone in a fair and polite manner. My colleagues were very friendly and there was no conflict between any staff members.
Pros
12 euro on a Sunday
Cons
None.
Gained great experience working here in all different departments.You create such a bond with both the customers and the employees.
Management were so helpful in every aspect and always wanting their employees to grow more.
Fun and enthusiastic work environment.

Great discounts

Loved working for this company
Pros
Good variety of experience and development
Cons
Working hours may vary each week
Except for management, all the staff are part time/permanent in the store and my contract would only guarantee me 4 hours per week. I loved working for them, workplace environment was good and feedback on performance was encouraged - I was commended for my customer service and sales skills. They have also advised that they will contact me immediately a new position comes available.
Pros
Lovely company to work for
Cons
minimum wage unfortunately and not enough rostered hours
I was a Sales Advisor there and had a Christmas-contract only, but I liked working with people, assisting them with carefully choosing their gifts for exceptional occasions like Weddings.
My favourite was Giftware and Jewellery section.

The hardest part of the job was to gain room for filling up goods as the shop was too small for the numbers of customers visited daily.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was to work with people.
Pros
Near / Short hours / Nice and clean workplace
Cons
Poor management / Poor communication with employees
My typical day at work would have been covering people at tills when they would have their break.
I learned how important and rewarding it was to greet every customer and help them out with whatever they needed.

The management was cooperative and helpful.
The co-workers there were very friendly and genuine.

The hardest part of the job was learning to deal with difficult customers however I found this to be an invaluable experience.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working behind the tills dealing with the customers.